2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Black Friday Hiking accessories ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
timberland Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 20 2012, 9:11 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi all...I'm new to the forums although a multi year subscriber to BP magazine.  

I'm looking for Black Friday specials for hiking....one on my list is GoLite's Jam 35L or 50L for day hikes around our vacation home in the GSMNP.   Another is a water purifier.

I'm looking forward to spending some time here and in the camera / photo forum.  Two of my combined favorites are day hikes and photography.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 3:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think most retailers are offering something. Maybe Sierra Trading Post, REI and the rest should have stuff on sale. Good luck shopping on Friday. I'm planning on being out of town.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 3
bad knees Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 3:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(timberland @ Nov. 20 2012, 9:11 pm)
Hi all...I'm new to the forums although a multi year subscriber to BP magazine.  

I'm looking for Black Friday specials for hiking....one on my list is GoLite's Jam 35L or 50L for day hikes around our vacation home in the GSMNP.   Another is a water purifier.

I'm looking forward to spending some time here and in the camera / photo forum.  Two of my combined favorites are day hikes and photography.

Welcome aboard.  I have a house in Bryson City.  Where do you reside down there?

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 4
wayne9867 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 3:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am going to take up temporary residence in the GSMNP at back county campsite 24 in about a week.  Have a wonderful one bedroom tarp I will be occupying for my stay.
 Post Number: 5
timberland Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 4:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for the welcome.  We built a log vacation home 5 miles east of Dollywood...actually Dolly's Uncle lives at the base of the mountain from us.  We'll be down between Christmas and New Years....hiking stick in one hand, camera the other.  Hope for a bit of snow to hike around Roaring Fork to capture a few waterfalls with snow.

Ohhh, Wayne, ...we have a neighbor near our TN home that lives under a blue tarp most of the year... I dont think he is a hiker though  :D
 Post Number: 6
OverUnder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 4:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am celebrating Black Friday with a 12 mile loop hike in Mt Evans Wilderness.  Black Friday starts my 2 month avoidance of any and all stores except when the desperate need for essentials forces me to the grocery store.
Welcome to the forum and I hope you find some great deals.
 Post Number: 7
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 6:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm going to buy cozies at the Dollar Store for my friends, but they don't seem to be having a Black Friday sale on anything.
 Post Number: 8
Pathfinder1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 7:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi...

I don't go near Black Friday.

All of my shopping, with the exception of most groceries, and including clothing, is done via catalog. No lines, fast service, no hassles. And, frequently NO TAX...!!

Welcome aboard, timberland...you're looking fine today. Hope you can hang around and chat with us for a while.
 Post Number: 9
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 7:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Howdy
 Post Number: 10
pastywhite Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012, 9:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome aboard. I'm about 5 miles south of there. Be sure to visit the southern forums, quite a few folks from around here.

For sales, I don't think Golite sales anywhere but their own website now (at least I think that's the deal). Most of the packs are at a great price right now, no need to wait.

For water treatment, if you are only looking for areas in or close to the Smokies look at the SteriPen. There's always clear water to drink, just need to the kill the Giardia. You can probably find it on sale somewhere right now.
 Post Number: 11
bhuebner Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012, 9:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome Timberland! Skip the stores and spend the time on the trails!

I am biased because it is my site but I have been doing a blog (TrailPotato) as an experiment and have recently been playing around with some affiliate marketing on it. There is a store that consolidates deals from over 30 retailers like rei and Backcountry in one spot. The best part is the Tangled Up In Gear store has a search tool that will find the best price from over 30 retailers. Take a look and see if it helps.

A recent post explains more and offers other ideas for saving on gear.

Happy trails!

--------------
Brian
TrailPotato
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 12
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 months

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012, 10:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(bhuebner @ Nov. 22 2012, 7:09 pm)
I am biased because it is my site but I have been doing a blog (TrailPotato) as an experiment and have recently been playing around with some affiliate marketing on it.

So you are posting here to try to boost your traffic for affiliate marketing?  I wonder how bp2go views that?

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 13
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012, 10:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Deborah @ Nov. 22 2012, 10:31 pm)

I am biased because it is my site but I have been doing a blog (TrailPotato) as an experiment and have recently been playing around with some affiliate marketing on it.

So you are posting here to try to boost your traffic for affiliate marketing?  I wonder how bp2go views that?

yup

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 14
SnidelyWhiplash Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012, 10:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome to the forums.  I didn't see any deals on GoLite or water filters, but I did see 50% off REI brand outerwear.
 Post Number: 15
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 months

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012, 11:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Nov. 22 2012, 8:34 pm)

(Deborah @ Nov. 22 2012, 10:31 pm)

yup

I'm not sure that he could be any more transparent.

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
14 replies since Nov. 20 2012, 9:11 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Black Friday Hiking accessories ?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions