2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: End of the World Plans< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 10:24 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

With December 21st rapidly approaching have you been making plans on how to face the end of the world?

I'm thinking a glass of good whiskey and a cigar.

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 10:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll probably hang a few more Christmas lights...

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 10:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If any of you need a little extra cash to spend on hookers and blow, I'd be happy to purchase your homes, cars, etc.  Transfer to take place on Dec 22.

Of course, since I'll never to get to use them, the price will need to be significantly reduced.
 Post Number: 4
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 10:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Tigger @ Nov. 27 2012, 7:24 am)
I'll probably hang a few more Christmas lights...

:laugh:

It's a Friday.  I'll go to work, come home and make pizza.  And engage in frantic house cleaning as, if the world ends I want things to look nice, and if it doesn't, nearly all my in-laws (husband's sibs, parents, even a nephew) are showing up here for Xmas.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 5
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 11:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm pretty sure that I'll be scheduled to work on the 22nd, so they are just going to have to put this end of the world thing on hold.  :;):
 Post Number: 6
hoosierdaddy Search for posts by this member.
Trophy spouse

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 11:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Internet told me that it's gonna be a big asteroid, so my plan is based on attracting it, so as to get it all over with quick.

I'm gonna get really drunk and at the secret time of impending doom, I'll paint a red bullseye on my a$$ and aim my nekkid butt at the approaching asteroid.

(Note to self:  Buy latex paint that is easy to wash off, in case the Internet is wrong)

--------------
God, I am going to regret this someday!
 Post Number: 7
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 11:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Guess this means I should probably put off my Christmas shopping for a while.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 8
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 11:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Guess I should get an end of the world list together, making very slow progress on the Bucket List anyway.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 9
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 11:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hoosierdaddy @ Nov. 27 2012, 8:35 am)
I'm gonna get really drunk and at the secret time of impending doom, I'll paint a red bullseye on my a$$ and aim my nekkid butt at the approaching asteroid.

Would that qualify as an assteroid?

That aside, I'm disappointed that the end of the world wasn't scheduled on a weekend - poor planning IMO.
 Post Number: 10
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 11:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thought about taking whatever's left of this case of Weyerbacher (pumpkin, monk and idiot) and heading toward Houston to hang out and watch it go. :;):

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 12:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Nov. 27 2012, 11:50 am)
and heading toward Houston to hang out

I've got a new bottle of single malt if you care to join me.

--------------
 Post Number: 12
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 12:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hookers and blow.  Like every traditional Yule/Solstice.
 Post Number: 13
tomas Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 12:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm going to go with Chuck's idea of a glass of good whiskey and a cigar. The hookers and blow from the last end-of-the-world event left me with a hangover that made me wish the world really had ended.

--------------
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
 Post Number: 14
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 12:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Internet told me that it's gonna be a big asteroid, so my plan is based on attracting it, so as to get it all over with quick.

(Note to self:  Buy latex paint that is easy to wash off, in case the Internet is wrong)

NEGATORE!  End of world will likely be chaotic.  We will need ALL law enforcement personnel working overtime -- all day and through the night.   So plan accordingly.    :p

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 15
Woodswoman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 1:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll make sure I have on clean underwear  :p  :D

--------------
All this time I was finding myself, and I didn't know I was lost. ~Avicii
 Post Number: 16
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 1:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Nov. 27 2012, 11:45 am)

Bring those to Chuck's place in Houston.  It's a Friday, so we may need you to bring more Weyerbacher...pumpkin still on the shelves?

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
 Post Number: 17
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 1:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Baking cookies.
 Post Number: 18
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 1:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Nov. 27 2012, 1:12 pm)

(spindle @ Nov. 27 2012, 11:45 am)

Bring those to Chuck's place in Houston.  It's a Friday, so we may need you to bring more Weyerbacher...pumpkin still on the shelves?

No, but their Winter Ale is out and QUAD should be on the shelves.

QUAD would be perfect for an elegant Apocalypse.

And I just decided "elegant apocalypse" is an awesome band name.
 Post Number: 19
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 1:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

First, I will NOT panic.

Second, I will NOT run around in my backyard, randomly firing rounds from my rifles at the approaching asteroid.

No, I will stand still, and take good aim.  No sense in wasting ammo.

I also think some steamed shrimp will be in order.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 20
RumiDude Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 1:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

“Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come,we are not.”

“The art of living well and the art of dying well are one.”

“The fool’s life is empty of gratitude and full of fears; its course lies wholly toward the future.”

~~  Epicurus

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 21
mocamper1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 1:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Wanna go out with a bang?" One of the best lines from the movie Spies Like Us.

--------------
"It's time to be immortal 'cause heroes never die!"
 Post Number: 22
hoosierdaddy Search for posts by this member.
Trophy spouse

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 2:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Nov. 27 2012, 9:48 am)

NEGATORE!  End of world will likely be chaotic.  We will need ALL law enforcement personnel working overtime -- all day and through the night.   So plan accordingly.    :p

Who says I won't be working that day and doing all that anyway?  :p

--------------
God, I am going to regret this someday!
 Post Number: 23
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 2:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hoosierdaddy @ Nov. 27 2012, 11:32 am)

Touché.  Our tax dollars at work.    :laugh:

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 2:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hoosierdaddy @ Nov. 27 2012, 2:32 pm)

Sounds like a typical Friday night for our local PD.

--------------
 Post Number: 25
cowgiano Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 3:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, seeing as how it is the end of the world and all, I was hoping to get a pity f**k. But I'm not counting on it.
 Post Number: 26
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 3:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Any particular time?  I'm usually asleep by 9:30pm (east coast).

Not sure if I should stay up for it or if it's something best slept through.

With all the alcohol and guns y'all are planning, I might try to sleep through it.
 Post Number: 27
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 3:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Nov. 27 2012, 10:23 am)
And I just decided "elegant apocalypse" is an awesome band name.

Since I don't have a band, I just decided I have to work that into my next story.  Or maybe write a bit of SF by that title.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 28
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 3:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cowgiano @ Nov. 27 2012, 3:05 pm)
Well, seeing as how it is the end of the world and all, I was hoping to get a pity f**k. But I'm not counting on it.

Followed up by this gem from reubenstump

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 29
yosemite girl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 5:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Nov. 27 2012, 9:45 am)

Good call.

--------------
...there's just something about him.

Something around the eyes...I don't know...reminds me of...me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
 Post Number: 30
cowgiano Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2012, 5:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Nov. 27 2012, 3:47 pm)

(cowgiano @ Nov. 27 2012, 3:05 pm)

Followed up by this gem from reubenstump

Well, at least I won't experience armageddon alone, even if you sleep through it.
99 replies since Nov. 27 2012, 10:24 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply End of the World Plans
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions