2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: A Question for Ye Media Player Geeks< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 7:14 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My current PC audio/visual player is MediaMonkey.  Aside from the usual playing and organizing audio and video files, it allows me to attach artwork and input lyrics (both manual input and website download).

While fairly happy with it, I am looking for something that can do all the above -- plus:

o  set and save play volume by song
  o  set and save equalizer settings by song

I know iTunes can do all the above, but I would prefer something else.  If you know of specific add-on's to Mediamonkey for the above, that would be fantastic, but I've looked and didn't find any.  So, other suggestions?

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. -- St. Augustine
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 7:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You just want everything, don't you?  :D

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2012, 8:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey, one can always hope, no?  :D

You got a suggestion?

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 4
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2012, 9:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know iTunes has the volume adjustment per song or album, but I've never noticed a difference when i adjust it.

For example, I have a live album that has an interview between each song.  The songs are rather loud, but the interviews are so quiet, I can barely hear them when the volume is at a reasonable level for the songs.  I've tried iTunes adjustment for just the interviews, but it never seems to work.

That being said...I still use iTunes...mostly because of my iPod & the easy podcast organization.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2012, 8:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, some things that I don't like about iTunes...

Anyone with suggestions?

--------------
 Post Number: 6
Ricksterz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 01 2012, 8:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Track volume auto-leveling is available in MediaMonkey Gold. Not sure if that would do what you want, since it converts all tracks to play back at a volume you set.

--------------
Ricksterz
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 01 2012, 2:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rick:

For the longest time, I was resigned to constantly adjusting sound volume -- but finally bit the bullet and used MonkeyMedia's "level track volume" -- which made permanent changes to all my music files (uploading all of them to the cloud for backing up took quite a while).  But now, I am happy enough with the nearly-leveled volumes.  My fear that changing the files themselves might degrade the music permanently was unfounded.

So, now, the only thing I am really missing is the ability to customize the music equalizer to particular songs.  The reason is that I have a few songs badly copied from cassettes -- and using the music equalizer can help reduce the hissing noise.

Since it's only about a dozen songs -- maybe what I need is a separate app to do a one-time song quality improvement?

--------------
6 replies since Nov. 29 2012, 7:14 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply A Question for Ye Media Player Geeks
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions