2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Lizbaby update< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 Months

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2012, 11:18 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She posted this on Facebook this morning.

--------------------------------------------

Thanks for the story on life since my accident... and letting me say thanks to so many great people!

Article about her accident in her local paper.

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2012, 11:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It seems she is loved as much in her reality community as she is in her cyber community.  :)

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
oldnolder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2012, 12:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Does anyone have an address.
 Post Number: 4
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2012, 12:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(oldnolder @ Dec. 02 2012, 12:31 pm)

I have an address.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2012, 12:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(oldnolder @ Dec. 02 2012, 10:31 am)

I'll send you a PM on FB.

--------------

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 6
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2012, 8:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She looks great and has such a good attitude!

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 7
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2012, 10:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You go, girl!

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 8
leafwalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2012, 1:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice to read liz is bett.er (my hunt and peck is not). I seldom commented of her (your) posts, but read and enjoyed them.. Hope is for your being better.

Take care and listen to winter's silence.

--------------
One step at a time is good walking
- Chinese proverb

Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds, for the opportunity to rain on a tent. - D Barry

Peace and love.

The wind blew my list of things to do away.
 Post Number: 9
mtngrl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 03 2012, 1:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lizbaby is truely an inspiration!

--------------
”Every tree was dripping and the creeks had swollen. It occurred to me that I had achieved a rare thing: I was living at the center of my heart’s geography. And I knew it.”- Bryce Andrews, Badluck Way
 Post Number: 10
IAJeff Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 10:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No FB but good to hear that she is getting better. One strong lady. Very inspirational.
 Post Number: 11
RedDoug Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 10:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Deborah @ Dec. 02 2012, 11:18 am)
She posted this on Facebook this morning.

--------------------------------------------

Thanks for the story on life since my accident... and letting me say thanks to so many great people!

Article about her accident in her local paper.

OH!  the things one can miss then they are away from these forms for awhile.

Good to see Lizbaby is still with us.

--------------
No Shame- Proud to be an American
 Post Number: 12
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 10:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She must be getting much better.   Her FB post this morning:

I'm NOT a morning person... and I haven't gotten back to sleep since first hearing the vacuum in the hall at 3:53 a.m. It just seems they could vacuum at some other time... but this is the norm. And how nice to enjoy it on a Sunday... grrr. If this were Twitter I'd do a hashtag of #crabbylisa!!!!

Not good that they vacuum at so early, but good that Lisa is gritching about it because that means any pain meds, she might be taking, are mild enough to allow the vacuum to disturb her sleep.

Oh and she got new glasses a week or two ago.  I'll ask her for permission to post her new profile photo here.  I don't know what device she is using to access FB, but clearly FB is much easier for her to get to than Backpacker otherwise she would be over here too.

--------------

Post Number: 13
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 11:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Been watching her FB . . . the fact that she's whining more and more is good :)

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 14
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 12:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Dec. 30 2012, 9:34 am)
Been watching her FB . . . the fact that she's whining more and more is good :)

I agree!  The whining has made me smile.

--------------

Post Number: 15
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 1:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What has been making me smile is how active and diverse the posts and links she has been putting up are, Fort Laramie history, wild photograph's, Christmas greetings, evidence of a mind at work staying interested and connected.

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 16
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 3:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She posted this new profile photo on FB about a week ago.   These are her new glasses and the first ones she has been able to wear since the accident.

Lizbaby - new glasses

--------------

Post Number: 17
oldnolder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 5:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She looks so much better. Hoo Ray.
Glad she is doing so well.
 Post Number: 18
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 7:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I talk to her nearly every day. She doesn't like to hang on the phone. It has been difficult for her to type or to read for long, so she has been a little disconnected. Liza relies on FB to stay informed of and in contact with her many friends. It has helped her to arrange transportation and other things that all of us rugged individualists take for granted. She's pretty tough,  never having relied much on pain medication, and rarely asking for help. I've seen some cracks in her brave exterior, and it has only made me admire her more. Some people become overwhelmed, but Liza has only been whelmed, thanks in part to so much support and so many thoughtful words from people, many from this forum.

I am late to depart on a road trip to the frozen north, partially due to the frozen north moving south into central Indiana. Plans are coming together to get Liza back on the trail by employing a sled and dog team. I want to practice my igloo building skills, but I think that she has a cabin in mind. It's all good. Maybe there is a possibility of a "meet up" for those of you that live in the region.

There was a shooting recently in her little town, and she dearly wanted to go out and cover the story. Clearly she wants to get back to work, but what she loves about her work is interacting with the people of her community to find out what is going on. That curiosity and reporting extends back through the Indian Wars, and pre-Columbian rock art, to dinosaur fossils. She is a wonderful person, that has enriched my life, in no small part by introducing me to friends that are also fine and fascinating people.

Every day is precious. There is no telling what tomorrow will bring. You may start a day doing a mundane job and finish it fighting for your life. In the end, your character and the friends that you have made are the measure of your net worth. In that regard that poor girl is one of the richest people that I know.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 19
lizsbaby Search for posts by this member.
Hangin' in the Driftless    (google it!! ;-P)

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 30 2012, 11:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks, Mark.... eh, you're biased! lol! Getting pretty deep in here!!  LOL

OK, an update. I can use a walker, although I use a wheelchair, too. I'm moving toward a quad cane... I've walked the hallway with a regular cane and my physical therapist hanging onto a gait belt that's around my waist. (if I fell, she'd prolly fall, too!! lol)

My left leg is still spazzy... shaking at times when walking or moving it. Recently my left arm has gotten more that way, too. ugh!!!  Not helpful!

Anyway, I'm working and I guess there's slow progress. Thanks for thoughts. OH and Woodsie Woodswomen thanks for the cool bandanna - love it!!  Thanks others for cards, too.

Now I want you all to print out that huge photo of me and put it outside to scare away scavenging crows from your garbage cans. (there... finally something useful from this thread! ;)

--------------
"Our rocky blufftops are jewels on the crown of nature encircling us, and the Mississippi River is the artery and lifeblood of our existence here." Tim Jacobson, Mississippi Valley Conservancy
 Post Number: 20
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(lizsbaby @ Dec. 30 2012, 11:44 pm)

OK, an update. I can use a walker, although I use a wheelchair, too. I'm moving toward a quad cane... I've walked the hallway with a regular cane and my physical therapist hanging onto a gait belt that's around my waist. (if I fell, she'd prolly fall, too!! lol)

My left leg is still spazzy... shaking at times when walking or moving it. Recently my left arm has gotten more that way, too. ugh!!!  Not helpful!

Anyway, I'm working and I guess there's slow progress. Thanks for thoughts. OH and Woodsie Woodswomen thanks for the cool bandanna - love it!!  Thanks others for cards, too.

Now I want you all to print out that huge photo of me and put it outside to scare away scavenging crows from your garbage cans. (there... finally something useful from this thread! ;)

You look gorgeous. Thanks for the update. Keep on keeping on.

--------------
 Post Number: 21
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good to see you drop by here, liz.  It is always good news to hear your spirits are on the rise.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 22
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Go lizsbaby!
 Post Number: 23
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(big_load @ Dec. 30 2012, 10:19 pm)
Go lizsbaby!

Agreed!

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. – Socrates
 Post Number: 24
JD_TREX Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Such a great smile! I'm hoping for more smiles - less vacuum....

--------------
HYOH  EYOF
 Post Number: 25
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Dec. 30 2012, 9:03 pm)

(lizsbaby @ Dec. 30 2012, 11:44 pm)

You look gorgeous. Thanks for the update. Keep on keeping on.

What he says.  So glad to hear that you are able to wear glasses again and see the world!  Keep working, and we'll keep cheering you on.  I'm too far to come help with the dogsled expedition, not to mention too wimpy for the cold, but I'll cheer for you!

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 26
yosemite girl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 02 2013, 12:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Glad to see you are well on the road to recovery!

Soon you'll be able to sneak out into the hall and unplug those vacuums...

--------------
...there's just something about him.

Something around the eyes...I don't know...reminds me of...me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
 Post Number: 27
thegriz1 Search for posts by this member.
Will hike for beer

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 6:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So happy you be getting better, best wishes your way

--------------
Life is too short to drink cheap beer
 Post Number: 28
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2013, 9:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Glad to see you making roads to recovery :)

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 29
wycanislatrans Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 7:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Awesome, and +2 on the complaining, it's good to hear...
28 replies since Dec. 02 2012, 11:18 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Lizbaby update
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions