2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Sarah's Espresso Hut, Come on In.....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
sarbar Search for posts by this member.
Hiker Trash

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 1:55 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You long timers probably remember I was a barista when I first started posting here....when I met my now husband I was at that job (I was a barista for about 9 years), but hung up that part of my life in 2003.

Kirk always "joked" about getting me a (high-end) machine so I could make him lattes  :p (Cause until he met me, he hadn't been a latte drinker.....then I wrecked him quickly.)

In 2003 though machines that I would have wanted (snob alert) were very expensive.

Last week was our 10th anniversary of deciding we "liked liked" each other  :cool: I got an early present - an espresso machine that was worthy of my time (he scored an online deal of 50% off new!).

Within a couple test drinks I had it back. You don't forget how to do it. Just sayin'.....if you are in the area, come on by for a latte  :laugh:

Candy Cane Peppermint Mocha:

Made with handmade Candy Cane Peppermint syrup (natural dyes):

Granola Bar Latte:

Made with my handmade coconut Syrup and Almond Syrup:

Or my Gingerbread Latte:

And yes, the syrup is also housemade  :;): None of that commercially made junk full of preservatives at Sarah's Espresso Hut!

And yeah, he likes it. "Hey, Barista! I wanna double shot gingerbread mocha." "And I got a tip for ya! Work faster!"

:laugh:

PS: If anyone is interested, I posted the recipes up on my personal blog (Gazing In)

--------------
Trail Cooking, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
Trail Cooking & Freezer Bag Cooking
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 2:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Got anything with some Baileys in it?  :D
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 2:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Dec. 04 2012, 11:11 am)
Got anything with some Baileys in it?  :D

Up next  :cool: For Ldyblde don'tyaknow!! She was a barista too :D

--------------
 Post Number: 4
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 3:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

making me thirsty...
 Post Number: 5
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 4:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Does it make coffee?  :D

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 6
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 4:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well *I thought* we were special because we just got a Keurig, but I guess pushing one button just makes me a lazy coffee drinker :)

Looks yummy and comforting!

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 7
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 4:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Dec. 04 2012, 1:05 pm)
Does it make coffee?  :D

Pedestrian coffee? Ack!  :laugh:

It does though make some of the smoothest espresso you might sip.....

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 5:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Have you tried kopi luwak?   I finally got to try it in Bali.  Very nice indeed, but nothing that I would drink (and pay for) regularly.  :;):

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 9
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 6:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Triple Espresso, please.  Keep that fru-fru stuff.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 10
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 7:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Dec. 04 2012, 3:42 pm)

Yes Sir! Coming right up!

--------------
 Post Number: 11
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 7:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 04 2012, 2:11 pm)
Have you tried kopi luwak?   I finally got to try it in Bali.  Very nice indeed, but nothing that I would drink (and pay for) regularly.  :;):

No way is that vegan  :laugh:

--------------
 Post Number: 12
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 04 2012, 8:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(sarbar @ Dec. 04 2012, 7:43 pm)

(TDale @ Dec. 04 2012, 3:42 pm)

Yes Sir! Coming right up!

After my last divorce, still living in Athens, GA, I frequented a basement bar of questionable character and anonymous clientele.  Good place to never see the ex.

It was right under one of the first true coffeehouses of downtown Athens.  Their brew and barristas we local legends.

My favorite after-work libation was a glass of water, a neat scotch, and a triple es.  One night, the manager brought my triple down and sat down at the bar with me.  I asked, "What's up, Sam?"

He answered, "I just came to see you explode or vaporize or whatever you're gonna do.  That's your third triple."

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 6:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 04 2012, 5:11 pm)

Sir, I've tried every kind of coffee that has ever crossed my path.  While I'm familiar with kopi luwak, nobody has ever provided me any, my prefered roaster doesn't deal with it and I am NOT going to go out of my way looking for it.  Now, if you'd like to discuss the glory of rich cups of African single origin coffees that are served black and the oils swirl on the top, I'd be happy to start a new thread for my pedestrian passion.  :;):

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Post Number: 14
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 10:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Triple non-fat latte, please.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 15
orygawn Search for posts by this member.
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 11:16 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll try that gingerbread one.  

But I ain't leavin' no tip!    :p
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 11:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok, I'm back.  I still don't need a mochafrappafroofroo, but I'm wondering if you have any tea.  A nice rooibis or some oolong perhaps?

--------------

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Post Number: 17
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 12:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(orygawn @ Dec. 05 2012, 8:16 am)
I'll try that gingerbread one.  

But I ain't leavin' no tip!    :p

I'll build the tip in  :laugh: LOL!!!!!

--------------
 Post Number: 18
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 12:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Dec. 05 2012, 8:44 am)
Ok, I'm back.  I still don't need a mochafrappafroofroo, but I'm wondering if you have any tea.  A nice rooibis or some oolong perhaps?

Can do. I have at least 10 quality teas, both real and herbal. A bit of local raw honey in yours? :)

--------------
 Post Number: 19
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 12:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RebeccaD @ Dec. 05 2012, 7:42 am)
Triple non-fat latte, please.

Coming right up :) Did I mention I use only the best beans? Ground as I steam the milk?  :cool:

--------------
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 12:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(sarbar @ Dec. 05 2012, 12:28 pm)

Can do. I have at least 10 quality teas, both real and herbal. A bit of local raw honey in yours? :)

Excellent!  Yes please, and a bowl of oatmeal.

--------------

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Post Number: 21
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 12:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Dec. 05 2012, 9:30 am)

(sarbar @ Dec. 05 2012, 12:28 pm)

Excellent!  Yes please, and a bowl of oatmeal.

This morning's oatmeal was coconut milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and dried sugared apples I liberated off my neighbors tree last summer.
Delicious!

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 12:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Dec. 05 2012, 3:10 am)

(Ben2World @ Dec. 04 2012, 5:11 pm)

Sir, I've tried every kind of coffee that has ever crossed my path.  While I'm familiar with kopi luwak, nobody has ever provided me any, my prefered roaster doesn't deal with it and I am NOT going to go out of my way looking for it.  Now, if you'd like to discuss the glory of rich cups of African single origin coffees that are served black and the oils swirl on the top, I'd be happy to start a new thread for my pedestrian passion.  :;):

I hope you get to try it someday.  It's really quite good.   :;):

I also hope to visit sub-Sahara Africa one day.  No definite plans, but maybe 2015 or something like that... hopefully.  If I encounter the coffee you mentioned, I'll give it a try too.

Yes, please feel free to share with us your 'pedestrian passion'.  :D

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 12:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(sarbar @ Dec. 04 2012, 4:44 pm)

So you are a vegan??

The civets merely serve as conduit.  And no part of the animal is roasted along with the beans.  :D

--------------
 Post Number: 24
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 12:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Peppermint mocha would be a good dessert with my lunch.  None of that non-fat business, though.  I want the full experience. :;):

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
 Post Number: 25
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 3:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 05 2012, 9:49 am)

(sarbar @ Dec. 04 2012, 4:44 pm)

So you are a vegan??

The civets merely serve as conduit.  And no part of the animal is roasted along with the beans.  :D

A poop vegan. LOL! :laugh:  :laugh:  :O

--------------
 Post Number: 26
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 05 2012, 3:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Dec. 05 2012, 9:59 am)
Peppermint mocha would be a good dessert with my lunch.  None of that non-fat business, though.  I want the full experience. :;):

I had a customer years ago who drank Breves made with heavy cream. Usually a 20 ounce Venti size. Yep, it had a 16 ounce container of heavy cream (what you make whipping cream with) in it. Eek.

--------------
 Post Number: 27
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2012, 10:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We note the use of the past tense for that customer, Sar! :p

The week is wearing on.  It may take a triple now and another at 10:00 today.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 28
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2012, 12:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, it was pretty gross - his drinking an entire container of whipping cream.

I on the other hand am having a peppermint mocha right now ;-) Yum!

--------------
 Post Number: 29
peeb Search for posts by this member.
Let's see who's been naughty, and who's been naughty!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2012, 2:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you can make a chai tea latte, I'm all in.  :)  Coffee makes my tummy feel crummy.

--------------
It's all so simple when you break it down scientifically - Nick Bakay
 Post Number: 30
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2012, 3:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(peeb @ Dec. 06 2012, 11:03 am)
If you can make a chai tea latte, I'm all in.  :)  Coffee makes my tummy feel crummy.

Yes I can!  :cool: Coconut, almond or moo milk?

--------------
53 replies since Dec. 04 2012, 1:55 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Sarah's Espresso Hut
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions