2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Anyone collect heads?, Show us your shruncken head collection< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
TDale Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2012, 6:24 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Headhunters,unite!

Let's see theshrunken heads!

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2012, 6:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry.  I thought this was about something else.  I have been the recipient several times, but I did not consider it "collecting" per se.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 3
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2012, 6:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Dec. 09 2012, 4:24 pm)
Headhunters,unite!

Here's a head I hunted this year... solo backpack hunt, many miles in. They definitely start shrinking as soon as they're dead. This one was an old fella with teeth down to the gums so he likely ended with a far more humane death than the average.

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. – Socrates
 Post Number: 4
Altarboy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2012, 6:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I saw a shrunken head in a museum in Nashville years ago. I was a kid and it left me with a morbid feeling.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2012, 6:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BradMT @ Dec. 09 2012, 6:32 pm)

Headhunters,unite!

Here's a head I hunted this year... solo backpack hunt, many miles in. They definitely start shrinking as soon as they're dead. This one was an old fella with teeth down to the gums so he likely ended with a far more humane death than the average.

Nice rack, dude!

Don't think i ever said that before.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 6
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2012, 8:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Dec. 09 2012, 6:36 pm)

(BradMT @ Dec. 09 2012, 6:32 pm)

Headhunters,unite!

Nice rack, dude!

Don't think i ever said that before.

That's a whopper, man. Good hunt.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 7
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2012, 8:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Dec. 09 2012, 6:24 pm)
Headhunters,unite!

Dude, if you don't get on facespace I swear to Yoda I am going to create an account in your name and hit on all the guys and piss off all the women.
You have been warned.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2012, 11:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How'd you get that guy out of there if if was a solo backpack in? Must have been quite a feat.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2012, 11:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Dec. 09 2012, 9:25 pm)
How'd you get that guy out of there if if was a solo backpack in? Must have been quite a feat.

Multiple trips over several days. First pack out was over 100 lbs. Not fun, but worth it regardless:

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 09 2012, 11:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I did have a little help...

--------------
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 12:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Dec. 09 2012, 8:54 pm)

Headhunters,unite!

Dude, if you don't get on facespace I swear to Yoda I am going to create an account in your name and hit on all the guys and piss off all the women.
You have been warned.

Oh give up, cupcake.  I gave up facewhatever cause it was BORING. Do you really neec to know what i'm doing "right now"?  T

--------------
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 12:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

On my tzblet,sorry, typing suckx.

--------------
 Post Number: 13
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 12:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BradMT @ Dec. 09 2012, 11:40 pm)

(hikerjer @ Dec. 09 2012, 9:25 pm)

Multiple trips over several days. First pack out was over 100 lbs. Not fun, but worth it regardless:

I figured as much.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 14
MsDoolittle Search for posts by this member.
Don't mess with a girl and her shovel

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 11:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Governor on "The Walking Dead" does!  For realz!

Post Number: 15
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 11:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Anyone collect heads? Show us your shrunken head collection

I borrowed these from a friend. He needs them back though because they aren't quite ripe:

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 16
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 2:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My heads collection  :p

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 17
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 5:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Corporate tells me I'm not allowed to post employee pics.

Shame. Some of them are fairly entertaining.
 Post Number: 18
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 5:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Dec. 10 2012, 5:29 pm)

Coming from someone with an octopus on her head, that's pretty funny.  Might get a 2 for 1 shrinkage discount.  I wonder how well octopi heads shrink...
 Post Number: 19
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 6:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(reubenstump @ Dec. 10 2012, 5:53 pm)

Coming from someone with an octopus on her head, that's pretty funny.  Might get a 2 for 1 shrinkage discount.  I wonder how well octopi heads shrink...

You just violated like about a half dozen HR no-nos with all this commenting on my appearance.

And I'll give you the benefit of a doubt in believing that you just suggested I need psychotherapy...

I'll see you at The Hearing.

:p
 Post Number: 20
oldnolder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 6:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Dec. 10 2012, 6:00 pm)

You just violated like about a half dozen HR no-nos with all this commenting on my appearance.

And I'll give you the benefit of a doubt in believing that you just suggested I need psychotherapy...

I guess that's better than being 'newted'. :D
 Post Number: 21
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 6:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Dec. 10 2012, 6:00 pm)

I won't be attending.

I mean, it's just kinda hard to take advice from someone with an octopus on her head, ya know?  (paraphrased from a Greg Brown song)

I've been referred to as a "sidewinder" who "works well alone".  You can imagine how I get along with HR.  I once put a live female nursing possum in someone's office.  It was still in the trap, but you get the idea.
 Post Number: 22
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 6:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Dec. 10 2012, 12:40 am)

Headhunters,unite!

You have been warned.

Oh give up, cupcake.  I gave up facewhatever cause it was BORING. Do you really neec to know what i'm doing "right now"?  T

Yes. Yes I do. This is what the world has become. I need to know what you are doing every second of the day. Thanks. See ya there.

--------------
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 6:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Dec. 10 2012, 6:31 pm)

Headhunters,unite!

You have been warned.

Yes. Yes I do. This is what the world has become. I need to know what you are doing every second of the day. Thanks. See ya there.

Mommy, he's scaring  me!

--------------
 Post Number: 24
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 6:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:angry:

--------------
 Post Number: 25
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 7:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Dec. 10 2012, 6:33 pm)

Headhunters,unite!

You have been warned.

Mommy, he's scaring  me!

Say what?  Randy's just a big ol' lovable floppy eared hound dog, hangin' out on the porch.

But I'm right there with ya on the no facebook thing.
 Post Number: 26
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 7:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(reubenstump @ Dec. 10 2012, 7:14 pm)

Headhunters,unite!

You have been warned.

Mommy, he's scaring  me!

Say what?  Randy's just a big ol' lovable floppy eared hound dog, hangin' out on the porch.

Losers

--------------
 Post Number: 27
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 7:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Dec. 10 2012, 7:18 pm)

Headhunters,unite!

You have been warned.

Mommy, he's scaring  me!

Losers

Oh that Randy.  He's a vicious nasty ugly rabid castrated doberman on crack.
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 7:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(reubenstump @ Dec. 10 2012, 7:23 pm)

(eyebp @ Dec. 10 2012, 7:18 pm)

Headhunters,unite!

Dude, if you don't get on facespace I swear to Yoda: I am going to create an account in your name and hit on all the guys and piss off all the women.
You have been warned.

Mommy, he's scaring  me!

Losers

Oh that Randy.  He's a vicious nasty ugly rabid castrated doberman on crack.

Yep.  Scares my socks off.  :D

--------------
27 replies since Dec. 09 2012, 6:24 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Anyone collect heads?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions