2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Lamborghinis in Victoria, Australia< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Franco Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 3:31 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Several Lamborghini have been captured in Melbourne, Australia.
So far they are contained in glass covered enclosures but some fear they might brake out.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just kept them on the roads and off the trails.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 3
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How many bails of hay can they carry?

I dated a girl long ago who's father had one in his colossal garage. The thing had to be parked with a custom hoist to reduce wear on the suspension. Sitting still. I bet that hoist cost 20 grand on its own.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 4
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Franco @ Dec. 10 2012, 3:31 pm)

Several Lamborghini have been captured in Melbourne, Australia.
So far they are contained in glass covered enclosures but some fear they might brake out.

They look a bit crowded in that enclosure.  It's clearly not a reflection of their "real world habitats".  Should Melbourne determine that more space is needed, I am willing to provide use of my driveway!!

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 5
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

Not my cup of tea.  Too much of a resource waste.  Sorry.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 6
Franco Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"They look a bit crowded in that enclosure"

They are hibernating..
Not many people know that ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY85a15n5QY
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Resource waste?  There are typically less than 3,000 produced per year, and I'd be willing to bet the average owner of a Lambo puts less than 3,000 miles on it, per year.  So that is a pretty low use of resources if you ask me.  Combine that with the exorbitant price tag, and it puts it out of reach for most consumers, thereby reducing the carbon footprint of all Lambo's on the road on a yearly basis.  I'd argue flight and pickup trucks have a bigger annual impact on the environment and command the use of far more precious resources than all the Lambo's on the road today combined.

But after all Franco's post was in jest (a rare, wild animal not often seen on the roads, but look at them all contained in that enclosure).  :D

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 8
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh, to drive a Lamborghini on an outback highway...

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(EastieTrekker @ Dec. 10 2012, 1:16 pm)
Resource waste?  There are typically less than 3,000 produced per year, and I'd be willing to bet the average owner of a Lambo puts less than 3,000 miles on it, per year.  So that is a pretty low use of resources if you ask me.  Combine that with the exorbitant price tag, and it puts it out of reach for most consumers, thereby reducing the carbon footprint of all Lambo's on the road on a yearly basis.  I'd argue flight and pickup trucks have a bigger annual impact on the environment and command the use of far more precious resources than all the Lambo's on the road today combined.

But after all Franco's post was in jest (a rare, wild animal not often seen on the roads, but look at them all contained in that enclosure).  :D

I know, I know.  But this day and age about global warming and decreasing resources... it still sends a bad image (at least to me).  Same as F1 racing.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 10 2012, 4:25 pm)

I know, I know.  But this day and age about global warming and decreasing resources... it still sends a bad image (at least to me).  Same as F1 racing.

Says the man who flies all over the world.

--------------
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Dec. 10 2012, 1:27 pm)

(Ben2World @ Dec. 10 2012, 4:25 pm)

Says the man who flies all over the world.

True that.  Although we are talking one or at most two trips a year.  And as a retiree, my daily commute is zero.

--------------
 Post Number: 12
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh sure, just like the African Bees, some collector says they're harmless and won't get out. But then someone leaves the door open and, VROOM VROOM: very high speed ensues...
 Post Number: 13
sarbar Search for posts by this member.
Hiker Trash

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 4:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why does this make me think of Top Gear? :D

--------------
Trail Cooking, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
Trail Cooking & Freezer Bag Cooking
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 5:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Dec. 10 2012, 4:24 pm)
Oh, to drive a Lamborghini on an outback highway...

Just once is all I need.  Just once.

*and if I drive too fast, it may really be just once, because I may never be allowed to drive again!!

--------------
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 5:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You know I always did wonder what those heavy bumpers were for: Lambo catchers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_train

http://outbacktowing.tripod.com
 Post Number: 16
tomas Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 5:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(sarbar @ Dec. 10 2012, 4:49 pm)
Why does this make me think of Top Gear? :D

I'm thinking Fast & Furious.

Gotta agree with ET, just once it would be fun to floor the pedal on one of those beauties.

--------------
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
 Post Number: 17
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 5:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Captive breeding program?

If that's a shelter, I'd LOVE to sign up as a foster mum! I've room for two...
 Post Number: 18
fifeplayer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 8:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 10 2012, 4:04 pm)

Hey now, they're upwards of 20mpg...as long as you drive them poorly.

This better?

Post Number: 19
Cloudwalker Search for posts by this member.
?

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 9:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(High_Sierra_Fan @ Dec. 10 2012, 5:09 pm)
You know I always did wonder what those heavy bumpers were for: Lambo catchers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_train

http://outbacktowing.tripod.com

A little off topic, but I had no idea Tripod was still around. :p

--------------
My website

Find me on facebook and shoot me a friends request
 Post Number: 20
Cloudwalker Search for posts by this member.
?

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 9:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would probably get one but Yakima doesn't make a canoe rack for them.

--------------
My website

Find me on facebook and shoot me a friends request
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 11:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(fifeplayer @ Dec. 10 2012, 5:52 pm)

Hey now, they're upwards of 20mpg...as long as you drive them poorly.

This better?

Well, it looks sharp for sure!   :D

--------------
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 12:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Cloudwalker @ Dec. 10 2012, 6:53 pm)

You can just use the posts that bolt straight through the roof sheet metal.

Couple of pop rivet runs and you're golden.
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 8:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Cloudwalker @ Dec. 10 2012, 9:53 pm)

If they can install a ski rack, they can install a canoe rack.

--------------
 Post Number: 24
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 9:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Dec. 10 2012, 2:00 pm)
Just kept them on the roads and off the trails.

I always thought it was a pity when we got a daytime speed limit here in Montana... we really used to see a lot of interesting cars, including Lamborghinis, here!

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. – Socrates
 Post Number: 25
fifeplayer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 2:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 10 2012, 11:41 pm)

(fifeplayer @ Dec. 10 2012, 5:52 pm)

insert pretty, pretty picture

Well, it looks sharp for sure!   :D

Hey now! I really did think 50mpg, 0-60mph in under 5 seconds, and great breaking/cornering due to its really light weight (materials conservation) would be right up your alley...

Ah well, I tried. Back to petitioning for the right of Lambos to live cage-free.  :D
24 replies since Dec. 10 2012, 3:31 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Lamborghinis in Victoria
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions