2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Anyone Here Use ImageShack?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 7:05 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Does anyone here use ImageShack to store / share their photos?  If so, what's your experience with them?  Wonder how they compare with Flickr or Picasa or other free services?

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
bad knees Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 7:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Photobucket and Snapfish here.

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 7:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Howdy Bad Knees:

Looking at Snapfish, seems like they're mostly about printing your photos?  Can you store your photos there permanently, for free?  If so, are there any file size, quantity, or time limitations?  Their website -- like ImageShack's -- is not terribly helpful.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 7:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 10 2012, 7:20 pm)
Howdy Bad Knees:

Looking at Snapfish, seems like they're mostly about printing your photos?  Can you store your photos there permanently, for free?  If so, are there any file size, quantity, or time limitations?  Their website -- like ImageShack's -- is not terribly helpful.

Whoa, slow down there Ben.  On a good day, I am barely lucid.  I only use it to let my scouts parents view our recent pics.  it is new to me.  I will ask my wife.  Give me a bit.  And I can't do squat on there too.  Very tough to navigate.

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 8:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My wife says pretty much free and unlimited.  Forever.  Unlike marriage.

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 8:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Free is good.  Unlimited is good.  Not like marriage, er, I guess that's good too.  Thanks!  :D

--------------
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 8:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 10 2012, 8:16 pm)
Free is good.  Unlimited is good.  Not like marriage, er, I guess that's good too.  Thanks!  :D

It's all good.  But I prefer photobucket.  Not over my wife.  I mean.  A ,   I should stop here.

--------------
Nature bats last!

Post Number: 8
eggs Search for posts by this member.
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 8:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Have you tried Dropbox. It is Smart phone aware so if you happen to have one you can access all your files from a droid or iPhone. Easy to share a file or a folder/album

https://www.dropbox.com/pricing

2 GB free but you can get more space through referrals up to 18GB

I have never tried any of the free photo sharing sites. I own my own domain and web site and post there.  I backup to dropbox and a local 2TB hard disk.

If a service is free at some point something will change and you have to then move or somehow deal with the company's new business model

BTW Walgreens lets you load all you want to their site and share the albums you create. I use them to print but that is it. Nice thing is I can print to any store in the country. So I print photos for my Mom who is in FL and she just picks them up at her local Walgreens. I prepay and make it easy as can be. She has no computer

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 11:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for the info, Eggs.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 11:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I use imageshack and photobucket. I tend to put more photos on photobucket because I find it easier to upload and share photos and such.

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 10 2012, 11:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Does any of the above allow for easy "upload" from Picasa -- without need to go through my computer again?

--------------
 Post Number: 12
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 3:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 10 2012, 8:57 pm)
Does any of the above allow for easy "upload" from Picasa -- without need to go through my computer again?

Google +

That is the only one I know. Not sure about sharing from Google +. I haven't played with it in months. It kind of came and flopped...

Take that out of context...

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
 Post Number: 13
eggs Search for posts by this member.
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 7:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 10 2012, 11:57 pm)

Googled and found this

Did not read through it too much but might help

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 11 2012, 5:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks, eggs.

--------------
13 replies since Dec. 10 2012, 7:05 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Anyone Here Use ImageShack?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions