2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Show me your pets!, Our animal friends, past and present.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
SnidelyWhiplash Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012, 9:45 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Pets and working animals too.

Here's Alice watching the Purina Dog Show tonight.

ETA:  She's a 2 year old basenji/lab mix, she's a handful but we love her.  (She came from the rescue with the name.  It's not my first choice, but I didn't have the heart to change it.)
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 12 2012, 10:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Shadow.  Stinkpot.  Doofus.  Snookums.  Idjit.

She's either running around outside like a total nut job chasing falling leaves, protecting us from the psycho geese, treeing squirrels, killing dead possums, tracking dead odors, doing her best sled dog imitation or... sleeping.  Aka recovering.  Which takes a heckuva lotta time.

Don't bother me, I'm tired.  Go away.  Just put it in my bowl - I'll get to it later.  No, I don't need to pee.  Sheesh.

Post Number: 3
yosemite girl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 8:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Max, my first show horse about 2 years ago:

I'll have to put the pictures of my new baby, Polly, up. She's a 5 year old (almost 6) Canadian Warmblood :)

--------------
...there's just something about him.

Something around the eyes...I don't know...reminds me of...me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
 Post Number: 4
yosemite girl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 8:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here she is -
Really bad jumping pic -

So cute -

--------------
...there's just something about him.

Something around the eyes...I don't know...reminds me of...me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
 Post Number: 5
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 8:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Magnolia - named so because we got her from the NOLA pound in 1976.  She outlived the hamster and got to go just about every place we went.

Post Number: 6
Firedancer Search for posts by this member.
Colorado Dreamin'

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 9:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is Duke, my first dog, a miniature pinscher I adopted at the age of 5-ish, put to sleep this March, after 10 years with me.  For a toy dog, he was a pretty good hiker and camper.

This is Bailey, an 18 month old Airedale Terrier I adopted this October.

Can you imagine looking at this face every day for 16 months and then getting rid of her?  

--------------
The future is no place to place your better days.
Dave Matthews
 Post Number: 7
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 9:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Indie is the tortie, Sadie is the calico, Sammy is the orange tabby, and Hailey is the black cat :)

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 8
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 9:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Firedancer @ Dec. 13 2012, 9:33 pm)
This is Bailey, an 18 month old Airedale Terrier I adopted this October.

Can you imagine looking at this face every day for 16 months and then getting rid of her?  

Pup looks more like a Banjo. Bailey just doesn't fit. But Whatever.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 9
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 9:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Dec. 13 2012, 8:50 pm)

Dude, before you were an angry old man you were cut. Cool pic.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 9:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm thinking about adopting this one.  Looks tough on the outside, but could be a softie on the inside.  Whaddya think?

Post Number: 11
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 9:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(reubenstump @ Dec. 13 2012, 9:46 pm)
I'm thinking about adopting this one.  Looks tough on the outside, but could be a softie on the inside.  Whaddya think?

I had one of those. It is pissed off and stays horny. Not to mention it urinates on everything. I would reconsider.

--------------
 Post Number: 12
Firedancer Search for posts by this member.
Colorado Dreamin'

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 9:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Dec. 13 2012, 9:41 pm)

You're right, sometimes I forget.  This is Banjo Bailey.

--------------
The future is no place to place your better days.
Dave Matthews
 Post Number: 13
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 9:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Firedancer @ Dec. 13 2012, 9:52 pm)

(eyebp @ Dec. 13 2012, 9:41 pm)

You're right, sometimes I forget.  This is Banjo Bailey.

I knew you would come around.

--------------
 Post Number: 14
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 9:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cat

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 15
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 13 2012, 9:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is Hail. The coolest backpacking dog ever. Had her on the trail for 16 years. Old ass bitch. She died last year. Coolest dog ever.

--------------
 Post Number: 16
ndwoods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 1:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Awwwww...love them all!:)

Here's my riding partner, Shasta.

Here's my backpacking pal, Sadie, ...she's older now but still going strong.

Here's my Sadie and Bun

Here's my Tasha kitty when she was younger...

And here's my other horse, rescued and raised from a baby...

I'm an animal lover, past animals too numerous to post about...:)

--------------
http://ndeewoods.com/
 Post Number: 17
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 6:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My Beauty and her Beast.  Raven has been with me since black Friday, 2003.  She was a young adult when we got her, so she's probably pushing 11-12 years old.  This Rott/Lab mix doesn't like men very much and after almost a decade together, she still barely tolerates me.  That said, she'd die before harm comes to my wife or daughter, so I still love the disagreeable old lug.  My ex-wife was her favorite person on Earth.  When she was leaving, she refused to take Raven, telling me, "She can go back to the shelter, can't she?"  I knew then that she was heartless and or crazy.  Any way, Raven made it through that heartbreak, made it through 3 years of me working too many hours as a single dad and this summer made it through a move and has settled on my new wife as an acceptible "Mom" in her world.  My wife thinks she's the cutest "bear" ever and has taken more pictures in the last 5 months than I did in the prior 9 years.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 7:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This evil SOB is my wife's cat, Mike.  Mike is a 22lb menace to society that is being held in this position only because my brother-in-law is about 260lbs and utterly unconcerned by the low rumbling growl that Mike was emitting at this moment.  The cat is belligerent, obese and prone to random violence.  On three occasions he had smacked Raven on the nose.  On the last occasion she lunged at him and finally sent the message that a 90lb dog won't tolerate being hit by a 22lb cat.  That has made the house a bit more peaceful.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Post Number: 19
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 8:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is Mr. Kittles

Avett

Annabelle

Tiny (who is no longer Tiny)

Post Number: 20
Crockett Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 9:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is Corky, my 65 pound border terrier ready to hit the trail last Sepember.  She'll be 2 in March.  The avitar pic is her adoption photo from the shelter at 4 months

Attached Image
Attached Image
 Post Number: 21
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 9:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Dec. 14 2012, 7:52 am)
This evil SOB is my wife's cat, Mike.  Mike is a 22lb menace to society that is being held in this position only because my brother-in-law is about 260lbs and utterly unconcerned by the low rumbling growl that Mike was emitting at this moment.  The cat is belligerent, obese and prone to random violence.  On three occasions he had smacked Raven on the nose.  On the last occasion she lunged at him and finally sent the message that a 90lb dog won't tolerate being hit by a 22lb cat.  That has made the house a bit more peaceful.

I enjoyed this.
I also like belligerent fat cats.

My black cat is belligerent.  If you don't feed him on command in the mornings, he will bite your ankle.
 Post Number: 22
OldGuyWalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 11:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Behold! The world's most useless dog

Attached Image
Attached Image
 Post Number: 23
eggs Search for posts by this member.
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 11:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here is Phillip doing what he does best. He's a Italian Greyhound

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
 Post Number: 24
vinovampire Search for posts by this member.
Winter is Coming

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 11:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There are so many really wonderful pictures being shared in this thread. My dog and favorite hiking/backpacking/snowshoe buddy passed away July 2, 2012. I miss her every day. She loved adventure and exploring.

Kaylee at home with her snake toy

Kaylee on Camel's Hump, Vermont
 Post Number: 25
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 12:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here's Kane, our 5 yr old black Flat coated retriever, we adopted at 8 months old. He is so loving with our kids and a great camping/beach companion:

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 26
GottaGamble Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 1:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
Dirtbag_hiker @ instagram

"Of all the paths you choose in life, make sure some of them are dirt"
                                      author unknown
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 1:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

GottaGamble, that's a beautiful bully!  American Bulldog?

--------------

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 2:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

pitt bull...yes, pure bred.. I didnt clip her ears. I got her when she was 6 days old..long story, but i had to bottle feed her  4 times a day or so and wipe her tush with warm moist cotton to get her to crap...lol..true. vet visits once a week for first 3 months..

--------------

author unknown
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 2:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

she will be 14 years old in June..those pictures were last summer..

--------------

author unknown
 Post Number: 30
MsDoolittle Search for posts by this member.
Don't mess with a girl and her shovel

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 14 2012, 2:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is Katy. Some people get engagement rings. I got an engagement puppy. :)

She's a 4.5 month old Australian Cattle Dog mix and a handful.

This is Einstein, he too is a handful, and the king of the roost. He's now 3 months old and plays Garfield to our little Odie:

67 replies since Dec. 12 2012, 9:45 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Show me your pets!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions