2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The next "End of the World", now bigger and better< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Franco Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 4:17 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Surprise, surprise , it didn't happen.
There must be many disappointed people having spent time and money getting ready for it but so be it.
OK, now we need a new "End of the World" prediction.
I would think that it is Nostradamus turn again or maybe another Biblical based one.
Any ideas ?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 4:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We are clean out of religious apocalypses.  Let's start worrying about killer asteroids from now on.

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
 Post Number: 3
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 4:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Still don't know why people think the Maya was any more special about EOW predictions than anybody else -- not that the Maya was even attempting to predict EOW with their calendar.

So unless a huge asteroid shows up suddenly -- it's back to a long, slow, boring end -- like global warming.  Sigh...

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 4
OldGuyWalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 4:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The calendar on my wall runs out in 10 days, does that count?
 Post Number: 5
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 4:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(OldGuyWalkin @ Dec. 21 2012, 2:31 pm)

Holy crap.  Mine does too.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 4:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GoBlueHiker @ Dec. 21 2012, 2:38 pm)

(OldGuyWalkin @ Dec. 21 2012, 2:31 pm)

Holy crap.  Mine does too.

In anticipation of the continuation of time, the publisher of my calendar also included January. Proof positive that the cycle repeats.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 7
Franco Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 5:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wikipedia at the rescue..
here is the page :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki...._events

So the next one is another Second Coming prediction (wait a second...)
Ronald Weinland stated Jesus Christ would return and the world would end on this day. 2013 May 19.

Ronald Weinland who ?
Does he have a good track record for end of the world predictions ?
 Post Number: 8
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 6:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Franco @ Dec. 21 2012, 3:15 pm)
Wikipedia at the rescue..
here is the page :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki...._events

So the next one is another Second Coming prediction (wait a second...)
Ronald Weinland stated Jesus Christ would return and the world would end on this day. 2013 May 19.

Ronald Weinland who ?
Does he have a good track record for end of the world predictions ?

LOL.  If you have a "track record" for end-of-world predictions at all, it's probably not a good one. :D

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
Grizzly James Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 6:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well regardless, I think I'm still going to count my calories today as guilt free. Hate to waste a good apocalypse scare after all.

-GJ
 Post Number: 10
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 7:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Look. The world ends tomorrow.

Live like it.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 11
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 7:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Grizzly James @ Dec. 21 2012, 6:30 pm)
Well regardless, I think I'm still going to count my calories today as guilt free. Hate to waste a good apocalypse scare after all.

-GJ

Ahaha!!  Post of the day nominee.  :laugh:

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 12
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 8:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you want to know when The Bible predicts the end of the world read Matthew 24:36.
 Post Number: 13
leafwalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 8:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tomorrow.The world ends. But, what are we to do. It just is and it doesn't matter. It is.

--------------
One step at a time is good walking
- Chinese proverb

Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds, for the opportunity to rain on a tent. - D Barry

Peace and love.

The wind blew my list of things to do away.
 Post Number: 14
mbear Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In the year 5 billion when the Sun turns into a red giant and swallows up the planet.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 21 2012, 9:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Dec. 21 2012, 5:25 pm)
If you want to know when The Bible predicts the end of the world read Matthew 24:36.

Which begs the question why some Christian ministers  would take it upon themselves to extrapolate or forecast specific dates!  How did they ever convince themselves that they could know what Jesus Himself didn't?

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 16
TJCeeJay Search for posts by this member.
Take a Hike!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 22 2012, 12:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(SW Mtn backpacker @ Dec. 21 2012, 4:23 pm)
We are clean out of religious apocalypses.  Let's start worrying about killer asteroids from now on.

Funny you should mention that...

Asteroid 2012 DA14 will pass 0.09 Lunar Distances from Earth on Feb 15th. Or maybe it WON'T! Da-da-dummm.

One of my favorite websites. - SpaceWeather.com

The Near Earth Asteroid list is near the bottom of the page.

Cheers!

--------------
MAY THE WIND BE ALWAYS AT YOUR BACK, AND THE PATH ALWAYS RISE UP TO MEET YOUR FEET.
 Post Number: 17
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 22 2012, 7:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 21 2012, 9:40 pm)

Which begs the question why some Christian ministers  would take it upon themselves to extrapolate or forecast specific dates!  How did they ever convince themselves that they could know what Jesus Himself didn't?

Because they are megalomaniacs and want to control people.  Churches are no different than corporations.  Some have good leaders who truly care.  Some have power-hungry 'leaders' who want to control other people's lives to their own benefit.

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 18
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 22 2012, 12:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Dec. 21 2012, 8:25 pm)

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father."

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 19
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 22 2012, 12:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Dec. 22 2012, 7:53 am)

Because they are megalomaniacs and want to control people.  Churches are no different than corporations.  Some have good leaders who truly care.  Some have power-hungry 'leaders' who want to control other people's lives to their own benefit.

I agree.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 20
Adirondackiteer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 23 2012, 12:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Exactly. Didn't one dude make like million+ by taking peoples money to watch their pets and stuff after all them are gone in the rapture? And after it didn't happen they found out he left the country? I think any claims of predicting a rapture are entirely false just based on what the bible itself says about it, like Lamebeaver pointed out.

--------------
???   Shoes optional   :cool:
 Post Number: 21
RumiDude Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 23 2012, 1:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ragnarök

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 23 2012, 3:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Adirondackiteer @ Dec. 22 2012, 9:32 pm)

Exactly. Didn't one dude make like million+ by taking peoples money to watch their pets and stuff after all them are gone in the rapture? And after it didn't happen they found out he left the country? I think any claims of predicting a rapture are entirely false just based on what the bible itself says about it, like Lamebeaver pointed out.

Not that the 'ministers' deserve their gain, but perhaps those who believe deserve their loss.  They were forewarned.  :;):

--------------
 Post Number: 23
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 23 2012, 12:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Dec. 21 2012, 7:40 pm)

I belive your question is answered in verse 11.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 23 2012, 12:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Dec. 23 2012, 9:44 am)

(Ben2World @ Dec. 21 2012, 7:40 pm)

I belive your question is answered in verse 11.

Yah, the devil pushing buttons.

--------------
23 replies since Dec. 21 2012, 4:17 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The next "End of the World"
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions