2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Happy New Year everyone< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 10:19 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Stay safe tonight if you're going out . . . or if you're staying in for that matter.

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 10:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Dec. 31 2012, 10:19 am)
Stay safe tonight if you're going out . . . or if you're staying in for that matter.

Staying in. Starting off the new year by going in to work at 5am.

Happy New Year!

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 3
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 11:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Staying is and going to bed early, I'm helping out at State Park tomorrow morning with their First Day Hikes

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/calendar/first-day-hikes-50

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 4
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 11:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Staying in as well.  Looking forward to cooking chicken Saltimbocca, sauteed kale, and roasted red potatoes, and sharing some drinks with Almost-Mrs. EastieTrekker :D  Then at midnight, the fireworks will be on display just a few steps from our apartment, over the Boston Harbor.

Happy New Year to all!!

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 5
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 11:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Headed to the in-laws' this morning, and once there will stay until the 2nd.  Usually like to celebrate on East Coast or at least Central Time :D

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 11:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Staying in with the kiddos and hubby tonight. Will likely go play outside tomorrow if it is a nice day.

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 7
JD_TREX Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks Happy New years to all.

--------------
HYOH  EYOF
 Post Number: 8
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Staying in, but I refuse to be safe about it.

Happy New Year all!
 Post Number: 9
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Dec. 31 2012, 11:34 am)

Happy New Year all!

lol

Staying in and hoping to not be washed off the mountain overnight. (Lots of rain in the forecast.)  Sooooo, Tuesday the trails might be empty...hmmmm.

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
 Post Number: 10
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy New Year!
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hiking_tiger @ Dec. 31 2012, 12:39 pm)

(spindle @ Dec. 31 2012, 11:34 am)

Happy New Year all!

lol

Staying in and hoping to not be washed off the mountain overnight. (Lots of rain in the forecast.)  Sooooo, Tuesday the trails might be empty...hmmmm.

I sent you a pic.  I have Weyerbacher, that pic, and a bad mood.  heh heh

Hangover hikes are the BEST.
 Post Number: 12
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 12:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd like to see that pic.  :cool:
 Post Number: 13
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Going to friend's for a cookout. I'm bringing my cot, bag and pad. I'll crash in the backyard with the chickens.

Happy New Year, everyone!

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 14
OldGuyWalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

All night bowling, lasertag and glow in the dark putt-putt.
Up early and hit a day trail with the boy. Maybe go get my annual park pass in the morning, too.
 Post Number: 15
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dang we are some old folks.  :D

My boss even called me this morning and said he could work it out if I wanted to take tomorrow off and I said no.

--------------
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cgaphiker @ Dec. 31 2012, 12:57 pm)

On your phone. :)
 Post Number: 17
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Dec. 31 2012, 1:15 pm)

(cgaphiker @ Dec. 31 2012, 12:57 pm)

On your phone. :)

Is there nudity?

--------------
 Post Number: 18
Dave Senesac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good bye 2012 hello 2013  !!!

Happy New Years everyone  !!!

Hardly anyone on streets here about San Jose this frosty morning for a commute.   Yesterday on a sunny day had a nice hilly hike with a bunch of local Meetup people at an open space area of nearby Stanford University.  But yes I am sort of working though likely just till late afternoon.   Forester is packed with gear for a drive directly from work up to Tahoe as will be skiing tomorrow on a mostly sunny New Years Day 2013.   Will drive home late then am working again rest of week.

--------------
...David

http://davidsenesac.com
 Post Number: 19
oldnolder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy new year! I will be watching football on tv. Might make it to midnight. Hope to go for a nice day hike tomorrow. Hope yinz all have a better 2013.
 Post Number: 20
RedDoug Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 1:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My birthday today.  Having pizza and root beer or Vernors tonight around 6.  anyone in the area......

:D

And Happy New Years, too.

--------------
Everything is in Walking Distance
 Post Number: 21
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 3:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RedDoug @ Dec. 31 2012, 1:35 pm)
My birthday today.  Having pizza and root beer or Vernors tonight around 6.  anyone in the area......

:D

And Happy New Years, too.

Happy Birthday!  A Vernor's would be just the thing to celebrate with.
 Post Number: 22
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 4:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hippo gnu deer!

A wildlife kinda felicitation.

Yes, felicitation.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 23
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 5:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy New Year! I hope to be sleeping when the moment arrives.

Unless, I decide to be the first to post in the new year. That would be avant guarde, wouldn't it? Just try to beat me.  :cool:

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
 Post Number: 24
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 5:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Already?  The world just ended.  How can there be a new year so soon?
 Post Number: 25
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 6:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tried calling my friends... one of three successful. Better Cajun than anyone else. Happy New Year!

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 26
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 7:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When the kidlings were old enough to tell time but young enough to trust me, We'd usually be in a motel on the way home from Christmas in Wyoming, I'd move the clock hands a couple hours and we'd watch the New York Celebration and do some noisemaking and toast with sparking cider.  Now I realize I can still celebrate with any time zone I choose - or all of them.  2012 left me still standing, and hope everyone here is entering a trip around the sun that will treat us to some love and laughter.

Happy Birthday RedDoug!

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 27
WBrim Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 8:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A Happy and safe New Year to all. It's been a good year for me I wish it had been for others, thinking of recent events that have been in the news.

Don't want to hijack this thread  but
EastieTrekker I see you'll be looking out over Boston Harbor. I'm coming to Boston in April for the marathon and I've been using anyone I can find for eating recomendations. Do you have any, Seafood is a biggie on my list for at least one meal. I'll eat just about anything at least one time. I'm not sure what PM'ing actually is but I see that in the contact section.
 Post Number: 28
overthehillwalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 8:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy Birthday RD!
 Post Number: 29
Walkinman Search for posts by this member.
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 8:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes indeed .. happy new year, everyone. Be safe, party hard, and enjoy your loved ones.

Cheers

Carl

--------------
Guided Alaska backpacking and hiking trips

"What good is a used up world and how can it be worth having?" -- Sting, All This Time.
 Post Number: 30
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 31 2012, 8:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Happy New Year!  I hope 2013 proves to be a good year for all!

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
46 replies since Dec. 31 2012, 10:19 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Happy New Year everyone
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions