2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Question: BCS Discover Bowl - ND vs UA :: Total Votes:21
Poll choices Votes Statistics
Notre Dame Fighting Irish 8  [38.10%]
Alabama Crimson Tide 13  [61.90%]
Guests cannot vote
Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: BCS Discover Bowl - ND vs UA, who you got?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
LostSheep Search for posts by this member.
Most Awesomest Member

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 11:31 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Alright, who are you pulling for?

Let's hear it.

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

IT'S OUR TURN. Ask me how you can help.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
AggieHiker92 Search for posts by this member.
Hiking with kids in tow adds a new dimension to the Wonders of Nature

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 11:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry, gotta vote for Alabama.  They darned near beat my beloved Aggies!!!

--------------
"Though I've belted you and flayed you / By the living Gawd that made you / You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din." - Rudyard Kipling
 Post Number: 3
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 11:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am not all that thrilled with either choice, because they each have long histories of winning.  No real underdog in this fight.  So, I have chosen to cheer against the team from the SEC, just so we can stop hearing about the conference for a year.

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 4
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 11:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just to keep in mind, this thread asks "who are you pulling for", and not "who do you think will win."  Just for the record, those two questions result in different answers for me.

- Mike

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 11:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Unless Florida State is playing, my answer is always "anybody but Dame".

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 6
GottaGamble Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 12:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

with the spread or without??

--------------
Dirtbag_hiker @ instagram

"Of all the paths you choose in life, make sure some of them are dirt"
                                      author unknown
 Post Number: 7
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 1:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Alright Mike. You got me there. Break it out for us. Who do YOU want to win and who do you THINK will win?

Personally, I want Bama to win. I'm an alum, so I'm biased.

I do think it will be a good game though.

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

Post Number: 8
retired reddog Search for posts by this member.
"I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 1:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gotta pull for Bama...

Hey GBH, did Vincent Smith find his helmet yet?

--------------
Good night Chesty, where ever you are!-(It's a Marine thing.)

“The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle!”
General John Pershing, United States Army
 Post Number: 9
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 1:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(retired reddog @ Jan. 07 2013, 11:11 am)
Gotta pull for Bama...

Hey GBH, did Vincent Smith find his helmet yet?

Was that supposed to bother me? :p

I've paid so little attention to college football this year, I had no idea what you were talking about.  Had to Google it.

FWIW I'm pulling for ND just because they're the underdog, but that's hardly for any particular love of ND.  I do think 'Bama will win, but that's also not a terribly informed opinion.  Whichever team wins this year I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 10
"I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 1:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nope, not meant to bother anyone...

--------------

Post Number: 11
llamapacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 1:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Should be called the Holier-Than-Thou Entitlement Bowl, featuring two teams that constantly act like they have the God given right to play for the championship.  It's a shame either one gets to win.
 Post Number: 12
3-gun. Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 2:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(llamapacker @ Jan. 07 2013, 1:53 pm)
Should be called the Holier-Than-Thou Entitlement Bowl, featuring two teams that constantly act like they have the God given right to play for the championship.  It's a shame either one gets to win.

How bout that.

--------------
"But the new Admin. is a Master in IDPA"
"MASTER in IDPA..."
"is like C Class in IPSC!"
 Post Number: 13
llamapacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 2:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, I'm still spitting sour grapes because my Ducks coulda, shoulda & woulda, and the best two teams are not playing for the championship.  Oh well, it's only a game.  Right ???
 Post Number: 14
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 3:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(llamapacker @ Jan. 07 2013, 2:32 pm)
 It's only a game, right :)

LOL Yeah it is. A big vacation scheduling hoopla started at work over the weekend because a couple of coworkers blocked out every weekend in September and October so they could go to UT football games. A couple of others with more seniority were not happy. I'm sure much drama will ensue. All over a game.  :laugh:

I'm glad to see ND back in the hunt, but I'll be rooting for an SEC win.  :)
 Post Number: 15
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 6:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

UT? Are they hopeless romantics, or masochists?  Yeah, I know.  True fans go to the games regardless of the probable outcome.  Sometimes it is just the party atmosphere that draws them.

I was glad to see my Head Coach turn down UT, BTW.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 16
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 6:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Roll Tide.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 8:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

8:55 pm...14 - 0...still lotta football to play, tho

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 18
gjbu Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 9:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Reddog sounds like typical South Carolina fan.
 Post Number: 19
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So much for the BS . . . errrrr . . . BCS rankings.

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 20

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2013, 10:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

9:55 pm ...28-0 ... Roll Tide!

--------------
 Post Number: 21
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 12:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Love that Notre Dame is so loved by the media.  Too bad they couldn't put that love to work on the field!

ROLL TIDE!!

SEC - SEC - SEC ... what's that?  7 in a row?  Pretty good.  :)

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 6:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Everyone says the SEC is over rated yet for the past seven years no one has been able to take the national championship from the SEC.

Impressive win for Bama.  They have the best pair of running backs in the country hands down!

--------------

Post Number: 23
kcwins Search for posts by this member.
I refuse to grow up!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 7:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don't you mean $ec - $ec - $ec ?
That said, I hate ND and was glad to see the outcome. Not to mention I cashed in. 9 1/2 was a lot to give up but the writing was on the wall. ND was overrated the entire year and it finally caught up with them.
I wonder what would have happened if Alabama had matched up with Oregon? Now THAT would have been a game. Congrats Bama

--------------
Signature removed for lack of payment
 Post Number: 24
hikingFF77 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 8:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How can anyone say they were overrated?  They won every game.  I could care less, didn't even watch the game, but there obviously is a huge amount of talent on both sides of the ball to get to where they got to.  To say they were overrated is just crazy.

--------------
“I’m just hanging on while this world keeps spinning and it’s good to know it’s out of my control.  If there’s one thing I’ve learned from all this living is that it wouldn’t change a thing if I let go…”
Jimmy Buffett & Martina McGraw
 Post Number: 25
paula53 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 1:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bama played like a nationally ranked team. ND did not. For a game with much hype, it was terrible.
 Post Number: 26
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 1:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Meh. Who cares. College ball is just the minor leagues except they don't officially get paid. And the school with the most hookers and blow gets the best recruit. Yes, I took the time to write this out even though I don't care.
 Post Number: 27
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 1:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(paula53 @ Jan. 08 2013, 10:35 am)
Bama played like a nationally ranked team. ND did not. For a game with much hype, it was terrible.

So many of those "championship" games seem to be like that. Especially in football where the players are a perishable and physically continually declining component.
 Post Number: 28
kcwins Search for posts by this member.
I refuse to grow up!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 2:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikingFF77 @ Jan. 08 2013, 8:48 am)
How can anyone say they were overrated?  They won every game.  I could care less, didn't even watch the game, but there obviously is a huge amount of talent on both sides of the ball to get to where they got to.  To say they were overrated is just crazy.

10 point underdog. The BCS got it wrong this time, plain and simple. Yes they played the schedule that was in front of them. But they were NOT the number 1 team in football. MAYBE top 5...maybe.
What's even more confusing is that they will likely be the number 1 or number 2 team to start the season in 2013.

--------------
Signature removed for lack of payment
 Post Number: 29
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 3:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

KC, just another reason I strongly believe the "pre-season" polls are crap.

Have everyone play 4 games. Rank them from there. It's a new year, new slate. Go.

The preseaon means NOTHING.

--------------

Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 08 2013, 5:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(LostSheep @ Jan. 08 2013, 3:55 pm)
Have everyone play 4 games. Rank them from there. It's a new year, new slate. Go.

+1

--------------

34 replies since Jan. 07 2013, 11:31 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply BCS Discover Bowl - ND vs UA
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions