2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Cascade Designs Customer Service, Just have to say< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
zipposdad Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 12:52 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Im out of Grand Rapids MI. So not cold yet and the snow has not gotten here yet.  Went up to Nordhouse Dunes Saturday. Set up camp about 3 miles in near the lakeshore.

Set up the MSR Ventana tent and snap I cracked a pole.
The pole held thru the weekend.  Thought I could repair but the crack became longer.

SO I called Cascade Designs. knowing that model is discontinued.  They will make me a new pole after I send them the broken one.  Great customer service as always from them.  Just wanted to pass that along.

--------------
Teach your babies to camp  :D
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 1:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They are great - my Sweetwater Filter that I bought in 1999 started leaking last year, and I contacted them to get a new rubber gasket - they ended up replacing the whole filter for free.

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
LostSheep Search for posts by this member.
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 1:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice!

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

IT'S OUR TURN. Ask me how you can help.
 Post Number: 4
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 3:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've had similar experiences with them.  Very personal and quick customer service.  They even called back once on a returned hiking pole to make sure that it was satisfactory.  Outstanding company, IMO.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 5
RumiDude Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 4:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cascade Designs is part of the problem with this country.  They offer the NeoAir line of mattresses, marketed as light in weight and comfortable while insullating you from the cold of the ground.  This is what they write on their website:  "Lightweight, durable and extremely warm, the NeoAir All Season mattress is the ultimate solution to year-round backcountry comfort. Patent-pending Triangular Core Matrix™ technology creates over 100 internal cells and Reflective Barriers trap warm air, resulting in an incredibly high R-value without the weight or bulk of conventional insulation. Durable fabrics and construction give the All Season mattress the strength to stand up to rugged conditions throughout the year. Pump sack and repair kit included."

Think about it, they are trying to separate and isolate you from Mother Earth!  This kind of hijacking of our Mother Earth connection for the Wall Street ethos of blood profits makes me want to puke Cascade Designer chunks.  What's Next ... a water treatment so small and so easy to use, it will change the way you travel in the backcountry ?

Boycott Cascade Designs!!!

Rumi   <~~~~~starting meltdown

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 6
JRinGeorgia Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 4:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RumiDude @ Jan. 09 2013, 4:22 pm)
Think about it, they are trying to separate and isolate you from Mother Earth!

Maybe they are just trying to give people what they want? If that's what people want, if CD didn't give it to them then someone else would...

--------------
- JRinGeorgia
 Post Number: 7
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 4:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've had some customer service experiences with CD where they actually exceeded my highest expectations.
 Post Number: 8
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 8:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cascade Designs is part of the problem with this country.  They offer the NeoAir line of mattresses, marketed as light in weight and comfortable while insullating you from the cold of the ground.  This is what they write on their website:  "Lightweight, durable and extremely warm, the NeoAir All Season mattress is the ultimate solution to year-round backcountry comfort. Patent-pending Triangular Core Matrix™ technology creates over 100 internal cells and Reflective Barriers trap warm air, resulting in an incredibly high R-value without the weight or bulk of conventional insulation. Durable fabrics and construction give the All Season mattress the strength to stand up to rugged conditions throughout the year. Pump sack and repair kit included."

Think about it, they are trying to separate and isolate you from Mother Earth!  This kind of hijacking of our Mother Earth connection for the Wall Street ethos of blood profits makes me want to puke Cascade Designer chunks.  What's Next ... a water treatment so small and so easy to use, it will change the way you travel in the backcountry ?

Do they use a PC or Mac for their design work

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 9
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2013, 9:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Never thought of it that way.  Could be you're on to something. ???

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 10
DustinTN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 10:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, we live in a capitalist, hyper-consumerist culture. Yes, marketing and the "desire construction" industry permeate all manner of American life.  That's why you're on a forum created by a magazine whose business model (like 98% of all magazines) is structured on advertising for consumer products.  It's not that your point has no merit; it does.  However, the self-righteous tone that only points fingers outward and doesn't also examine one's own complicity in an overly consumptive culture is a little off-putting, IMO.  Most of us on this forum probably indulge in a LOT of overconsumption, even if we try to more mindful.
 Post Number: 11
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 10:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm with Rumi - companies like CD are invasive! Another comes to mind - Hennessy Hammocks takes it a step farther than CD, and literally leaves you feet from the very ground you are trying to get in touch with.  At least with the NeoAir I can still reach out with my hand and grab a clump of dirt and smear it all over my face - ah what it is to connect with nature.

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 12
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 10:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Chuck D @ Jan. 09 2013, 8:33 pm)

Obviously a Mac.  Have you seen the bright pastel colors they use on their mattresses?

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 10:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(EastieTrekker @ Jan. 10 2013, 7:13 am)

(Chuck D @ Jan. 09 2013, 8:33 pm)

Obviously a Mac.  Have you seen the bright pastel colors they use on their mattresses?

I use FreeBSD, it is the only OS anyone with a conscientious soul would ever use.  It is installed on a computer put together from repurposed PC components and powered by a combination solar array, water powered generator, and a pair of gerbils running on PETA approved tread wheel.  

Rumi

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 14

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 10:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(EastieTrekker @ Jan. 10 2013, 7:11 am)
grab a clump of dirt and smear it all over my face - ah what it is to connect with nature.

Right on my Mother Earth lovin' brotha' ... right on!

Rumi~the earthy~Dude

--------------
 Post Number: 15
eggs Search for posts by this member.
That's sofa King assume

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 11:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JRinGeorgia @ Jan. 09 2013, 4:36 pm)

Maybe they are just trying to give people what they want? If that's what people want, if CD didn't give it to them then someone else would...

I think Rumi has already separated from this earth :)

--------------
Eggs
Home of the egg
 Post Number: 16
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 12:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(zipposdad @ Jan. 09 2013, 12:52 pm)
Im out of Grand Rapids MI. So not cold yet and the snow has not gotten here yet.  Went up to Nordhouse Dunes Saturday. Set up camp about 3 miles in near the lakeshore.

Nice!  I'm surprised about the no snow though.  I'm in Ann Arbor and we still have a couple of inches leftover from Christmas week, though I think it will all be gone by this weekend considering the forecast.  Did you see other people at Nordhouse?  Lucky me, I get to spend 4 days next week in Grand Rapids...  :D

+1 on CD.  I had a similar experience as Tarol with my now-ancient Sweetwater filter.

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 1:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eggs @ Jan. 10 2013, 8:34 am)

(JRinGeorgia @ Jan. 09 2013, 4:36 pm)

I think Rumi has already separated from this earth :)

Don't make me resort to astericks, you ****** *** ** * *****!

Rumi~the ******~Dude

--------------
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 2:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TigerFan @ Jan. 10 2013, 9:04 am)
+1 on CD.  I had a similar experience as Tarol with my now-ancient Sweetwater filter.

+2  I sent in two old ThermaRests for repair and asked how much it would cost.  Those corporate blood suckers sent back to me two new pads.  It was disgusting how they tried to corrupt me by giving me stuff made from the labor of their abused workers.

Every man a king!

Rumi

--------------
 Post Number: 19
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2013, 3:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks, Rumi!

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
18 replies since Jan. 09 2013, 12:52 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Cascade Designs Customer Service
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions