2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: City Mang< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Reminiscence Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 18 2013, 3:35 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey brother,

Check your PMs if you get around to it.

Sincerely,
Remi

--------------
"To be a friend of the Earth, you have to be an enemy of the people." -T.C. Boyle
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 18 2013, 7:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You mean City Man without the 'g"?

Yeah, I want to know about his Nat Geo DVD software as well -- does it really take 13 seconds to open the app?

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 3
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 12:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Jan. 18 2013, 7:23 pm)
Yeah, I want to know about his Nat Geo DVD software as well -- does it really take 13 seconds to open the app?

Do you mean "Topo!"?  It does start very slow.  I measure 8 seconds, and that's without accessing any of the detailed map data, only the Level 1 stuff.

Anyway, I wouldn't think that's the topic of interest to Reminiscence. He probably has access to better tools than that.
 Post Number: 4
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 12:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, anyone heard from Cityman?  I sent a message last week and haven't heard back.  Haven't seen him hear in a bit, but not sure how long.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 12:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He hasn't posted since the day after Christmas

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2013, 2:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(big_load @ Jan. 18 2013, 9:23 pm)

(Ben2World @ Jan. 18 2013, 7:23 pm)

Do you mean "Topo!"? It does start very slow. I measure 8 seconds, and that's without accessing any of the detailed map data, only the Level 1 stuff.

Anyway, I wouldn't think that's the topic of interest to Reminiscence. He probably has access to better tools than that.

Sorry, BL -- I should have been clearer - it's the Complete National Geographic DVD set.  I posted about this a while ago, and I believe City Man purchased a set as well.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 1:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Where is CityMan??

--------------
 Post Number: 8
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 6:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Heard from him yesterday.  He's been nursing his broken wrist.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 6:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ouch!   :(

If you talk to him again, please convey prayers and positive thoughts from all of us!

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 6:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RebeccaD @ Jan. 22 2013, 6:26 pm)
Heard from him yesterday. He's been nursing his broken wrist.

Did he have another motorcycle wreck?  He worries me, but I guess he wouldn't be the same City Man if he didn't.
 Post Number: 11
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 7:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bike. He does live on the edge.

Posted on: Dec. 12 2012, 9:13 am    
Good morning,

Im feeling bruised, Im feeling blue, here in Old El Paso.  

Kicking back and recovering from a hit and run on my bike.  No not the motorcycle, my bicycle.  Was heading to the store on some back streets and had the miss fortune of meeting some parting young ones, they rear ended my bike at an intersection. Wasnt that bad of a hit but unfortunately I must of hit the pavement just right, broke my right wrist.  Seeing what they had caused they promptly left.  Lucky for them I did no get their license plate number, just was out of it for a moment. Well I guess it is good that it is winter time now, for I think I will be down for a couple of months, for sure.

You all have a great day out there

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 22 2013, 7:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow!  It sounds like it could have been much worse.   Heal fast, City Man!
11 replies since Jan. 18 2013, 3:35 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply City Mang
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions