2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: On The Road Again...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
4wheelbob Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2013, 11:15 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good evening!

At the risk of sounding like one of those cheery, "end of year" letters we received last month, I wanted to check in, as we are on the cusp of entering the last two months of winter.... :D

All in all, and because I spend too much time on Facebook or responding to an unending flow of e - mail, I have been an infrequent visitor over here.

But that doesn't mean I'm not watching. On the contrary....

And planning. Had some really cool plans for late winter through early summer, but failing to get the CHP to sign off on many parts of that route (the length of CA, south to north) has caused me to scale it back to a journey from the Bay Area to the Oregon border, finishing in Klamath Falls, OR.

But having lost my job in late November, it's going to take some tight planning and support people all over the north state to assist. And the route has to be safe enough, with enough good sight lines and someone content to drive very slowly behind me to have half a chance.

The idea is to benefit The Wheelchair Foundation, a local (East Bay/Danville) organization dedicated to distributing chairs to places where a wheelchair means a chance - that mobility will provide the opportunity to lead a productive life....which is a message I enjoy delivering.  :)

So stay tuned. I promise I'll keep you updated. Got time on my hands, and a whole community of cheerleaders. So after getting over this fluish cold I'll be back in the gym, doing my best to revive muscle memory.

Have a wonderful evening, know that I'm thinking about you, and have been. Hoping for a new chapter with a working title of "Return to Pickle Gulch" will come to being in September. Take care of yourselves!

4wb
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2013, 11:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great to hear from you Bob

Rick
 Post Number: 3
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2013, 11:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good luck, Bob!
 Post Number: 4
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 11:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good to hear from you!  Maybe we can help some with the excursion.  And I do hope you'll be at PG in Sept.--I'm planning on going back.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
camper10469 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 5:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Bob, you keep truckin.
If you were doing this here in the east.. I'd be there for ya!

I'm cheering you on dude!

paul

--------------
 Post Number: 6
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 5:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome Bob.  I joined after you stopped posting regularly, but you're kind of a legend around here.  Good luck on your trek.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Dont go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 7
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2013, 6:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JimInMD @ Jan. 27 2013, 5:57 pm)
Welcome Bob. I joined after you stopped posting regularly, but you're kind of a legend around here. Good luck on your trek.

4WB IS legendary.  Not a legend.

Roll on,Bob.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 8
paula53 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 31 2013, 1:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Please keep us posted on your progress. Still planning on writing a book? You have quite the story to tell, and a unique way of telling it.
7 replies since Jan. 26 2013, 11:15 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply On The Road Again...
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions