2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: I ran< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
leafwalker Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 7:40 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not Iran. I was out hiking. Day hike. Anticipating nothing extra ordinary. But, turning along a trail, a trail in the woods, right before me, a few feet away, were Zombies. Zombies. I didn't believe in such. Prior. Better then vampires, I suspect. The goll dern blood suckers. They always want more then I'm willing to give. Although I hadn't had the opportunity before. Now, you might ask how I knew they were zombies (do they need a capital "Z", nah). Well, they had the glaze in their eyes, you know, the dead look,  and, walked funny. Definitely not hiking steps. Kind of draggy. Ya know. One was a browned eye women. But, Van claimed no ownership. Listless folk. Don't ya know. Anyways, seeing such I found it in my old man legs to turn around. And, run. I ran. Been awhile. For heaven sakes, I know not what would have been my fate should I have continued my forward progress. Run I did. Didn't know I had "run" in my old man knees. But, I did. Think I'll try jogging again. Needles to say, they didn't "get" me. Although "get" me I m not sure what that means. But, I got back to the car and reported such to the local sheriff. Rumor has it they found the Z's, but were not cautious and were consumed into zobiedom. Now, I ask, who do I call? I knew the sheriff. Taught him in seventh grade and coached him in high school football. Played defensive end. Tough kid. Ghostbusters are not applicable. Besides, the hero is singing the seventh inning stretch at a Cubs game. I am at a lose. Any suggestions? And, I am afraid to hike in the area again. What a dilemma. Maybe I should have met things (and they are "things) head on. But if I did, I coming for you. I'm lookin' in your window. Draggy. But, you hear a knock on the door? My tongue, if I is a zombie, is happy.

--------------
One step at a time is good walking
- Chinese proverb

Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds, for the opportunity to rain on a tent. - D Barry

Peace and love.

The wind blew my list of things to do away.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 8:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sick of the crowd all day...
I hike to get away.

Aiming for the boonie...
Lo, I turn loonie.

Zombies in my head...
Lord, strike me dead.

T's better, a crowd...
Just don't be too loud.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 3
leafwalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 8:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Feb. 03 2013, 8:04 pm)

SSSSSSS. They are out there.

--------------
One step at a time is good walking
- Chinese proverb

Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds, for the opportunity to rain on a tent. - D Barry

Peace and love.

The wind blew my list of things to do away.
 Post Number: 4
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 6:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(leafwalker @ Feb. 03 2013, 5:27 pm)

(Ben2World @ Feb. 03 2013, 8:04 pm)

SSSSSSS. They are out there.

ZZZZZZZ.  Nah, they're just inside your head.  :D

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 5
swimswithtrout Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 7:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm sorry, the only thing I could think of when I saw your header was this, the "culmination" so to speak, of the most abysmal period in modern music, the 80's.

--------------
Want to see The Wind River Range in widescreen 1080p ?
 Post Number: 6
SnidelyWhiplash Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 2:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(swimswithtrout @ Feb. 04 2013, 7:27 pm)
I'm sorry, the only thing I could think of when I saw your header was this, the "culmination" so to speak, of the most abysmal period in modern music, the 80's.

This was exactly what came to my mind too.

ETA:  Great new way to torment people by getting a song stuck in their head.
 Post Number: 7
kcwins Search for posts by this member.
I refuse to grow up!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 4:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(SnidelyWhiplash @ Feb. 05 2013, 2:09 pm)

(swimswithtrout @ Feb. 04 2013, 7:27 pm)

This was exactly what came to my mind too.

ETA:  Great new way to torment people by getting a song stuck in their head.

+1

Stop with the creative thread titles please. Now I'll have to pull out my Flock of Seagulls cassette and see if their are any other "hits" on it.  ???  Or, can you say "one hit wonder"?

--------------
Signature removed for lack of payment
6 replies since Feb. 03 2013, 7:40 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply I ran
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions