2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Super Bowl Halftime< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
nogods Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 8:20 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

lots of lips-syncing on stage
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 8:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"The only problem was an issue of Beyonce's own creation. The absurd controversy surrounding her inauguration lip syncing performance turned Beyonce defensive and compelled her to sing live at halftime. (At least for most of it. The cameras were conspicuously zoomed out on tongue-twisting sequences.)

There's a reason artists lip sync when they're strutting around stage and gyrating with dozens of dancers. You can't sing when you're out of breath. Pavarotti didn't run wind sprints before performing Rigoletto."

http://www.usatoday.com/story....1888085

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 3
HighGravity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 9:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Complaining about pop singers lip syncing is like complaining about politicians using a teleprompter.
 Post Number: 4
Walkinman Search for posts by this member.
A rainbow

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 11:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My buddy Shane, and guitar instructor from several years ago, played the solo on tonight's track ... Which is waaaay cool. He recorded it a few days ago.

--------------
Guided Alaska backpacking and hiking trips

"What good is a used up world and how can it be worth having?" -- Sting, All This Time.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
toejam Search for posts by this member.
the high road is hard to find

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 03 2013, 11:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was way better than The Who.
 Post Number: 6
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 12:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Was I supposed to be listening to Beyonce? I was just watching without having to shell out some $1 bills.

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
 Post Number: 7
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 9:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wonder if she was paid unit rates for each hair toss and booty thrust?. Usually I'm a fan of those, but it gets old after the first 200.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 8
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 10:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I cheered when it was over...
 Post Number: 9
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 11:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Super Bowl Halftime

Meh.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 10
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 1:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"Saw" it on the radio.  Much better that way.

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
 Post Number: 11
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 2:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

LOL... there may be more to this story than we know. :laugh:

Beyonce involved with Illiminati, revealed in halftime snow performance; and here...

Internet conspiracy theories are awesome. :D

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 12
aseege1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 3:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I can see the next Robert Langdon novel forming before my eyes.
 Post Number: 13
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 3:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Feb. 04 2013, 9:58 am)
I wonder if she was paid unit rates for each hair toss and booty thrust?.

I believe it's a tradition that the half-time show's "star" performs for free, at least as far as the Super Bowl is concerned.  I think the NFL pitches in some of the production costs (which might be used to pay the other performers, musicians, etc.) but most of it is paid for by the sponsor (i.e. it's the "Pepsi/Doritos/Whoever half-time show".)

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 14
zipposdad Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 4:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just had a great idea for next years super bowl half time.  Please just show 30 minutes of turf. Yes Im sick of he/she/it didnt sing it right or they lip sinced or hey mom they did a hand gesture...  Just show the game.  We can whine about the announcers ties or how they said some thing. Lets whine about the color of the car they drove to the game and what that means.

--------------
Teach your babies to camp  :D
 Post Number: 15
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 4:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TigerFan @ Feb. 04 2013, 3:08 pm)

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Feb. 04 2013, 9:58 am)
I wonder if she was paid unit rates for each hair toss and booty thrust?.

I believe it's a tradition that the half-time show's "star" performs for free, at least as far as the Super Bowl is concerned.  I think the NFL pitches in some of the production costs (which might be used to pay the other performers, musicians, etc.) but most of it is paid for by the sponsor (i.e. it's the "Pepsi/Doritos/Whoever half-time show".)

I was just trying to point out that the show was nothing more than non-stop hair tosses and booty thrusts.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 16
Franco Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 5:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

GBH
I'm afraid that Beyonce's coming out may have to do with the even more secretive Obscurati,  a much more dangerous and dark organisation.
Here is one of its members openly displaying the sign :

(the guy is a well known Italian entertainer with strong connections with the dark side)
 Post Number: 17
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 6:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Geez...everyone here must have been rooting for Baltimore, cuz you're a bunch of crabs!!!!  :p  I kid, I kid...

IMHO, football is a sport played for the entertainment of its viewers (as are all sports), and since the Super Bowl is the pinnacle of the season it might as well be the pinnacle performance of the season as well, halftime show fanfare and all.   I thought the performance was one of the better ones, I've seen in the past several years...and heck, Beyonce is easier on the eyes than some of the more recent celebrities to grace the Super Bowl stage.

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 18
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 6:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Franco @ Feb. 04 2013, 5:27 pm)
(the guy is a well known Italian entertainer with strong connections with the dark side)

He looks a bit like Silvio Berlusconi, who probably qualifies as an entertainer.
 Post Number: 19
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 6:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've hated every halftime show for the last few years (although I didn't watch this year's game).  How about a standard 15 minute halftime and maybe the University marching band from each home state or some equivalent?  I know the Terps have a fantastic band, I'd imagine UC does as well.

Have I ever mentioned that I really hate pop music?

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 20
wildlifenate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 6:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Feb. 04 2013, 9:22 am)
I cheered when it was over...

me too.  I thought it was terrible.

--------------
The GPS Geek
 Post Number: 21
Burner973 Search for posts by this member.
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 6:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tom Petty was good in 08 Giants vs Pats.

--------------
"A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams." Gilbert H. Grosvenor

Peeps who keep repeating there posts sound like this after the second time, DERPA DERP UHHHHH DERPA.
 Post Number: 22
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 6:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The ratings reportedly peaked during the blackout game stoppage.
 Post Number: 23
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 6:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(zipposdad @ Feb. 04 2013, 4:45 pm)
Just had a great idea for next years super bowl half time.  Please just show 30 minutes of turf.

Turf is to grass what lipsyncing is to singing.
 Post Number: 24
yosemite girl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 7:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd say a lot of it was live - because you could her them sucking air. Of course the music and background vocals were pre-recorded, but that would be really tough to mix in that situation.

I wonder how many years it has been since that much of the superbowl performance was live?

--------------
...there's just something about him.

Something around the eyes...I don't know...reminds me of...me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
 Post Number: 25
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 7:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I wish the power had gone out during her performance...

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. – Socrates
 Post Number: 26
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 7:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So who won?  :D

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 27
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 04 2013, 7:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Feb. 04 2013, 5:53 pm)
So who won?  :D

The better team...

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. – Socrates
 Post Number: 28
toejam Search for posts by this member.
the high road is hard to find

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 8:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You can always count of this forum for a groundswell of curmudgeon.

I was enthralled and my wife didn't even mind as all the women were getting caught up in the beat. Beyonce is one beautiful woman and I hope they have her back next year.

Course there was a lot of cheap domestic lager being drunk....
 Post Number: 29
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I didn't watch a minute of the game or half-time show this year. I didn't find out who won until the next day.

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
 Post Number: 30
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 05 2013, 10:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BradMT @ Feb. 04 2013, 7:51 pm)
I wish the power had gone out during her performance...

Ditto

I didn't see it live, but watched it afterwards.  I thought her singing was terrible.  But I'm guessing that's not what people were paying attention to.

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
47 replies since Feb. 03 2013, 8:20 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Super Bowl Halftime
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions