2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Dorner pinned down on Big Bear, 2 Deputies shot and injured< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Burner973 Search for posts by this member.
Walk it off

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 5:02 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Put on CNN choppers are hovering over supposedly where he is hiding

--------------
"A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams." Gilbert H. Grosvenor

Peeps who keep repeating there posts sound like this after the second time, DERPA DERP UHHHHH DERPA.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 5:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Be Safe Brothers and Sisters...

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 3
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 5:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dorner will likely end up killing himself.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 4
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 5:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

LA Times reporting 2 people held hostage in the cabin.

--------------
"A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams." Gilbert H. Grosvenor

Peeps who keep repeating there posts sound like this after the second time, DERPA DERP UHHHHH DERPA.
 Post Number: 5
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 6:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is prime hiking country for SoCal. Angleus Oaks, Jenks Lake Road, Hwy 38....All areas where I hiked many times.
And one of the roadblocks is set up at the Mill Creek Ranger Station, where I think Tarol works. Stay safe....

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
 Post Number: 6
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 7:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One of the deputies was killed, died at the hospital.  RIP

One bad guy who is a good shot needs a lot of good guys with guns to stop him, neh?

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 7
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 7:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Now they say the cabin is in flames

http://news.yahoo.com/cabin-w....64.html

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 8
RedDoug Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am so glad i am retired and don't have those work pressures that send a person postal.

Very tragic.

--------------
Everything is in Walking Distance
 Post Number: 9
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He's dead.

--------------

Post Number: 10
charadeur Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(wwwest @ Feb. 12 2013, 7:32 pm)
One of the deputies was killed, died at the hospital.  RIP

One bad guy who is a good shot needs a lot of good guys with guns to stop him, neh?

We should take the cops guns away so it will be all better.  Lucky for you someone was killed so you could make an anti gun political point.
 Post Number: 11
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Charred body found in cabin . . .

It sounds like Dorner shot himself and burned in the cabin fire.

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 10:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's usually how these episodes end...

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 13
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 12 2013, 11:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Body not found after all

Now the Los Angeles Police Department is saying that no body has been found, earlier reports were false, and the cabin is still burning or too hot to search.

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
 Post Number: 14
magicmomma Search for posts by this member.
Wildest Flower in Tennessee

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have only just begun reading the lengthy manifesto he wrote.  I admit I cannot help wondering if he was telling the truth about the LAPD??

What if they really are just as corrupt as he claims?

--------------
"My progress was rendered delightful by the sylvan elegance of the groves, chearful meadows, and high distant forests, which in grand order presented themselves to view."~~William Bartram
 Post Number: 15
ataylor Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 10:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

While I'm glad this guy is no longer terrorizing the public, I wonder how the LAPD can simply decide to burn down a cabin.
 Post Number: 16
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 12:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ataylor @ Feb. 13 2013, 8:51 am)
While I'm glad this guy is no longer terrorizing the public, I wonder how the LAPD can simply decide to burn down a cabin.

I don't think they decided to burn it down, but tear gas canisters have been known to ignite fires before. If memory serves, the Patty Hearst kidnappers met their end in a similar fashion.

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 12:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wacco ended this way and after watching the documentary on that I learned lots.   The agents in charge did not intend to burn down the compound, but in that case the tear gas cannisters were not what did the damage.  Ripping through the walls of the house with heavy equipment seems to have ignited electrical fires.

--------------
"My progress was rendered delightful by the sylvan elegance of the groves, chearful meadows, and high distant forests, which in grand order presented themselves to view."~~William Bartram
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 1:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(buzzards @ Feb. 13 2013, 9:11 am)

(ataylor @ Feb. 13 2013, 8:51 am)

I don't think they decided to burn it down, but tear gas canisters have been known to ignite fires before. If memory serves, the Patty Hearst kidnappers met their end in a similar fashion.

Too early to tell who or what did the guy in...  but three good ways to lessen one's chance of walking out alive:

1.  kill a police
2.  arm and barricade oneself
3.  threaten to air out serious police laundry

Dorner struck all three.

--------------
 Post Number: 19
smokehiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 1:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ataylor @ Feb. 13 2013, 10:51 am)

Very far away from LAPD's jurisdiction, so I don't think they simply decided to burn anything.
 Post Number: 20
Walk it off

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 13 2013, 1:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Actually the police did intend to burn it down. CNN is playing back talk from the cops and someone is saying "Burn it down...Burn It down"  "Use Hot Gas". I'm pretty sure Dorner was firing back so I can't really find blame in that. The guy whos cabin it was was on CNN, I wonder if they are going to pay him for a new cabin?

--------------

Post Number: 21
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 17 2013, 10:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ah, yes, another highlight to our road trip - we missed all the excitement :p  My forest was basically on lockdown through this whole mess.

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
 Post Number: 22
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 17 2013, 10:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(magicmomma @ Feb. 13 2013, 10:28 am)
I have only just begun reading the lengthy manifesto he wrote.  I admit I cannot help wondering if he was telling the truth about the LAPD??

What if they really are just as corrupt as he claims?

If the LAPD is as bad as he claimed then it is even more horrific that he chose to eliminate all his credibility by killing 4 innocent people.

Serpico managed to get his story out without killing anyone.  Doner was just a piece of fecal matter.  

Instead of reading his manifesto read this and then use Doner's manifesto for its only legit purpose and be sure to flush:

Monica Quan, 28, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence, 27, were found shot in his car in the parking structure of their Irvine condominium complex on Feb. 3.

Quan was in her second year as assistant women's basketball coach at California State University, Fullerton – the culmination of her love for the game that began when she was a child.

A standout high school basketball player, Quan once dreamed of playing professionally for the Los Angeles Sparks. She had a reputation for being fiery and intense.

Quan met Lawrence while both were playing basketball at Concordia University in Irvine.

After several coaching jobs, she joined Fullerton, where she was known as "Coach Mo."

"I loved her work ethic. I loved her passion for life," head coach Marcia Foster said.

Quan's father, Randal, was the first Chinese-American captain in the Los Angeles Police Department. Later, as an attorney, he represented Dorner in the officer's failed appeal of his dismissal to a department Board of Rights.

Dorner allegedly posted an online rant naming Quan and others that says: "I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I'm terminating yours."
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 19 2013, 9:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've reached that conclusion already. You've got an excellent point.  And because I reached that conclusion I never read any more of it.    I had a former federal marshal tell me without me asking... that some of the worst fugitives they were tasked with running down they never find.  They just "get away". Then he went on to outline for me what he and others had personally done with these persons.  Including cutting them up and feeding them to the hogs.  

I  did not say a word back to him.  I would not trifle with that man.

I do not believe he was spinning me a yarn. I believe he was telling the truth.  It stood the hair up on the back of my neck.

I am not saying that serial killers, rapists, degenerates, and pedophiles deserve pity.  Far from it.

It showed me that law enforcement is crooked as a dogs hind leg.

He was a Vietnam vet. He had worked undercover in east KY and been part of the marshal service there.

The only reason I could come up with for him telling me was that he was ill and not long left for this world.

God will have to judge him and those who participated in those acts because I doubt any man ever will.

The same can probably be said of the LAPD.
I would love to believe Dorner was lying about the whole thing, but I don't have that luxury.
He couldn't have chosen a worse way to go about it.

Did they ever determine 1. if they found human remains in the cabin and 2. if so was it Dorner for sure?

IF that mutha got away they've got them a mountain of trouble lurking.

--------------
22 replies since Feb. 12 2013, 5:02 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Dorner pinned down on Big Bear
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions