2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Good People< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
RumiDude Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 1:29 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Reading the news can sometimes just get me down with all the politics, killing, cruelty, selfishness, etc in the world.  But then I pause and think of all the good people I know, all the good things from these good people, and realize I am glad to be alive.  These thoughts were inspired by listening to this song, Good People by Great Big Sea.  Give it a listen and hope you enjoy it.

Rumi

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
paula53 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 1:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I enjoyed that. Great song.
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 1:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So what is it I hope this thread accomplishes or does?  Not sure, but I just thought I needed to say it.  Post a song, write an essay, share a thought; just ask that it be upbeat and positive.  

I know a lot of good people, some of whom I met here on these forums.  Thanks for allowing me a space in your life.  Keep on being "good people".

Rumi

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 4
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 1:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Often times, when a door closes in our life, we are too busy to notice the other door begging to be opened.  Sometimes, all it takes is just being true to yourself.   Rumi and Dani have brought me more than a few bouts of laughter, and I am proud to call them friends.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 5
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 1:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 6
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 2:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 5:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Feb. 14 2013, 10:38 am)
Rumi and Dani have brought me more than a few bouts of laughter, and I am proud to call them friends.  

So you're sayin' you laugh at me.  hahaha  I think I can safely speak for Dani as well as myself, we are proud to call you our friend as well.

Rumi   <~~~~funny guy

--------------
 Post Number: 8
orygawn Search for posts by this member.
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 5:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Compared to me, all people are good people!
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 5:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(orygawn @ Feb. 14 2013, 2:05 pm)
Compared to me, all people are good people!

You gotta be good for something ...

Rumi

PS:  Dani and I were talkin' the other day and we both agreed it is our turn to come hike with you in your area.  Think about it if interested.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 5:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You do know he lives in the same town as me now, or he did the last I heard.  I have an extra bedroom for when you visit.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 7:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh, did not know that.  At least it is in his beloved Oregon.  I supposed he moved there for easy access to the Beavers.    hahaha

Rumi

--------------
 Post Number: 12
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 7:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sometimes a new take on a great classic is worth the listen.

Post Number: 13
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 7:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I raise my cup of tepid coffee to the good people.  The fear of not coming through for them is one of my strongest motivations.
 Post Number: 14
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 7:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bad can be good too....

Post Number: 15
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 9:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RumiDude @ Feb. 14 2013, 1:29 pm)
Reading the news can sometimes just get me down with all the politics, killing, cruelty, selfishness, etc in the world.  But then I pause and think of all the good people I know, all the good things from these good people, and realize I am glad to be alive.  These thoughts were inspired by listening to this song, Good People by Great Big Sea.  Give it a listen and hope you enjoy it.

Rumi

Dig it!

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 16
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 9:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Chuck D @ Feb. 14 2013, 1:49 pm)

<--Huge Sly fan. Excellent song.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 17
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 11:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 18
orygawn Search for posts by this member.
Sleeping Bag Man!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2013, 12:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RumiDude @ Feb. 14 2013, 4:19 pm)
Oh, did not know that.  At least it is in his beloved Oregon.  I supposed he moved there for easy access to the Beavers.    hahaha

Rumi

Actually I'm back in Bend.  I lured my sweetie up to the mountains.   :)  

We have plenty of room in the house, and are just 20 minutes from primo backpackin turf.   You are welcome any time.  Pick up Ol Zeke on your way!
17 replies since Feb. 14 2013, 1:29 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Good People
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions