2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Show Us Your DEAD ANIMAL Photo(s), Found on trails, not hunting kills.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 12:25 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Seen any gruesome carcasses?  Do show and tell.  Bonus points for dead zombies/werewolves.

Here's mine -- an unfortunate pony done in by wolves in the Mongolian grasslands bordering the Gobi Desert:

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ashepabst Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 2:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
      /\    /\/\        / \       / \
 /\/   \ /      \  /\ /    \-^/    \^.   /\
/   \    \        \/  \       \ /       \ \ /  \ /\
     \     \       \    \       /          \/     /   \
                           \    /             \
 Post Number: 3
OldGuyWalkin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 2:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

IT'S A DRAGON!!

photo Dragons_zps89332f05.jpg

OK. Maybe it's just a fish
 Post Number: 4
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 3:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, as long as we're counting skeletons...

Snake Vertebrae

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 5
red dog Search for posts by this member.
Elev  2,180'

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 4:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
Arizona
 Post Number: 6
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 4:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Spine in a tree:

Post Number: 7
liv4mtns Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 4:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yellowstone National Park...Little America area.

--------------
Kevin.

Bozeman MT / Winder GA.

http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 5:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 01 2013, 5:29 pm)

(RedDoug @ Mar. 01 2013, 4:41 pm)
I suppose this is more politically correct (acceptable) than "Show us a picture of your gun" thread.

Or should I have used a ? at the end of that sentence?

Red, what you saw by that thread being removed is real time big brother deciding what you get to read or not.

Just how it is in 2013, get used to it!

Yeah, fyi... your freshly killed deer right there is going to get this thread removed too.

Ages ago some oversensitive ninny had their delicate sensibilities offended by a similar picture and complained to the moderator.

Blame whiny forum participants.  It's your peer group needing mollycoddling, not "big brother".
 Post Number: 9
Elev  2,180'

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 6:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, since this thread is going to get deleted anyway, let's do some more guns:

--------------
Arizona
 Post Number: 10
RedDoug Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 6:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(red dog @ Mar. 01 2013, 6:15 pm)
Well, since this thread is going to get deleted anyway, let's do some more guns:

That is a beauty, for sure.  Those mountain men with their black powder firearms earned every mile they made.  

Nothing quite like the smell of black powder wafting in the air on a nice fall day.

I wonder how much that pistol weighs.

I have a nice light weight .22 pistol  that is very nice for backpacking and shooting snakes.  A dead rattler dangling from a stick would fit in nice on this thread.....

I guess one will have to use their imagination.

--------------
Everything is in Walking Distance
 Post Number: 11
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 6:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Mar. 01 2013, 5:45 pm)

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 01 2013, 5:29 pm)

(RedDoug @ Mar. 01 2013, 4:41 pm)
I suppose this is more politically correct (acceptable) than "Show us a picture of your gun" thread.

Or should I have used a ? at the end of that sentence?

Red, what you saw by that thread being removed is real time big brother deciding what you get to read or not.

Just how it is in 2013, get used to it!

Yeah, fyi... your freshly killed deer right there is going to get this thread removed too.

Ages ago some oversensitive ninny had their delicate sensibilities offended by a similar picture and complained to the moderator.

Blame whiny forum participants.  It's your peer group needing mollycoddling, not "big brother".

I stand corrected.

*bows*

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 6:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 01 2013, 6:51 pm)
I stand corrected.

*bows*

No need yo.  *curtsies gracelessly*  lol.

Seriously tho, they don't care here as long as what we post doesn't violate the TOS and no one complains.

Bp2go is like the honey badger,  only with a tequila habit and a server powered by gerbils.
 Post Number: 13
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 7:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RedDoug @ Mar. 01 2013, 6:30 pm)

(red dog @ Mar. 01 2013, 6:15 pm)

I wonder how much that pistol weighs.

Those old hand cannons are pretty hefty.  I mounted one in a shadow box for a customer a few years back.  Took some serious engineering.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 14
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 7:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

From my backyard trail.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 15
Elev  2,180'

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 7:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Golden Eagle lower Pryor Canyon Gila Wilderness

--------------
Arizona
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 7:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Mar. 01 2013, 6:59 pm)

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 01 2013, 6:51 pm)
I stand corrected.

*bows*

No need yo.  *curtsies gracelessly*  lol.

Seriously tho, they don't care here as long as what we post doesn't violate the TOS and no one complains.

Bp2go is like the honey badger,  only with a tequila habit and a server powered by gerbils.

*kisses back of your hand on bended knee*

Thanks, read the TOS and will hope for the best.

I'll restrain my cat also, he hate gerbils!

*cat drools, meows "yum yum"*

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 7:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Now if we could just get the original rubberband "handgun" picture back up we could continue a very good discussion.

This forum is invected with over zealous missionaries for a certain world view.  I am tempted to use the word "church" but will refrain from using that word.

--------------
 Post Number: 18
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 8:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

@ RedDoug:

Do you mind starting your own gun exhibition / discussion thread instead of continually going on a tangent here in my thread? I really don't want this thread yanked.  Muchas gracias!

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 19
wycanislatrans Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 8:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You are all creepy.

In a good way.
 Post Number: 20
pass-thru Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 9:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

dead animals can be beautiful

Post Number: 21
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 9:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I worry about you guys. ???

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 22
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 9:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 23

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 9:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 01 2013, 8:04 pm)
@ RedDoug:

Do you mind starting your own gun exhibition / discussion thread instead of continually going on a tangent here in my thread? I really don't want this thread yanked.  Muchas gracias!

Correction accepted graceously.  

np.

--------------
 Post Number: 24
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 9:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wolf killed Bull Elk:

Another Wolf killed Bull...

Bighorn Sheep run into a barbed wire fence by (likely) a juvenile male wolf... cut up badly and died later. Called FWP and they came and took it away...

If a hwy is a trail then this counts... car-killed wolf. This is a 2-year old female I watched from a pup... ignoble way to die for sure. Too bad. Called FWP and they came and took the carcass away...

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. – Socrates
 Post Number: 25
Mountaintana Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 10:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 01 2013, 12:25 pm)
Seen any gruesome carcasses?  Do show and tell.  Bonus points for dead zombies/werewolves.

Here's mine -- an unfortunate pony done in by wolves in the Mongolian grasslands bordering the Gobi Desert:

Well this is somewhat of a disturbing discussion. I am an avid outdoorsman as well as a hunter. Im not offended by the pictures below, but what an odd subject. As a hunter, I have zero pictures of me, my game, or of me and my game posing together. All of the hunting I have done in my lifetime is locked into my memory as positive moments with not a single picture. Why would a hunter be critisized for ethics when crap like this is going on between hikers. Just wondering?
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 10:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Get a grip... death is part of life. You haven't been living in the real part of it if you don't recognize that.

--------------
 Post Number: 27

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 10:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(liv4mtns @ Mar. 01 2013, 2:44 pm)
Yellowstone National Park...Little America area.

Beautiful photo Kevin!

--------------
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 10:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Mountaintana @ Mar. 01 2013, 10:03 pm)

(Ben2World @ Mar. 01 2013, 12:25 pm)

Well this is somewhat of a disturbing discussion. I am an avid outdoorsman as well as a hunter. Im not offended by the pictures below, but what an odd subject. As a hunter, I have zero pictures of me, my game, or of me and my game posing together. All of the hunting I have done in my lifetime is locked into my memory as positive moments with not a single picture. Why would a hunter be critisized for ethics when crap like this is going on between hikers. Just wondering?

Agenda driven double standards with a sprinkle of hypocrisy perhaps?

We get heavy doses of it in New York from the antis on a regular and steady basis. They won't rest until every hunter is driven from the woods and they control every leaf, twig, trail and tree.

Their doing a hell of a job grabbing guns here since Adam Lanza went off the deep end too!

--------------

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 29

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 10:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

New Yorker... it all makes sense now.

--------------
 Post Number: 30

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 01 2013, 10:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

How about a living creature perched on a dead one?

--------------
108 replies since Mar. 01 2013, 12:25 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Show Us Your DEAD ANIMAL Photo(s)
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions