2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: 3...2...1 jump! 3...2...1 eeeeehhh!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Dave Senesac Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 4:27 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Anyone that has stood on the edge of a jump whether with bunji attached or atop a rock jumping into a lake knows the feeling.

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopi....yooooou

--------------
...David

http://davidsenesac.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 4:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I had watched that video earlier in the week.  Funny as it was, I'm not completely convinced it wasn't staged.  If it wasn't, however, that boyfriend was really stupid to push her.  Suppose in her fear, she grabbed a hold of his shirt, with the type of grip one would have when fearing for their life, and dragged him along with her.  Buh-bye boyfriend!!

So it's either real, stupid (on the part of the BF), and funny...or fake and funny.

ETA: I did start laughing uncontrollably though, when the camera man counted down for about the 100th time.

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 4:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I parachuted once -- 33 years ago.  Nothing at all in these 33 years even come remotely close to the intense fear I felt back then -- the two minutes or so right to the instant I made the jump.  Even now, I can 'make' sweaty palms instantly just by thinking about it.

@ Eastie -- I believe the BF was already connected to his own cable.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 4
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 4:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

At their age, it may be sad that this is the best thing that will happen to them in their life.  

As for the guy who shoved his GF, he needs this to be shown to every person he dates.  He deserves to live his life in abstinence of human love and caring.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 5
JRinGeorgia Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 5:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

C'mon Zeke, tell us how you really feel...

I agree it is thoughtless to push anyone over a cliff, even firmly secured. Anyone who takes that 'swing' needs to take the last step themselves.

--------------
- JRinGeorgia
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 5:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 06 2013, 4:39 pm)
@ Eastie -- I believe the BF was already connected to his own cable.

Ah, I hadn't noticed that when I watched it the first time, and can't watch it again right now.  That would make more sense, and make the video more believable.

I just couldn't fathom someone taking that sort of risk, for a "joke".

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 7
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 5:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(JRinGeorgia @ Mar. 06 2013, 2:09 pm)
C'mon Zeke, tell us how you really feel...

I agree it is thoughtless to push anyone over a cliff, even firmly secured. Anyone who takes that 'swing' needs to take the last step themselves.

True... although she was there for, like, how many separate countdowns?  Five?  To me, she clearly  wanted to jump and would likely have been disappointed on her way home, if she hadn't been pushed to accomplishment.  Of course, she is the sole judge, but my hunch is that she both "hated" and was also relieved of his help.

Having said the above, if that jump ended in any mishap, that fool BF of hers would never live it down (or be allowed to).

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 5:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 06 2013, 5:35 pm)
...she was there for, like, how many separate countdowns?  Five?

That to me was the funniest part of the video, and it was more like a dozen or so times that they do they countdown in the full video.  

I love the punishment you get on a tough trail.  That moment when the mental has to overtake the physical.  I love the thrill of exposure (even if it's scary at that moment).  But you will never catch me doing something like that or skydiving.  Just not my cuppa tea!!

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Dave Senesac Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 06 2013, 6:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A similar kind of feeling occurs when one is in the seat of a roller coaster as it is ka-chunk ka-chunk up to the top of what always is the highest steepest scariest drop and  is counting down 3...2...1

except  it IS gonna happen no matter how much you are thinking NO I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS  :O

David :O

--------------
...David

http://davidsenesac.com
 Post Number: 10
hiking_tiger Search for posts by this member.
sekk, plyndre, og deretter brenne

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 07 2013, 4:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 06 2013, 3:39 pm)
I parachuted once -- 33 years ago.  Nothing at all in these 33 years even come remotely close to the intense fear I felt back then -- the two minutes or so right to the instant I made the jump.  Even now, I can 'make' sweaty palms instantly just by thinking about it.

There's nothing natural about jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.  :;):

--------------
“Sometimes you have to be ready to receive the information before it can take hold.” – C. Schwarz

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” – Attributed to the Buddhism tradition…
9 replies since Mar. 06 2013, 4:27 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply 3...2...1 jump! 3...2...1 eeeeehhh!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions