2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Whatever happened to.....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
pass-thru Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 9:26 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

...........the boxes????
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 10:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(pass-thru @ Mar. 15 2013, 9:26 pm)
...........the boxes????

I miss the boxes. I miss trying to get boxes.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 3
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 15 2013, 10:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You wan boxes?  I can ******* tell you how to get boxes.
 Post Number: 4
waterdog Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is rather cryptic.

--------------
I'm more comfortable with unanswered questions than I am with unquestioned answers.
 Post Number: 5
pass-thru Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I always felt like I carried the flare of a peacock with a few boxes.
 Post Number: 6
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(waterdog @ Mar. 15 2013, 10:28 pm)
This is rather cryptic.

It would be to newer members.  But since you asked...

Probably 3(?) years or so ago -- our beloved moderator had it upon himself to institute a penalty system.  Insult a member and you get a warning.   Do it again and you get a card (which shows up right under your avatar -- like the 2 fake ones that eyebp just "awarded" himself above).  Accumulate 5 cards and you're kicked off for good.

A few people got themselves kicked off that way -- mostly in the Politics branch.  Don't know why, but that system was in place for about a year or two and then removed.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 7
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Mar. 15 2013, 10:04 pm)

(pass-thru @ Mar. 15 2013, 9:26 pm)
...........the boxes????

I miss the boxes. I miss trying to get boxes.

AWESOME! I have boxes!

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 16 2013, 1:35 pm)

This is rather cryptic.

Probably 3(?) years or so ago -- our beloved moderator had it upon himself to institute a penalty system.  Insult a member and you get a warning.   Do it again and you get a card (which shows up right under your avatar -- like the 2 fake ones that eyebp just "awarded" himself above).  Accumulate 5 cards and you're kicked off for good.

A few people got themselves kicked off that way -- mostly in the Politics branch.  Don't know why, but that system was in place for about a year or two and then removed.

Like Spirit Coyote. She is on my FB. I miss TNB and .......Why can't I think of his name?

--------------
 Post Number: 9
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Mar. 16 2013, 1:42 pm)

This is rather cryptic.

Like Spirit Coyote. She is on my FB. I miss TNB and .......Why can't I think of his name?

Boot dude that hated pigs.

--------------
 Post Number: 10
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

BobbyC. How could I forget him?

--------------
 Post Number: 11
red dog Search for posts by this member.
Elev  2,180'

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I never have had a box
And I'm as much of a pr!ck as some of those other guys

--------------
Arizona
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(red dog @ Mar. 16 2013, 10:46 am)
I never have had a box
And I'm as much of a pr!ck as some of those others guys

But have you gotten PM warnings?   :D

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 13
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(red dog @ Mar. 16 2013, 1:46 pm)
I never have had a box

I think these are my first.
I'm pretty sure it was because I didn't give a scat and said I would just come back as someone else if I got booted off the boards.   :D
I remember going off on a couple people pretty hard. One of them when he wasn't even here to defend himself.  That went on for days. :laugh: I actually apologized to that guy.

--------------
 Post Number: 14
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 16 2013, 1:49 pm)

I never have had a box

I have. Steve and I have chatted quite frequently. He also actually busted me before I could fully unleash my troll, ikonboard, when we were having all the log on issues.

--------------
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 1:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is rather cryptic.

Thanks for the "insider" info!

That explains, in part, why this forum is so unusually civil and sane compared to many others.

--------------
I'm more comfortable with unanswered questions than I am with unquestioned answers.
 Post Number: 16
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 2:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I remember TNB - rather prolific, and a pretty good avatar (I lurked for a year or two before I actually created an account).  Looked like some sort of guady pro wrestler.  ikonboard - it was pretty obvious who was behind that.  :cool:
 Post Number: 17
red dog Search for posts by this member.
Elev  2,180'

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 2:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 16 2013, 11:49 am)

I never have had a box
And I'm as much of a pr!ck as some of those other guys

Nope
I think the moderator is scared of me

--------------
Arizona
 Post Number: 18
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 2:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(reubenstump @ Mar. 16 2013, 2:26 pm)
I remember TNB - rather prolific, and a pretty good avatar (I lurked for a year or two before I actually created an account).  Looked like some sort of guady pro wrestler.  ikonboard - it was pretty obvious who was behind that.  :cool:

His avatar was Ric Flair. AKA, The Nature Boy.

--------------
 Post Number: 19
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 2:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If everyone gets them it will be like the Star Bellied Sneetches and they will mean nothing, *****.

--------------
 Post Number: 20
Lorax Search for posts by this member.
Cultured hillbilly swine

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 3:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Mar. 16 2013, 2:43 pm)

His persona here was much different than over at the other forum he was on. I always found it very funny how differently he conducted himself on the two boards. I asked him publicly about it here when he would attack people on a regular basis and he wouldn't ever reply to me.  :laugh:
 Post Number: 21
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 3:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lorax @ Mar. 16 2013, 3:29 pm)

His persona here was much different than over at the other forum he was on. I always found it very funny how differently he conducted himself on the two boards. I asked him publicly about it here when he would attack people on a regular basis and he wouldn't ever reply to me.  :laugh:

He almost never replied to me. Neither did Pros. I liked both of them but  think Pros had me on iggy.
I remember that you knew/know Pros pretty well. Whats he up to?

--------------
 Post Number: 22
Buggyboo Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 3:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(waterdog @ Mar. 16 2013, 1:59 pm)

This is rather cryptic.

Thanks for the "insider" info!

That explains, in part, why this forum is so unusually civil and sane compared to many others.

Just don't mention guns!

--------------
"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Charlton Heston
 Post Number: 23
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 4:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Mar. 16 2013, 1:52 pm)

I never have had a box

I have. Steve and I have chatted quite frequently. He also actually busted me before I could fully unleash my troll, ikonboard, when we were having all the log on issues.

I wonder if any of my puppet accounts are still out there...

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 4:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Mar. 16 2013, 1:05 pm)

I never have had a box

Steve took away my Oskar67.  I'm still upset at him!   :O

He also took away FirstLadyLaura -- not mine -- but I thought she was classy.   :;):

--------------
 Post Number: 25
Lorax Search for posts by this member.
Cultured hillbilly swine

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 4:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Mar. 16 2013, 3:43 pm)

He almost never replied to me. Neither did Pros. I liked both of them but  think Pros had me on iggy.

Pros is doing great, as usual. Still bagging a ton of nights enjoying life up at his place in northern WI where I visit and spend a few days at a time.
We hang out, cook amazing meals, fish, hunt, kayak and hike. We've done a lot of mutiday trips together too.
He's into the Birkenbiner ski race (a big deal and internationally known ski race ) and places really high in his category. The rest of the time, he's busy with projects down south of here near his other home.

He's a great guy.
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 4:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Buggyboo @ Mar. 16 2013, 3:55 pm)
Just don't mention guns!

I didn't, except on the "Are you packing?" thread. And then, only two: FatMan, my .44, and LittleBoy, my .38. :cool:

--------------
 Post Number: 27
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 5:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lorax @ Mar. 16 2013, 4:26 pm)

(eyebp @ Mar. 16 2013, 3:43 pm)

Pros is doing great, as usual. Still bagging a ton of nights enjoying life up at his place in northern WI where I visit and spend a few days at a time.
We hang out, cook amazing meals, fish, hunt, kayak and hike. We've done a lot of mutiday trips together too.
He's into the Birkenbiner ski race (a big deal and internationally known ski race ) and places really high in his category. The rest of the time, he's busy with projects down south of here near his other home.

He's a great guy.

Cool. Tell him I said hello. Although he will probably just ignore that you said it. lol. Glad he is doing well.

--------------
 Post Number: 28
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 5:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 16 2013, 2:10 pm)

I never have had a box

He also took away FirstLadyLaura -- not mine -- but I thought she was classy.   :;):

I still have a sock puppet that has gone undetected thus far.  I  drive it around the block once in a while, like a 66 Cuda....

We haven't had anyone worthy of that type of attention in some time.  I'd say we're about due.
 Post Number: 29
Bulldog Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 5:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Ben2World @ Mar. 16 2013, 4:10 pm)

I never have had a box

I remember Oskar67. Was that really you or did that one go over my head?
I was lurking during the box-fest so I never received any. Either way, I'm a lover not a fighter so I likely wouldn't have received any anyway.
 Post Number: 30
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2013, 5:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I figgered it was something like that.
51 replies since Mar. 15 2013, 9:26 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Whatever happened to.....
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions