2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: UPS takes my package on a world tour< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
nogods Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 2:17 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Package was supposed to be delivered to me in Buffalo, NY yesterday.  

Soon people will be sending me pictures of themselves with my package from cities all over the world.  

Here is the tracking information to date (reverse order - it is now in Shrewsbury):

Shrewsbury, MA, United States 04/05/2013
East Syracuse, NY, United States 04/03/2013
Buffalo, NY, United States 04/03/2013
Hodgkins, IL, United States 04/02/2013
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 2:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks like it just forgot to get off the bus in Buffalo.
 Post Number: 3
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 3:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm getting a Fed-Ex package this morning. It's three days early.

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 3:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey Shrewsbury is a nice town (and was home to the last surviving American from the Titanic).  I'll take a ride through and look for any lonely packages!

Actually, based on the progression it looks like it's heading to Boston.  I'll take a picture when I get it. :D

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 5
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 3:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I gave a negative review to Amazon for their packing and shipping on a recent order. They gave me a date range with the earliest delivery day, three days away. So, I planned a two day out of town event.

The very next afternoon, the package showed up as I was getting ready to leave. If I had already left, the package would have been sitting outside for those two days.

So, is it possible that they're sending your package on the slow boat to China so that it will arrive during the promised time?

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 6
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 5:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A lot of shippers have been using UPS "Postal Select".  UPS ships to it to your locality, then drops it off at the post office for delivery.  Problem is, if the post office has any delivery issues, it gets sent all the way back to the shipper, not to the local UPS office.

All to save a few cents...
 Post Number: 7
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 5:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Apr. 05 2013, 5:11 pm)
A lot of shippers have been using UPS "Postal Select".  UPS ships to it to your locality, then drops it off at the post office for delivery.  Problem is, if the post office has any delivery issues, it gets sent all the way back to the shipper, not to the local UPS office.

All to save a few cents...

Yep, that happened to me once.  UPS got something to the local PO, where it sat for three days before being sent back to California without any attempted delivery.  The vendor had printed my street address on the second address line instead of the top address line. The USPS interpreted as missing an address altogether.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 5:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Every time I ship something through the post office I first have to buy postage for the delivery service, then I have to buy a receipt to prove they actually did what I paid them to do, then I have to buy insurance in case they don't do what I paid them to do.  What the hell is the postage for?
 Post Number: 9
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Glacier detail

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 5:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Isn't sending your package in the mail against the law, regardless of whether it's attached or not, alive or dead, etc.?
 Post Number: 10
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 6:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Is this 'world tour' like baseball's "world" series??  :D

Kidding aside, I hope your package will find its way to you soon!

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 11
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 6:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The other day I had a cell phone replacement from insurance and someone had to be home to sign for it. So as a sub I can take a day easily, and I was up at 6 with my husband but at 9 AM I got a email saying they had tried to deliver, no one was home so they would try again Monday. I look fed ex up and there is no local number but I call and get a recording asking which country I'm calling from. Then a live person who took my message. A bit later I get a call from the local saying she couldn't come back that day but had left a note on my door. I looked and there was no tag. She asked me to describe the house and had tried the wrong house. So within 45 minutes she brought it back to me.

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 12
Tallgrass Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 05 2013, 11:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I had a delivery similar to the OP once. I live in NE iowa, package was sent fro tTennessee. Sent to Memphis, Kansas City, St Louis, Chicago, Minneapolis, Omaha, Des Moines, finally to me. Quite the circling decent.
 Post Number: 13
TJCeeJay Search for posts by this member.
Take a Hike!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2013, 6:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Love USPS, hate UPS. If yer a Canadian, don't even THINK of getting anything sent to Canada from abroad through UPS. They charge you Customs and Duties that are sometime 300+% above the original cost of the product being shipped. I've had to send back several packages because of the charges UPS adds. The worst was some #10 cans of Ova Easy Eggs and Morning Moo powdered chocolate milk. The original cost including shipping was around $250.00. Which I paid to Walton Feed (now Rainy Day Foods) when I ordered. When I got the package the "customs and duties" charges were over $600.00. UPS can kiss my you know what.

Sorry 'bout the thread hijack! But I hate UPS.

--------------
MAY THE WIND BE ALWAYS AT YOUR BACK, AND THE PATH ALWAYS RISE UP TO MEET YOUR FEET.
 Post Number: 14
bbobb169 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2013, 8:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(nogods @ Apr. 05 2013, 3:35 pm)
Every time I ship something through the post office I first have to buy postage for the delivery service, then I have to buy a receipt to prove they actually did what I paid them to do, then I have to buy insurance in case they don't do what I paid them to do.  What the hell is the postage for?

Last I checked they don't force you to buy a delivery receipt or insurance.
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2013, 9:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(bbobb169 @ Apr. 07 2013, 8:52 pm)

(nogods @ Apr. 05 2013, 3:35 pm)

Last I checked they don't force you to buy a delivery receipt or insurance.

No, they don't force you to buy a delivery receipt or insurance.  But here is how the conservation goes:

Clerk: "Would you like to purchase a delivery receipt?"

Me: "What is that for?"

Clerk:  "So you will know whether or not it was delivered."

Me: "If you aren't going to deliver it, then I shouldn't have to pay for postage in the first place...."

Clerk: "Well, you could also purchase insurance."

Me:  "Why would I do that?"

Clerk:  "In case the package doesn't get delivered..."

Me:  "What's the postage for?  So you can buy more of those "next window" signs?"

Reminds me of the guy who rented a lakeside cottage in Vermont.  He went to a boathouse to rent a boat to go fishing.  The owner said "A boat is $15 per day."  He asked "how mush is the deposit?"  The owner said "A deposit?  Why would I want you to pay a deposit?"  The man said "In case I don't bring the boat back, don't you want a deposit?"  To which the owner replied "If you aren't going to bring it back, then I'm not going to rent it to you in the first place."
 Post Number: 16
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2013, 9:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

UPS is ok if someone is home but here they will leave a package by the door.  I've seen a slight reroute during tracking and couldn't meet my package.  Has not happened to me but around Xmas, there were burglaries of packages left by the door.  

USPS: I use the USPS automating kiosk that generates a bar code; my selling app scans it and then it's monitored enroute to the buyer.

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
15 replies since Apr. 05 2013, 2:17 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply UPS takes my package on a world tour
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions