2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Last graduation, For a while at least.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 10:19 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, just got back from Bozeman where I watched my last child graduate from college yesterday  - Montana State University.  Kind of satisfying although I really don't care much for that kind of "pomp and circumstance".  Got to hand to this guy financially speaking.  With grants, scholarships, minimum loans and working 35 hours a week and full time in the summers, he paid for almost all of it himself.  Now comes the hard part.  It's called "life". Don't know if he's quite aware of that yet, but I guess he soon will be. But then, maybe it's like he said, there's always graduate school. :p

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 10:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Congratulations!
 Post Number: 3
swimswithtrout Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 10:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Buck up Jer ! You're probably the oldest person here that doesn't have a lap full of Grandkid's crawling all over you !

That will be your next life-moment...

Congrats !!

--------------
Want to see The Wind River Range in widescreen 1080p ?
 Post Number: 4
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 10:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(swimswithtrout @ May 05 2013, 10:28 pm)
Buck up Jer ! You're probably the oldest person here that doesn't have a lap full of Grandkid's crawling all over you !

LOL.  And it may well stay that way if what all my children say is true. So far none of them show the least indication of wanting to propagate the species.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 5
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 05 2013, 10:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Congrat's Jer... was on campus yesterday morning and somehow hadn't quite realized graduation was going on til I got stuck in traffic!

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. – Socrates
 Post Number: 6
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 12:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Definitely congratulations! I'm sure your stable influence was a big factor in your kids' success. Well done!

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 12:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ May 05 2013, 8:31 pm)

LOL.  And it may well stay that way if what all my children say is true. So far none of them show the least indication of wanting to propagate the species.

Good for them. No hurry. That too is good for the species.

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
 Post Number: 8
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 1:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Congratulations! That has to feel great.

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 9
Roscue2 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 4:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Congrats! 3 more yrs for me! :D
 Post Number: 10
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 4:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ May 05 2013, 8:31 pm)

Smart kids.  :;):

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 11
fifeplayer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 06 2013, 9:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ May 05 2013, 10:19 pm)
But then, maybe it's like he said, there's always graduate school. :p

Yes, yes there is.
#terrifiedofthenextgraduation

Grats!Paying his own way through school speaks well for his ability to deal with "life" as it comes.  :)
 Post Number: 12
nogods Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2013, 6:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Congrats!

I've got two graduating this weekend - my third daughter (and youngest) graduates from college on Saturday, my second daughter graduates from law school on Monday.  The youngest will be going for a masters and then likely a PHD, so it ain't over yet.
 Post Number: 13
peeb Search for posts by this member.
Let's see who's been naughty, and who's been naughty!

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2013, 10:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great news!  Congratulations to him and the best of luck in "life!"  :)  You've done a great job raising them.

One of my nieces is graduating from Virginia Tech in a week or so - but she is postponing life for nursing school (what a great head she's got on her shoulders).  My son will be the next of the cousins to graduate from college - a long way off from now, LOL.

--------------
It's all so simple when you break it down scientifically - Nick Bakay
 Post Number: 14
Ketoka Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2013, 2:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good for you!  Congratulations to him.
 Post Number: 15
GoWest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2013, 3:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Congrats to you and him!
I can say I know how it feels, my two oldest children (2 yrs apart in age) both graduated from college (Bob Jones Univ.) last Friday, May 3.
Say hello to the real world and bills - for them.
Say hello to decreased car insurance and cell phone bills, etc.........
I still have one left though, a 14 year old.

--------------
Kiss my days, light up my nights.
 Post Number: 16
mtngrl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2013, 3:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, a huge congratulations to you, your wife, and son on thatJ!  Quite an accomplishment.

--------------
”Every tree was dripping and the creeks had swollen. It occurred to me that I had achieved a rare thing: I was living at the center of my heart’s geography. And I knew it.”- Bryce Andrews, Badluck Way
 Post Number: 17
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 07 2013, 3:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Uuuuuuuuh, no.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
16 replies since May 05 2013, 10:19 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Last graduation
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions