2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Good Evening!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
4wheelbob Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 2:33 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I promised I'd be here more frequently. I haven't been. I'm sorry.....friends?

Been looking for work since November, and there are not a lot of openings for "wheelchair hiking guru". I've looked everywhere. So instead, I'm starting to build up more street cred, coming to you in late August, most likely:

http://www.sfchronicle.com/outdoor....919.php

Ain't it a conundrum that when not working there's sooooo much time on your hands, but you lack the resources to get away from it for a few days?

Life. It's what's for dinner.

It seemed like a good time to cross the Sierra, with time on my hands and too much time spent watching the paint dry. so...it's ON.

I'll keep you in the loop. Promise. Most of you know where to find me if I eff up. Know that I have lost not a single ounce of affection for anyone here, just been too busy looking at pics of who had what for breakfast or what cat and dawg stories arise from the sanctity of a catbox.

Have a wonderful evening! Look forward to being here more!  :)
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 6:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Good to see you around!  Drop by, say Hi, and stay out of TPA.  That's a recipe for good times.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." áSteve McQueen
 Post Number: 3
2itchyfeet Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 8:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Missed your posts and stories, good to see you back.
 Post Number: 4
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 9:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Who are you?

:D

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 5
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 10:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Welcome back.

Crossing the Sierra? Do you mean wheeling the chair on the paved roads or doing the trail/forest roads type of crossing?

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 6
Pathfinder1 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 10:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi...

Wishing you the best of luck, 4wheelbob. Gopher it...!!
 Post Number: 7
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 12:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey, Bob, saw the article and thought it'd be fun to help out.  I'm actually around much of August so let me know if there are openings on the support team.

DD, according to the full article in the Chron, we're talking trails all the way.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 8
4wheelbob Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 12:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Rebecca, having a couple extra hands will certainly help with any water issues along the way. It'd be wonderful to have you on board!

DD, it's a 33 mile route on trail over one 12,000' pass. This will be the perfect year as streams will be low and residual snowpack nil.

The route's easy to trace - Onion Valley to Kearsarge Pass to the JMT (briefly) and Bubbs Creek trail into Kings Canyon. I'll scout it a bit in the next couple of weeks.  :)
 Post Number: 9
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013, 12:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Go Bob!

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
8 replies since May 13 2013, 2:33 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Good Evening!
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions