2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Coloradoans will smoke 2.2 milllion oz's of pot, Not a study I like< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
swimswithtrout Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 16 2013, 11:32 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

According to a recently study from CSU,  642,772 Colorado residents will partake of the new legality of marijuana and consume over 2.2 million ounces (142,000 POUNDS) of pot in 2014 with the average user toking down 3.5 oz's. The retail price is expected to fall to an average of $185/ oz.

I assume highpeakdrifter will be keeping up his fair share of our new revenue source.

Full Story

--------------
Want to see The Wind River Range in widescreen 1080p ?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
bbobb169 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 16 2013, 11:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's what they wanted.......  Glad I live where I live and not there, I'd probably move.   ???
 Post Number: 3
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 12:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What about this study?

Smoking marijuana linked to lower diabetes risk in study.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 4
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 12:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you grow it, they will smoke it.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 5
llamapacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 12:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Probably not much different than what would be consumed if it weren't legal.  Don't partake myself, but I was disappointed that Oregon didn't legalize pot in our last election.  
Don't bogart that joint my friend.
 Post Number: 6
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 1:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cool! About time the harmless weed stopped being demonized.
 Post Number: 7
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 4:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe it's about time we stopped funding the likes of Columbian drug lords and started funding our own state governments instead. 33 gallons of beer per person is no better, but we don't outlaw that.

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness Maps — Rocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 8
GottaGamble Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 6:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just curious with this law? Are you allowed to grow your own? Where is the weed from?

--------------
www.mybackpacking.blog.com

"Of all the paths you choose in life, make sure some of them are dirt"
                                      author unknown
 Post Number: 9
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 7:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not a smoker myself, and I do not support the law, but it's a very complex issue with many sides.

Isn't this a political issue?
 Post Number: 10
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 8:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cgaphiker @ May 16 2013, 11:04 pm)

While weed isn't as harmful as tobacco and alcohol, it is not entirely harmless.

It should be legal nationwide and there should be a national reeferendum put to the people but that will never happen cuz it would put several government agencies out of business or significantly reduce their workforce.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 11
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 8:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(cgaphiker @ May 17 2013, 1:04 am)

No intoxicant is harmless.  We use them because they do things to us.  No thing done to us is consequence-free.

I want weed 100% as legal as alcohol, so it can be equally as studied and those who are affected negatively by it's use can be helped medically.

With use in CO exploding the stoner population is about to become a live, observable, quantifiable human trial of it's overall effects.

In particular, for personal reasons obviously, I'd like to see this study reproduced on humans.  I would find some value in the results regardless of what they showed.
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 8:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Unless we were free to grow our own plants/crops I would rather the government not get involved and legalize it because I am sure it would be a heavy tax..like tobacco has become.

--------------

author unknown
 Post Number: 13
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 9:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GottaGamble @ May 17 2013, 8:53 am)
Unless we were free to grow our own plants/crops I would rather the government not get involved and legalize it because I am sure it would be a heavy tax..like tobacco has become.

Some medical weed states already allow you to grow, within limits.  

Here's a list.

When I lived in MD, there were 3 farms on our street who dedicated their front fields to growing tobacco.  They never bought cigarettes from the store.

You can totally avoid tax with a little agriculture.  :)
 Post Number: 14
OverUnder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 9:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I believe the current idea for tax on weed will come in at around 25% not including local taxes.  I don't believe the recreational part of the law allows growing your own but if you have your medical card you can grow for your own needs.  There will be some people who will try it out of curiosity but its just bringing the people who already use out of the shadows, and not all of them will come out completely.  After a few years you won't really see any difference in the amount of use or users.  After other states see how it goes in CO and WA it will start to become more the normal and may finally be brought up seriously at a federal level.
 Post Number: 15
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 9:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Meh. Probably the same usage as before. Except it's out in the open more, even thought it was pretty out there. And like Travis said less funding to Tony Montana.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 9:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I agree..dont most people smoke pot? Im not saying chronic pot head..but an occasional bowl or joint? Really, its not the worst thing to do if done responsiby..

--------------

author unknown
 Post Number: 17

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 9:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Weed is the gateway drug. Everyone knows that. After you smoke it 4 times or more you're declared insane. But yes, I'd say more people smoke it than the average non smoker knows.
 Post Number: 18
cgaphiker Search for posts by this member.
Hen Wallow Falls

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 12:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ May 17 2013, 8:52 am)

(cgaphiker @ May 17 2013, 1:04 am)

No intoxicant is harmless.  We use them because they do things to us.  No thing done to us is consequence-free.

I want weed 100% as legal as alcohol, so it can be equally as studied and those who are affected negatively by it's use can be helped medically.

With use in CO exploding the stoner population is about to become a live, observable, quantifiable human trial of it's overall effects.

In particular, for personal reasons obviously, I'd like to see this study reproduced on humans.  I would find some value in the results regardless of what they showed.

Of course nothing is totally harmless. One can die from drinking too much water.
I would be interested in that study myself.
 Post Number: 19
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 12:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GottaGamble @ May 17 2013, 9:14 am)
I agree..dont most people smoke pot? Im not saying chronic pot head..but an occasional bowl or joint? Really, its not the worst thing to do if done responsiby..

Not if they have a job that drug tests on a regular basis and has a near zero tolerance policy.

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 20
mjeck Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 12:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Further degradation of American society. More impaired drivers on the road.
 Post Number: 21
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 12:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Chuck D @ May 17 2013, 10:26 am)

(GottaGamble @ May 17 2013, 9:14 am)

Not if they have a job that drug tests on a regular basis and has a near zero tolerance policy.

Yeah, I agree, and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

--------------
Location — Wyoming
 Post Number: 22
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 12:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

By the way, does anyone seriously believe these sandwich-sized ziplocks shown in the video contain only an ounce of pot each? I'd guess more like a quarter pound.

The guy pictured is trying to demonstate 3.5 ounces of pot with that many sandwich baggies. But each bag is more likely to contain the entire 3.5 ounces — that is, average yearly consumption per capita for a pot smoker.

That's very misleading. No way each baggie is only an ounce. And I honestly don't see how anyone familiar with pot culture could keep a straight face making that claim.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
Location — Wyoming
 Post Number: 23
Firedancer Search for posts by this member.
Colorado Dreamin'

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 12:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GottaGamble @ May 17 2013, 6:14 am)
Just curious with this law? Are you allowed to grow your own? Where is the weed from?

I'm curious about this too.  

They already have dispensaries everywhere, so can anyone now just walk in and buy some?

Travis, I agree - that looks like way more than an ounce in those baggies.

--------------
The future is no place to place your better days.
Dave Matthews
 Post Number: 24

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 12:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(mjeck @ May 17 2013, 12:32 pm)
Further degradation of American society. More impaired drivers on the road.

Nah. Not really. It's still illegal to smoke and drive.
 Post Number: 25
RumiDude Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 2:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think this is all kinda silly.  Here in Washington they are trying to decide if they are going to allow hash and hash oil under the new law.  This would also include stuff like cookies, jello shots (yes, jello shots with hash oil!), brownies, tea, ertc.  I sa if you want it, grow yer own and cut out the middle man and government.

Rumi

PS:  I don't indulge, but I generally have no problem with those which do.

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 26

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 2:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This thread need a soundtrack ...

Rumi   <~~~~~~layin' around the shanty

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 27
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 2:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Makes me wish I had the Doritos franchise in that part of the country. Maybe when Hostess gets back on the shelves....

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 2:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
 Post Number: 29
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Glacier detail

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 2:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Head west, young man.
 Post Number: 30
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 17 2013, 3:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(GottaGamble @ May 17 2013, 7:14 am)
I agree..dont most people smoke pot? Im not saying chronic pot head..but an occasional bowl or joint?

No... I would bet it's a minority (sub 50%) activity.

Cannabis today isn't the pot of my youth... and the effects on the teenage brain are particularly harmful.

That said, I believe all drugs should be legal and taxed... even though I'm not a partaker, I'm a libertarian at heart and am convinced "the war on drugs" is a complete failure.

Last time I smoked pot was August 1978...

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. – Socrates
42 replies since May 16 2013, 11:32 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Coloradoans will smoke 2.2 milllion oz's of pot
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions