2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: How many colleges/universities did you attend?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
rangersven Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 1:40 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Greetings, BPers...!

At last count RS attended seven colleges and universities.  How 'bout you?  Where did you attend college?  And what did you get a degree in?  Any good memories of college life?

Happy Trails,

RS

--------------
"Backpacker.com's Original Provocateur"
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 1:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you remember college you weren't really there. I attendeded two. One where I obtained my science degree and another I attended a class just because.
 Post Number: 3
fifeplayer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 2:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Two degrees with at least 3 colleges inputting to each, a third in the works and this one's the most fun so far! Really wish one could defrag brains like hard drives...mine feels like it's getting full. Too bad none of those degrees managed to instill common sense or useful skills.  :;):
 Post Number: 4
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 2:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

BS in Geology form a state university in Washington

Taken  courses (geology, petroleum engineering, history) from 7 universities

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 5
LuketheDrifter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 2:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One college.  The college of life, my friend.  Except for me, it is more like a middle school.

--------------
We must move forward not backward.  Upward, not forward.  And always be twirling, twirling, twirling toward freedom.
 Post Number: 6
Firedancer Search for posts by this member.
Colorado Dreamin'

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 2:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, didn't realize this until I added it up!  Looks like 5 total.  3 for my Bachelor's and two for my MBA.

Bachelor's - two years at U of Illinois, took a year off but attend local community college and then finished up with two years at U of Iowa (go Hawkeyes!)

MBA - from DePaul University, but as I moved to Seattle halfway through, I did take a few transfer credits at Seattle University and finished the degree online.

Any good memories?  Tons!  Mostly undergrad, though - by the time I got to grad school, I was already working and not too involved in campus activities.

--------------
The future is no place to place your better days.
Dave Matthews
 Post Number: 7
Ben2World Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 2:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One.  BSBA and MBA.

--------------
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.  -- St. Augustine
 Post Number: 8
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 2:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One for each degree.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 3:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

an AA and a MRS. at a Jr. College in WY
a semester but no degree in Beijing
a BA in Southern Oregon
random classes for credential purposes in 3 Nor Cal and 1 So Cal schools

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 10
freedomseeker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 3:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've studied at four:  1 for undergrad and 1 for a study abroad during undergrad, 1 for law school and a fourth where I took some business admin classes.  If I had more time and money, I'd take classes always!

--------------
Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean. -John Muir
 Post Number: 11
tomas Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 4:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Three colleges contributed courses to my BA and one to my MA.

--------------
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
 Post Number: 12
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 4:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Three for me. What I got from them, I'm still not sure other than I can put "some college" on an application and mean it.

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
 Post Number: 13
cweston Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 5:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Officially four, but only two really count..

During HS, I earned credits at a CC and a branch campus of the Univ. of Michigan.

Now, the two that actually count: I got my undergrad from Central Michigan, and my grad degrees from the Univ. of Washington.
 Post Number: 14
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 5:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Two.

The first was Georgia Southern College in the late 70's.  Pretty much a blur.

Then Southern Technical Institute in the late 80's.  Got a valuable education and two year degree.

So, I got four years of college, usable education, and a pretty classic college experience.  And little debt.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 15
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 5:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Three.  One for Each Degree.

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 16
Woodswoman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 6:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I went to a community college for a year, then transferred to Oregon State University. Graduated with a B.S degree in Wildlife Science (1989).

Favorite memories of going to a university? Not many - I had to work and pay my own way through school. I didn't have much time to make fond memories  :D

--------------
"...in every walk with Nature one receives far more than he seeks."   ~ John Muir
 Post Number: 17
theo Search for posts by this member.
Error 420

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 6:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Attend? Or get kicked out of?
 Post Number: 18
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 6:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(theo @ Jun. 17 2013, 6:46 pm)
Attend? Or get kicked out of?

Don't joke.  I hope I'm the only one here that got kicked out of the same school twice in one day.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 19
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 9:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Got my BA after four years at the same college and then my MA after attending  four different ones. I doubt if that makes me any smarter.  Probably just the opposite.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 20
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2013, 9:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Enough.  More than enough, according to some people.
 Post Number: 21
ki0eh Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2013, 3:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

For credit: Nine, seven of which counted toward three degrees. Whew.
 Post Number: 22
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2013, 4:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Two.  One for undergrad (U Michigan), the other (U Colorado) for my MS and--hopefully soon--doctorate.  Although the latter is with two different colleges and departments within the university.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 23
Upstream Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2013, 6:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just three, so far.  It's been 20 years since the last degree; maybe getting time.
 Post Number: 24
oldnolder Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2013, 7:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just Slippery Rock University for awhile.
 Post Number: 25
Roscue2 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 4:40 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One... so far.
 Post Number: 26
HikeClimbBike Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 8:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just one but I spent the last 9 years there so can I count it twice?
 Post Number: 27
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 10:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just one - Linfield College - got my BA in Biology, minored in Environmental Studies and Chemistry.  My best memories were from Botany field trips and roadtrips with my college roomie.

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
 Post Number: 28
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 10:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just 1.  Got a BS and started grad school, but never finished the MS.

Good memories?  NSFW.  or even a family web site.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 29
Reminiscence Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 10:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

2 Community Colleges, 2 German Universities, UMASS Dartmouth for my BA, now CU Boulder for the long haul...guess that makes 6.

--------------
"To be a friend of the Earth, you have to be an enemy of the people." -T.C. Boyle
 Post Number: 30
starwalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2013, 2:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

2.  Oral Roberts University (Tulsa) for my Bachelors.  Northeastern University (Tahlequah, Oklahoma) for my Masters.

--------------
"Straight paths made by man
Are unnatural and full of curses
But a trail is a song."

Louis Oliver (Creek Indian poet)
"Songs on Winding Trails"
in Chasers of the Sun
34 replies since Jun. 17 2013, 1:40 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply How many colleges/universities did you attend?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions