2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Bobcat Fun. :), Not the wild animal...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 3:19 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I didn't go hiking this weekend, c'est la vie.  Barbara & I visited some friends who live in a great little house up Coal Creek Canyon in central Colorado.

They had a Bobcat out with the bulldozer attachment that they use for outdoor remodeling this summer and snow removal in winter.  Can you think of a cooler thing for a 7-year old boy than driving a bulldozer by himself? :D  I couldn't either.

Tommy & Dad, getting started.

Picking up rocks. :)

Notice Dad isn't driving.

Who really needs Dad anyway??  (He got the hang of it quickly.)

After letting him drive it up & down the driveway a couple times, eventually lil' sister wanted to join in too.

When we were done, Tommy stayed sitting in the Bobcat until we were ready to leave.  He still hasn't stopped bragging about how cool that was.  He won't have any trouble at the "what did you do this summer" talk at school. :D

Anyhoo, just a lighthearted non-trip trip report.  Fun little Sunday with some friends and a Bobcat tractor.

- Mike

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 4:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

GBH.  I think we drove past you on the way down from the East Portal.  Just off and below Coal Creek Canyon Rd on the right side (heading towards Denver) Right?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 4:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks like fun. I spend many hours each winter using a bobcat to clear snow. They are versatile and powerful little machines.

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
 Post Number: 4
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 4:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cool!
I love that kinda stuff.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 6:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Jun. 24 2013, 2:06 pm)
GBH.  I think we drove past you on the way down from the East Portal.  Just off and below Coal Creek Canyon Rd on the right side (heading towards Denver) Right?

Not quite.  They live a couple miles to the South from Coal Creek Canyon Rd in a neighborhood, pretty far up from the road (definitely out-of-sight).  Although on our drive down Tommy was pointing out any Bobcats & Caterpillar machines he could spot while we were going home, and there were a few.

Here's a video (on Smugmug, I can't post it Youtube-style from there) of Tommy's first solo lesson, our friend Brian showing him the ropes.  I know I'm biased 'cause it's my own kid n' all, but I think it's pretty damned cute. :D

http://bellanatura.smugmug.com/Family....XwtqHrN

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 6
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 6:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Now, just get Tommie an engineering degree so he can play with the big toys while pulling down the real $$.  :)  

This is very cute.  The videos, and the pictures.  This is what a childhood is all about.  Memories like this one will stay with him forever.  Of course, it will that time he bladed up the entire mountain, and took all the snow off the freeway, but it will be his memory.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 7
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 7:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've tried a few different times to see your pics but I just keep getting x's. Given T & Z's success I'm guessing its a function of technomoronman here.

I remember driving a hay truck at that age. It was indeed pretty cool. We could use him on construction here in Jackson, a lot of shovel leaning going on IMO.

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 8
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 7:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Go to the link for the video, at bellanatura site. There, you will find 17 pictures, and 2-3 videos.  All I saw on the board was the tiny x blue box, at first.    Now, they show up just fine.

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 9
swimswithtrout Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 8:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(double cabin @ Jun. 24 2013, 5:54 pm)
I've tried a few different times to see your pics but I just keep getting x's.

x's in IE and just blank in FF here as well.

I was able to view them by clicking on "Quote" and then copy/pasting the image link to my browser.

And like ol zeke, the images I viewed that way, now show up in Mike's OP.

The images I didn't view are still blank/ red x.

Something is wonky at one end or the other.

"Anywho" as GBH always says, that had to be a great day for Tommy !

--------------
Want to see The Wind River Range in widescreen 1080p ?
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 8:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's probably something to do with photo permissions. The album is posted as "unlisted" which means it doesn't automatically show up on a SmugMug homepage, but is still available for anyone with the link. The hot linked pictures worked for me so I didn't stop to think that they might not for others.  Still, until we fix it if the photos don't show up you can always click on the video link (I think?) and view them from within the album.  Sorry, I didn't realize it was having issues.

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 8:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Full album here: http://bellanatura.smugmug.com/Family....5vmXVfh

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 12
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2013, 9:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks guys.

Mike, I hope you can appreciate how lucky a man you are. Gotta wonder what's wrong with Bellanatura?

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 13

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2013, 12:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Photos should be working better now. :)

And yes DC, I'm well aware. :D

--------------

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 14
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2013, 12:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Coolest thing for a 7-year-old boy?  Heck, *I* would think it was pretty cool.  I like power tools :D

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
13 replies since Jun. 24 2013, 3:19 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Bobcat Fun. :)
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions