2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Trixie Doggy, RIP< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
DonTom Search for posts by this member.
Trixie (RIP)

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 4:07 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The doggy in my Avatar, 14 year old Trixie, had a stroke during this RV trip we are on. I rushed her to the emergency vet in Idaho Falls, which was the nearest big town at the time  and had poor Trixie  put down.

She could barely move. The vet had to carry her in. As I expected, the last thing to go on Trixie was the waggly tail.

She had a very good Doggy life and she is now in Doggy Heaven.

Were continuing this trip with our other younger doggy, 8 year old RenoBoy Doggy that still has a lot of puppy left in him.

We started the trip in SSF, CA and on the way to Canada, going north of the great lakes and down to Toronto and then down to Gettysburg, PA and then to Wash DC and from there, who knows.

Right now, we are in Montana. This is the exact location.

-Don-

--------------
-Don- South San Francisco, CA or Cold Springs Valley, NV (near Reno).
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 6:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry to hear about your pup :( At least she was with her family doing what she loved. Glad you have plans to continue on...

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 3
2itchyfeet Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 7:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So sorry about Trixie.  Losing a good companion leaves a hole in our heart. :(
 Post Number: 4
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 8:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So sorry, losing a pet is hard

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 5
TDale Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 8:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Has everyone had a dog named Trixie?  I had mine when I was 10 or 11.

Sorry.

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
 Post Number: 6
Woodswoman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 9:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Don & Tom, I am so sorry about your pal. It is hard to lose a beloved pet. I just lost my Patches (cat) last Friday. She was 18 years old. I DO feel your heartache and sadness.

--------------
All this time I was finding myself, and I didn't know I was lost. ~Avicii
 Post Number: 7
paula53 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 4:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am so sorry on the loss of your furry friend. You have given her a full and loving life. She will live on in your memories.
 Post Number: 8
Trinity Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 4:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry for your loss.  Y'all clearly loved her deeply, and gave her a great life.
 Post Number: 9
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 4:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm sorry.  :(
 Post Number: 10
mtngrl Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 5:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So sorry.

--------------
”Every tree was dripping and the creeks had swollen. It occurred to me that I had achieved a rare thing: I was living at the center of my heart’s geography. And I knew it.”- Bryce Andrews, Badluck Way
 Post Number: 11
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 5:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Doggy Heaven? Maybe DonTom is a closet believer after all.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know that losing a pet is often akin to losing a member of the family.  Sincere condolences and many years of great memories to you.

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
 Post Number: 12
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 5:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am so sorry to see this.

That said, I wish you all a safe and happy journey for the rest of the ride.  If you find yourself in DC with a day to kill, send me a pm a few days out and I might be able to help you get a good tour or two.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 13
hbfa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 6:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's never easy to lose a good friend.  Sorry for your loss.
RIP Trixie.
 Post Number: 14
buddero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 6:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Woof! I'm sorry to hear this. She was a sweet looking dog.

Seldom a day passes that I don't think about our Buddy. His full name was Buddero Craze, hence my name here.

A House Dog's Grave

I've changed my ways a little; I cannot now Run with you in the evenings along the shore, Except in a kind of dream; and you, if you dream a moment, You see me there.

So leave awhile the paw-marks on the front door, Where I used to scratch to go out or in, And you'd soon open; leave on the kitchen floor, The marks of my drinking pan.

I cannot lie by your fire as I used to do, On the warm stone, Nor at the foot of your bed; No, all the nights through I lie alone.

But your kind thought has laid me less than six feet, Outside your window where firelight so often plays, And where you sit to read and, I fear, often grieving for me-- Every night your lamplight lies on my place.

You, man and woman, live so long, it is -- Hard to think of you ever dying. A little dog would get tired, living so long. I hope that when you are lying -- Under the ground like me your lives will appear -- As good and joyful as mine.

No, dears, that's too much hope; You are not so well cared for -- And never have known the passionate undivided -- Fidelities that I knew. Your minds are perhaps too active, too many-sided... But to me you were true.

You were never masters, but friends. I was your friend. I loved you well, and was loved. Deep love endures -- To the end and far past the end. If this is my end, I am not lonely. I am not afraid. I am still yours.

by Robinson Jeffers

--------------
Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty
If your cup is full, may it be again

Journal and links to refugees, backpacking, travel in Asia, photos, honky-tonk angels, other beautiful things...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 15
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 6:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Woodswoman @ Sep. 09 2013, 6:23 am)
Don & Tom, I am so sorry about your pal. It is hard to lose a beloved pet. I just lost my Patches (cat) last Friday. She was 18 years old. I DO feel your heartache and sadness.

My very first doggy, when I was a little kid, was named Patches.

BTW, Custer's Last Stand was much larger and a lot more interesting than we expected. We just came back from there.

-Don- (now in Sheraton, WY)

--------------
 Post Number: 16
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 6:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for all your concern about Trixie. Many will miss her, but especially us.

-Don-

--------------
 Post Number: 17
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 6:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(buzzards @ Sep. 09 2013, 2:52 pm)
Doggy Heaven? Maybe DonTom is a closet believer after all.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know that losing a pet is often akin to losing a member of the family.  Sincere condolences and many years of great memories to you.

I was expecting somebody to say that. :D

But unlike humans, most doggies deserve a heaven, especially Trixie.

-Don-

--------------
 Post Number: 18
Raznation Search for posts by this member.
Why surf when you can make waves!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 6:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The thing about dogs is that they push you to be the very best person they think you are.

I guess that is why losing them is so hard on people.

So Don, dont think of Trixie as being gone but think of how much she blessed your lives.

--------------
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 19
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 6:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(paula53 @ Sep. 09 2013, 1:18 pm)
I am so sorry on the loss of your furry friend. You have given her a full and loving life. She will live on in your memories.

The hike you went with her and me was the last long hike she has been on. Since then, I have been taking her on much easier and slower hikes, such as on level ground.

BTW, we just came back from Custer's Last Stand in Montana. Was MUCH larger and a lot more interesting than we expected. It covers several miles of ground and you can get detailed info. via cell phone at each point of interest.

-Don- (now in Sheraton, WY)

--------------
 Post Number: 20
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 7:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TDale @ Sep. 09 2013, 5:13 am)
Has everyone had a dog named Trixie?  I had mine when I was 10 or 11.

Sorry.

I didn't, instead it was me, called Trixie in Jr. High because my name is Dixie and I read the Trixie Belden Mysteries non-stop

Really sad for your loss.  She was beautiful

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 21
tRoLLin_mOtOr Search for posts by this member.
Strategery

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 7:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Let me offer my condolences on the loss of your buddy...just went through the same thing a few months ago.

--------------
It is better to travel well than to arrive
 Post Number: 22
swimswithtrout Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 11:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Very sorry for your loss Don and Tom. It's hard enough losing a beloved pet, but in the middle of long awaited road trip, must make it even worse.

--------------
Want to see The Wind River Range in widescreen 1080p ?
 Post Number: 23
CajunHiker Search for posts by this member.
GEAUX TIGERS!

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 09 2013, 11:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:(

--------------
"Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." - Chris Rose
 Post Number: 24
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 10 2013, 12:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sheridan? That was halfway between my parents and my husbands parents on opposite sides of Wyoming. I love the Custer battlefield area too. The re-enactment in July can be quite interesting

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 25
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 10 2013, 4:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My condolences on your loss.  But keep those memories of her fresh.  I've had dogs for most of my six decades and have buried five of them over that time.

I'm glad to hear that you believe your Trixie is in doggie heaven.  I'm guessing that doggie heaven is right next door to people heaven, with considerable overlap.  I sincerely hope that you will get to see her again.
 Post Number: 26
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 10 2013, 6:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry to hear.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 27
1camper Search for posts by this member.
love advocate

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 10 2013, 6:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:(  sorry for your loss.

--------------
"If people think nature is their friend, then they sure don't need an enemy."

Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 28
tomas Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 10 2013, 9:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. As Raz said, dogs (and I think cats as well) have the ability to make you a better person.

--------------
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
 Post Number: 29
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 10 2013, 11:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My condolences. Let me know if you come through NW Wyoming and you can have a bar full of good people here toast her memory. Paz contigo hombre!

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 30
Trixie (RIP)

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 11 2013, 3:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(double cabin @ Sep. 10 2013, 8:29 am)
My condolences. Let me know if you come through NW Wyoming and you can have a bar full of good people here toast her memory. Paz contigo hombre!

We are now in the middle of South Dakota, in a place called Murdo.

We were in Deadwood, SD for a big part of the day.

We were in NW Wyoming earlier on this trip, but we avoided Yellowstone Park. You must be near or in Yellowstone Park. We have been in Yellowstone B4 this trip.

-Don-

--------------
30 replies since Sep. 09 2013, 4:07 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Trixie Doggy
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions