2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Backpacker Mag - The 3 free downlaodsable booklets, how do I download the booklets< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Starbreaker Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 07 2013, 11:03 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi,

I have been a Backpacker Mag lurjker for many many years, primarily picking up issues here and there off of the news stand.  I recently pulled the trigger on a sub.  Here is my question.  I sub'd through the webiste, completed my order, and was taken to a page that had links to the 3 free downloadable books.  The download server was being very slow and timed out.  I closed the window, but when I went to try and go back to BackPacker.com I can't find where to download the 3 free online books.  How, or where, can I get a hold of these?  And how, now that I sub, can I get rid of the sub add pop-ups on Backpacker.com?  Thanks in advance all!!!  Nice to meet everyone!

-Starbreaker
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 08 2013, 6:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No one?
 Post Number: 3
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 08 2013, 6:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry. No idea of what you're talking about.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 4
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Glacier detail

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 08 2013, 7:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Subscription/download problem - try filling out the form at the bottom of this page.

Popup - try adblock plus or a similar program.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 08 2013, 7:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks, Reuben...  That should do just nicely for find out what I can do.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 08 2013, 8:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Oct. 08 2013, 6:55 pm)
Sorry. No idea of what you're talking about.

Yea, my initial post probably was not as clear as it should have been, I was late for work.  When you subscribe to BP magazine via their website as an incentive you recieve the ability to download 3 free little booklets.  After sub'ing it take you to the link of said booklets.  Their download server was extremely slow and eventually timed out.  I was just curious where I could go to download them.  Overall it's not really important as the info is really all over the world in books/media/web for decades and decades.
 Post Number: 7
JRinGeorgia Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 09 2013, 5:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

First question I don't know, perhaps contact the magazine directly.

Getting rid of pop-ups -- good luck. That question has been raised before, I have tried unsuccessfully to stop the pop-ups but cannot effectively. I tried blocking the specific pop-up, but it seems that the image on screen is composed of more than one pop-up, so you still end up with some parts showing, and if you zap them all then other things start disappearing like page headers and content links that were not part of the pop-up. So I've just learned to live with the pop-ups. I agree with you that subscribers ought to be able to easily avoid the intrusive solicitations to subscribe...

--------------
- JRinGeorgia
 Post Number: 8
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 09 2013, 9:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

There's a magazine?
7 replies since Oct. 07 2013, 11:03 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Backpacker Mag - The 3 free downlaodsable booklets
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions