2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Gas prices, What are you paying?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 3:20 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, I drove by a local gas station this morning and gas prices for regular had dropped nearly 20 cents/gallon overnight down to $3.07.  What are you paying?  Is it possible we'll see gas below $3.00 a gallon?

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 3:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$3.13 is the regular price. But, I paid $2.93 because I had 20 cents off a gallon from the local grocery store.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 3
Loon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 3:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was 3.05 on Wednesday and 3.25 the next day, which was the day I chose to fill up of course.
 Post Number: 4
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 4:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$3.05 today in NJ.  Some of the cash-only places are at $3.01.
 Post Number: 5
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 4:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$3.05.
 Post Number: 6
markskor Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 4:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Mammoth Lakes Ca...(sigh)...$4.10 regular.

--------------
mountain man who swims with trout
 Post Number: 7
vinovampire Search for posts by this member.
Winter is Coming

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 4:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The cheapest I've seen in my area is 3.37 (Regular, 87).
 Post Number: 8
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 4:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Haven't looked (though we need gas), but our price will be higher than any except  poor Marksor's Mammoth prices.  I recently read on some fuel company's blog and explanation, which basically said that it's our own fault, because we are the only people int he country who are trying to reduce emissions, so they can't bring in out-of-state gas to CA, so we should just shut up and pay up (okay, he didn't really say that.  Just implied it.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 4:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think I paid around $3.20 per gallon nearly a week ago. Today's Gas Buddy map probably shows prices from yesterday.

I can get several discounts for paying cash, filling on Sunday (when business is slow), and using the 10% ethanol mixture. But I burn the mid-grade with minimum octane of 87.

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
 Post Number: 10
Geo. Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 4:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lucky you! Here in NZ we're paying the equivalent of $6.50(US) a US gallon. Was in the UK recently and they were even worse off paying about 50 cents(NZ) a litre more than we pay here in NZ.  

--------------
Dances With Marmots  
 Post Number: 11
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 4:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$3.89 on the CA side of the border and $3.37 on the OR side

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 12
Woodswoman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 5:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Several days ago I paid $3.19 here in Colorado Springs. This morning as I was headed out for a day hike, I saw it for $3.09.

--------------
All this time I was finding myself, and I didn't know I was lost. ~Avicii
 Post Number: 13
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 5:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$3.40 or so at the truck stop on the way to work which has the best price around

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
 Post Number: 14
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 5:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$3.11 just yesterday.  It has been up around $3.27-3.49 over the past 2 months.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 15
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 6:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$3.35 a gallon locally.  It's been right around there for a few weeks now.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 6:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Geo. @ Nov. 02 2013, 4:46 pm)
Lucky you! Here in NZ we're paying the equivalent of $6.50(US) a US gallon. Was in the UK recently and they were even worse off paying about 50 cents(NZ) a litre more than we pay here in NZ.  

Ya, Americans are spoiled rotten when it comes to energy prices.  Much as we bitch, we really have no right to.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 17
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 7:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And actually we need the prices to go a lot higher

So we are seriously motivated to use alternate cleaner sources

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
 Post Number: 18
Hiker01 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 7:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$2.97
 Post Number: 19
QCHIKER Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 7:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here in the Illinois Quad Cities it's down to $2.79 today. Hope it keeps dropping. On the Iowa side it's down to $2.59.
 Post Number: 20
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 7:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$3.80 diesel.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 21
swimswithtrout Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 8:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Two weeks ago while on a road trip to visit my wife's family in MO, we had no problem finding gas for $2.96- 2.98 in the Springfield, MO area. I assume it's even cheaper now given the recent price drops.

It's fallen ~ $0.20 in two weeks here on N  CO to ~ $3.10- 3.15.

--------------
Want to see The Wind River Range in widescreen 1080p ?
 Post Number: 22
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 8:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess Bush's attempt to correct Clinton's wayward energy policies is finally kicking in.

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 23
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 9:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$2.95 regular unleaded

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
 Post Number: 24
Roscue2 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 9:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$3.35 when i looked today. Not bad all things considered.
 Post Number: 25

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 9:57 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Echo @ Nov. 02 2013, 7:05 pm)

Of course you're right.  That's a bitter reality and one Americans aren't ready to face up to yet.  But the time will come when we have no choice but to look at the big picture.   Until then,  I guess I, with the vast majority of other Americans, will continue our addition to cheap energy.

--------------
 Post Number: 26
KenV Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 10:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Nov. 02 2013, 3:20 pm)
Wow, I drove by a local gas station this morning and gas prices for regular had dropped nearly 20 cents/gallon overnight down to $3.07.  What are you paying?  Is it possible we'll see gas below $3.00 a gallon?

I've been paying under $3 for about a month now.  Right now the price at the local Chevron is $2.85.  It's $2.83 at Murphy's (Wal Mart gas station) and Buckee's.
 Post Number: 27
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 10:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$3.09 when I filled this week, but the more weird thing is that I got almost 36 MPG on the previous fill.

Does anyone know why mileage improves in the fall and winter?  I thought the alky additive cut down on mileage, but I am getting better mileage now, and I have noticed this, to a lesser extent in previous years.

In August I was getting only 33-34 MPG, and getting gas in the same places with the same octane.  What gives?

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 28

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2013, 1:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Beats me.  My mileage always goes down in colder weather.

--------------
 Post Number: 29
beemerphill Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2013, 7:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In Northeast Oklahoma it is $2.76 at QT and Murphys. Some of the other stations are close, and some charge about a quarter more,
 Post Number: 30
SW Mtn backpacker Search for posts by this member.
Born to hike, forced to work ...

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2013, 11:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Nov. 02 2013, 7:57 pm)

(Echo @ Nov. 02 2013, 7:05 pm)

Of course you're right.  That's a bitter reality and one Americans aren't ready to face up to yet.  But the time will come when we have no choice but to look at the big picture.   Until then,  I guess I, with the vast majority of other Americans, will continue our addition to cheap energy.

Watching a business channel (CNBC) during the mid-east blow-ups, an oil industry analyst pointed out that drivers in the Western US seem to "take revenge" (his exact words) by not driving as much when prices go up (driving supplies up), while those in the Eastern US just put up with it and pay the extra $$.  Our distances are further out west and perhaps there's the paycheck difference too.

For me to put off a marginal weekend trip, that's about $100-150 in gasoline that can be put towards other stuff or put away for a rainy day.

--------------
Usually Southwest and then some.

In wildness is the preservation of the world. - Henry Thoreau
56 replies since Nov. 02 2013, 3:20 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Gas prices
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions