2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: BIGFOOT sightings, evidence,experiences?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
JOHN/OHIO Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 06 2013, 5:41 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nah....never heard or run into the guy while in Appalachians... specifically the Allegheny National Forest in NW Pa or the Mon in WVA.

YOU?

--------------
                   "Fresh mud on the bottom of your boots is tranquility to the soul and a few steps closer to heaven".
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
DewChugr Search for posts by this member.
Photoshop God

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2013, 9:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Norris campground, Yellowstone.

--------------
www.gpsbasecamp.com - Find Yourself Outdoors
 Post Number: 3
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2013, 10:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I can't tell, was Bigfoot wearing big shoes?

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 4
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2013, 10:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I didn't know you could get footie pajamas that big.
 Post Number: 5
llamapacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 13 2013, 11:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If that ain't proof I don't know what is.
 Post Number: 6
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 12:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(llamapacker @ Nov. 13 2013, 11:19 pm)
If that ain't proof I don't know what is.

Absolutely.  I mean it's posted on the internet.  How could it not be true?

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 7
Franco Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 12:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Seriously I do know that some want to believe in them; the problem is that nobody has ever found traces of a family let alone a group or two of them.
Of course it could be a very clever fellow that moves all over North America and is the last surviving member of its species.
(puts the guys at BackpackingLight to shame....)
Anyway, remember that "big foot" in a form or another has been a popular legend around the world for centuries just as elves have been.
Still if all else fails one can always start chasing UFO's , after all the sky is the limit with those.
 Post Number: 8
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 7:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I saw Elvis last week in a 7-11 and he says one lives in his backyard.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 7:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Seriously I do know that some want to believe in them; the problem is that nobody has ever found traces of a family let alone a group or two of them.

There are about 30 million of just whitetail deer in NA, not even counting mulies and others. How many times have you found the bodily remains of one in the wild? Even bears are more populous than the alleged Bigfoots. Now reduce the population to a few dozen or few hundred of possibly intelligent creatures scattered across  the whole of the continent who deliberately try to avoid humans and dispose of their dead in some secretive manner. How many would you expect to find?

--------------

Post Number: 10
outbackpacker3 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 9:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am one of those people who would like to believe in Bigfoot I mean think of how freaked out you could get some kids around a campfire if they knew Bigfoot was real! Lol I get the whole there's never been remains but I think along the same lines of Montanalonewolf how many deer and bear skeletons have we found not to mention how much different would a skeleton of a Bigfoot look. I wouldn't know if it were a Bigfoot skeleton unless there was something really distinguishing about it like the feet or hands or skull. The rest probably wouldn't look a lot different id think.
 Post Number: 11
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 9:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Nov. 14 2013, 5:58 am)

There are about 30 million of just whitetail deer in NA, not even counting mulies and others. How many times have you found the bodily remains of one in the wild? Even bears are more populous than the alleged Bigfoots. Now reduce the population to a few dozen or few hundred of possibly intelligent creatures scattered across  the whole of the continent who deliberately try to avoid humans and dispose of their dead in some secretive manner. How many would you expect to find?

I see the remains of deer quite frequently, as I do quite a bit of off-trail hiking.

It's one thing to see things rarely, another that not a single piece of concrete evidence to EVER have been found.

There are a lot of people in North America, and no one has ever found a single bone that could not be traced to a known species.  Even if they bury or hide their dead, once in a while one would die in a hunting accident, or simply die of natural causes away from the group.  No evidence has ever been found.
 Post Number: 12
Moraine Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 10:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Everyone knows that Bigfoot eat their dead!
 Post Number: 13
steelhead Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 2:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When I was a kid, I talked non-stop bigfoot.  I went on about them on and on and on in so much that was one of the more important topics that inspired/enabled me to read about them on my own (I liked bigfoot stories more than The Cat in the Hat, etc.).  That was the early 80's.

I have never, heard, seen or picked up a trace of anything bigfoot that I know of.  

That said, bigfoot always revolves around in my head every single time I am out in the woods.  Once a kid, always a kid ya  know :)

Steelie
 Post Number: 14
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 2:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Lamebeaver @ Nov. 14 2013, 7:47 am)

(Montanalonewolf @ Nov. 14 2013, 5:58 am)

I see the remains of deer quite frequently, as I do quite a bit of off-trail hiking.

It's one thing to see things rarely, another that not a single piece of concrete evidence to EVER have been found.

There are a lot of people in North America, and no one has ever found a single bone that could not be traced to a known species.  Even if they bury or hide their dead, once in a while one would die in a hunting accident, or simply die of natural causes away from the group.  No evidence has ever been found.

This.  I've also run across remains of deer many times... skeletons at minimum, often with fur or skin still attached.  Easy enough to identify.  I've come across several cases of bear remains too (bones), although far less often.  There's ample other evidence to prove both of those exist.

There are plenty of unidentified species out there, but considering all the publicity about bigfoot, every day that goes by without anything ever being discovered just solidifies the notion that such evidence is never likely to emerge.  BUT, no one can "prove" the non-existence of something, so the myth lingers on.  It's fun to think about, I'll give it that, even if I don't lend it any credibility.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 15
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 2:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Never seen bigfoot.  But twice I've heard loud animal noises that I could not identify, at the time...

The first, while camped in the Savage Run Wilderness in WY, I've yet to be able to identify.   Wasn't a coyote, don't think it was a bird, don't think it was a mountain lion or an elk.  

The second ended up being a mule of all things.  We were camped in the Golden Trout Wilderness near Jug Spring when I heard it the first time.  On a subsequent trip down to Grey Meadow I heard it again, up close.  Ended up being a mule belonging to the pasture permittee, and I confirmed he was up there with that particular mule the last time I heard it.  Strangest mule cry I've ever heard...

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
 Post Number: 16

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 4:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you were with me a couple of days ago you would have experienced some very strange and unsettling nocturnal noises.
Not only you would have heard them but felt them too...
not a big deal for me because I know how wombats in love sound close up.
Incidentally you would be very surprised to with just how loud a rutting koala can be...
 Post Number: 17
Reminiscence Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 5:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No voucher specimen = hearsay = not real.

--------------
"To be a friend of the Earth, you have to be an enemy of the people." -T.C. Boyle
 Post Number: 18

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 7:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No evidence has ever been found.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Note that an "Asian unicorn" ( twin-horned saola) was discovered in 1992 and only recently spotted in Viet Nam for the first time since about 1998 and
Southeast Asia is a global biodiversity hotspot -- 126 species were newly recorded last year in the Greater Mekong region, which consists of Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos and the southwestern Chinese province of Yunnan.

Just  because one hasn't been proven to exist doesn't mean they don't and doesn't mean it does.

--------------

Post Number: 19
Woodswoman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 8:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A bigfoot lives in this guy's backyard...so he says...

--------------
"...in every walk with Nature one receives far more than he seeks."   ~ John Muir
 Post Number: 20
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 8:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Montanalonewolf @ Nov. 14 2013, 5:43 pm)
No evidence has ever been found.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

It's not evidence of presence either.  But that's what keeps the myth fed, isn't it.  You can't prove that something doesn't exist.  But that doesn't really make for a convincing argument of the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster either.

Just  because one hasn't been proven to exist doesn't mean they don't and doesn't mean it does.

It's that least bit the the rabid believers seem to forget about so quickly.

The fact that unexpected species are discovered isn't a surprise... Humanity and science have known for a long time there are plenty of undiscovered species.  But the fact that so many claim to be "experts" on this one without there ever having been any evidence of it is what makes the whole thing funny to watch.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
 Post Number: 21

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 8:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"126 species were newly recorded last year'
Yes, bats,frogs and fishes.
I would expect that many were known to the locals who of course would not know that they were not known...
The saola was known by the locals. They were and are aware of it's habits, so yes rear and hard to find but there is plenty of solid evidence that it does exist...
 Post Number: 22

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 9:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's that least bit the the rabid believers seem to forget about so quickly.

I seriously doubt Bigfoots exist but like to speculate that they're out there laughing at us.

--------------

Post Number: 23
ponderosa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 10:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I recognize it's highly unlikely, but I like the idea and want to believe, so I try to be open minded about Bigfoot.  I do get a kick out of the "Sasquatch experts" who like to go on at length describing the behavior, habitat, family structure, diet, etc of an unseen critter.  Those boys are just funny. I used to work with a prosecuting attorney who left to devote himself full time to "investigating" first hand accounts of Bigfoot.  That was a fun going away party.

--------------
The harder the toil, the sweeter the rest.
 Post Number: 24
Hungry Jack Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 14 2013, 11:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Didn't Les Stroud claim to have been visited by one?

--------------
It's a strange situation,
a wild occupation,
Living my life like a song.
 Post Number: 25
Reminiscence Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2013, 1:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I want to believe in Cthulhu.

I just want to.

--------------
"To be a friend of the Earth, you have to be an enemy of the people." -T.C. Boyle
 Post Number: 26
ponderosa Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 15 2013, 2:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Who's stopping you? Go crazy.

--------------
The harder the toil, the sweeter the rest.
25 replies since Nov. 06 2013, 5:41 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply BIGFOOT sightings, evidence,experiences?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions