2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Are you OCD?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
TDale Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 10:47 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Let's find out.

http://dunzo.net/30-infuriating-images-that-will-trigger-your-ocd/

--------------
"Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again...They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 10:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cruel bastard. I hate you.

ETA: I had mistakenly typed "creul", but HAD to correct before I posted.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 3
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 10:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah...Apparently I am.

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
tomas Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 10:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Argh! My eye immediately went to the "wrong" one in picture #20.

--------------
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
 Post Number: 5
MsDoolittle Search for posts by this member.
Don't mess with a girl and her shovel

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 11:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Post Number: 6
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 12:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(tomas @ Nov. 26 2013, 7:57 am)

Yeah, mine too.  But I'm only partly OCD. Some of the "wrong" patterns struck me as kind of. . . artistic.  But I have to stifle the urge to correct all the misused apostrophes on signs!

I make really OCD people crazy. . . being left-handed, I make my checkmarks backwards :D

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 7
Cloudwalker Search for posts by this member.
?

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 12:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My wife looooves to read, so her nightstand usually has 3 or 4 books along with her Kindle Fire stacked on it.  Unfortunately, the first photo is usually how it looks.  I can't walk by it without stacking them the right way.  The larger books must be on the bottom and progressively get smaller as they are stacked and the spines must be even.

Whew!  Now, I can sleep tonight.

This will also start divorce proceedings.....

--------------
My website

Find me on facebook and shoot me a friends request
 Post Number: 8
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 12:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RebeccaD @ Nov. 26 2013, 10:17 am)

(tomas @ Nov. 26 2013, 7:57 am)

Yeah, mine too.  But I'm only partly OCD. Some of the "wrong" patterns struck me as kind of. . . artistic.  But I have to stifle the urge to correct all the misused apostrophes on signs!

I make really OCD people crazy. . . being left-handed, I make my checkmarks backwards :D

As long as they're all facing the same direction, this is acceptable.

Post Number: 9
llamapacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 2:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

NO, but I like my chaos to be predictable and manageable.
 Post Number: 10
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 3:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Pretty much all of those would drive me nuts. But #3 would be ripped out and replaced immediately.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 11
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 8:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Number three was the only one what really made me cringe.  Some of the others are simply minor things that I might notice, but not get all twitchy about.

Now, leave a cabinet door or closet door open and that will make me twitch.  Oh, and I have been told that my towels and wash cloths are folded exceedingly neat.   Who knew, they look normal to me.   :p

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 12
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 8:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Was there something wrong in those photos? ???

Actually, they didn't bother me at all. I got a good chuckle, in fact. I do like neatness, but I've been around too many people who don't pay much attention. Unlike their deeds, I saw method to the madness in those photos. Thought it was funny. :D

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
 Post Number: 13
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 9:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(eyebp @ Nov. 26 2013, 12:35 pm)
Pretty much all of those would drive me nuts. But #3 would be ripped out and replaced immediately.

Frankly, that one's about craftsmanship and taking pride in your work.  Do it right!

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 14
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 9:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You found my kit kat!!

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 15
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2013, 10:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm just the D.

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 16
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 8:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Based on that that "test" I'm not OCD... but then I like abstract paintings and to me the photos are more abstractions than test material... now I'm really worried :)

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. – Socrates
 Post Number: 17
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 8:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm somewhat ADD, my wife is somewhat OCD.  It sounds like a terrible combination, but I'm told that it often works out great.  The ADD person just leaves stuff around and the OCD person picks it up.

On the other hand, sometimes it can backfire.  A few days ago I was looking for my checkbook.  It wasn't where I normally keep it.  I checked in a bunch of rooms, the car, the truck... couldn't find it.  Finally I asked my wife if she had seen it.  Her response?  "You're always looking for it, so I moved it."

:angry:  ???
 Post Number: 18
red dog Search for posts by this member.
Elev  2,180'

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 27 2013, 9:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I’m not OCD at all.  I am, however, obsessed….I MUST HAVE a sleeve of Fig Newtons just like that !

--------------
Arizona
 Post Number: 19
bigsilk Search for posts by this member.
A different kind of rebel...

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2013, 7:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD.

No, I don't have OCD.

--------------
There are only two things I don't like about people: They take too long to cook and taste like crap when they're done.
 Post Number: 20
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 28 2013, 8:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The debilitating anxiety disorder?  No.

I do have my comforting, compulsive rituals.  Completed patterns keep the Universe in order and things need to be made "right".

Whoever did #20 is a sadist though.
 Post Number: 21
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2013, 9:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(spindle @ Nov. 28 2013, 8:19 pm)

I do have my comforting, compulsive rituals.  Completed patterns keep the Universe in order and things need to be made "right".

And they wrote over the red margin lines, too.  :angry:  :p

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 22
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2013, 11:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(bigsilk @ Nov. 28 2013, 4:51 am)
No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD. No, I don't have OCD.

No, I don't have OCD.

I wish you hadn't written that so that it didn't end the same way on each line. At least you got your spacing good though.

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
 Post Number: 23
reubenstump Search for posts by this member.
Lago Grey

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2013, 12:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Post Number: 24
spindle Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 29 2013, 9:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(WalksWithBlackflies @ Nov. 29 2013, 9:52 am)

(spindle @ Nov. 28 2013, 8:19 pm)

And they wrote over the red margin lines, too.  :angry:  :p

Yeah. You do.NOT.touch.the.LINES.

I am printing out a copy of that pic, to burn.

For reasons.  Rightness reasons.
 Post Number: 25
Echo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 30 2013, 2:26 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Number 8 was put up incorrectly at our subway too, and everytime we went there I ended up glaring at the tile that was out of place. Here non of the others were bugging me, but seeing that one actually changed my breathing rate. My husband is totally uptight about smoothing out how the seatbelt goes, belts or brastraps too, his or mine or the kids. But OCD for both of us seems limited to one specific thing on that whole list. So that is probably a no.

--------------
If Light is in your heart, you will find your way Home. (Rumi)

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.  Chinese proverb

http://echo-echosvoice.blogspot.com/

http://duffybarkley.blogspot.com/
24 replies since Nov. 26 2013, 10:47 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Are you OCD?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions