2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Fukushima Reactor< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
CarFree Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 9:30 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Anyone heard any reports on whether the radioactive release from the Fukushima reactor could make it to the US?

--------------
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

Henry David Thoreau
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
no_granola Search for posts by this member.
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 9:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It already has, long ago.  They've been leaking 300 tons of contaminated water/day into the Pacific Ocean . . . for 2 1/2 years.

Sushi anyone?

--------------
I never imagined that being obnoxious would get me where I am today.
 Post Number: 3
swimswithtrout Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Where do you get your "information/ news" from ? I'd go move to a mile deep gold mine if I were you !!

Fukushima Emergency

--------------
Want to see The Wind River Range in widescreen 1080p ?
 Post Number: 4
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 9:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I use that newfangled google thingamabobber.

--------------
 Post Number: 5
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 9:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The volume of leakage is unclear, but there is no denying that it is happening.  

http://www.theatlantic.com/health....1

http://www.nytimes.com/2013....rs.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24445242

I think I'll pass on the crunchy spicy tuna rolls.  You go right ahead and chow down.

--------------
 Post Number: 6
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 10:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(CarFree @ Jan. 09 2014, 6:30 pm)
Anyone heard any reports on whether the radioactive release from the Fukushima reactor could make it to the US?

Since the Pacific Ocean circulation does run from Japan across to North America: yes.

http://m.nbcnews.com/science....1050755

To anything other than a barely detectable by sensitive scientific technology degree?

No.

The paper the NBC news report is based on:
Multi-decadal projections of surface and interior pathways of the Fukushima Cesium-137 radioactive plume
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S096706371300112X
 Post Number: 7
RumiDude Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 10:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

In other words, this isn't the disaster all the Chicken Littles have been clucking about.  It is a serious problem near the reactor in Japan but not to the US.

Rumi

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 10:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Jan. 09 2014, 7:44 pm)
I use that newfangled google thingamabobber.

I was responding to the OP who is also looking for a "survival rifle" in the gear forum.

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 10:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

"the Fukushima disaster released approximately one ten-thousandth of the total radiation produce by the world’s coal power plants annually."

Source

--------------
 Post Number: 10
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 09 2014, 11:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why no crisis over these trillions of neutrinos that are coursing through our bodies every hour, even as we check for new posts from Jimmy??

Either one of those seems way more dangerous than radiation from Fukushima.  heh

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 12:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Then
and
Now

" chemtrails create an atmosphere that will support electromagnetic waves, ground-based, electromagnetic field oscillators called gyrotrons, and ionospheric heaters and make directed energy weapons work better"

more

All you need to know about chemtrails aka "geo-engineering" AND Fukashima

more

Chemtrails911

"There is evidence that an international corporate criminal syndicate, which has annexed high government office at Federal and State level, is intent on carrying out a mass genocide against the people of the United States by using an artificial (genetic) flu pandemic virus and forced vaccine program to cause mass death and injury and depopulate America in order to transfer control of the United States to the United Nations and affiliated security forces (UN troops from countries such as China, Canada, the UK and Mexico)"

more

"Baxter mixed the deadly H5N1 virus with a mix of H3N2 seasonal flu viruses creating an extraordinary deadly super-airborne biological weapon.  The mixing of viruses in laboratory terms is called 'reassortment'.  The goal is to wipe out 6 billion people, anyone who thinks they and their family will be spared is not just naive, they are morons who bring disaster on their neighbors, family and self".

more

"H1N1 flu" is a bio engineering tactic to get everyone implanted with an ID chip and mind control drugs"

and more

H1N1 flu is a secret US biological weapons test

LOTS more !

Almost all of us have been implanted with chips in one way or another since we were born. Vaccinations, flu shots, dental work, surgeries, sleep abductions since the 1960's. Why? Because of the New World Order and Luciferian agenda of control and domination.

What I have found in the Bible Codes about implantable chips in these last days is that they are 2-way transistor radio type chips.Through these chips they can read your thoughts, hear what you are saying, even see what you are seeing (depending on the chip, like a video chip they have and can implant you with).  I have found that rare earth magnets called Neodymium magnets will nullify chips.

You can't make this sh!t up ! It's being broadcast 24/7 on a local AM radio station that belongs to the "Patriot Freedom Radio Network" and is all over them there interwebs. "That newfangled google thingamabobber" is awesome as well !!

--------------
 Post Number: 12
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 8:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Be carefull SWT, a couple of more posts like this and the New World Order will remove you.

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 13
Montanalonewolf Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 9:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think I'll pass on the crunchy spicy tuna rolls.

And here I was planning to visit my brother in Portland and pig out on fresh seafood. OTOH, I really like crab so all those extra legs would be a bonus...

--------------
If you are free to be a Liberal- Thank a person with a gun.

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
 Post Number: 14
UlightBandit Search for posts by this member.
ROAR!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 9:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The thing that scares me the most about the Fukushima disaster is all the misinformation out there....on both sides of the debate.
 Post Number: 15
toejam Search for posts by this member.
the high road is hard to find

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 9:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I recently saw something on Facebook that claimed radiation from Fukushima is now killing people in the U.S. and would continue to do so for 30,000 years. That's pretty scary considering it didn't kill anybody in Japan and was a fraction of what was released by Chernobyl and atmospheric bomb testing in the 1940 - 70's. This article came from a web site full of sensationally scary stuff where everybody was encouraged to click "share."

Trace radionuclides were detected in the U.S. within days of the Fukushima meltdowns. Fortunately, the nature of radioactive isotopes is that they decay, and the more radioactive they are the faster they decay. Iodine-131 destroyed people's thyroids near Chernobyl for about a month before it decayed.
 Post Number: 16
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 9:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The radon here in the Northeast has built up our immunity. But you west coast peeps are DOOMED!!!

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 17
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 10:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oooh, No!

We are all going to die.  Same as always.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 18
Lamebeaver Search for posts by this member.
trail? I don't need no stinkin trail!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 10:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think I just saw some black helicopters take off from Buckley.....they're heading towards Fort Collins......
 Post Number: 19
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 10:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sashimi "is people."

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
 Post Number: 20
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 10:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Fortunately I live in colorado and the nuclear fall out won't reach us way up here. Although there still is communism going on in boulder so I need to learn how to use my hard copy of Atlas Shrugged as a bomb shelter.
 Post Number: 21
SmokingHead Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 11:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(double cabin @ Jan. 10 2014, 10:17 am)
Sashimi "is people."

No, that was Soylent Green. Pay attention DC. People are Surimi.   :p

--------------
It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness.   Jerry Garcia
 Post Number: 22
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 11:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here in Maryland, if the radiation penetrates the human body they tax it as income.

--------------
You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
 Post Number: 23
TravisNWood Search for posts by this member.
W Y O M I N G

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 11:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

LOL ^^^^

--------------
Location — Wyoming
Webpages — Cloud Peak Wilderness MapsRocky Mountain Wildlife
Photos — Bighorn Mountains — Wyoming Steppes
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 24
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 11:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

FWIW, I think the first reported increase in seawater radiation levels in OR and WA occurred about three months after the incident.  It wasn't very much.

Does anyone remember the worldwide geiger counter shortage at the time?  It's probably eased up by now.
 Post Number: 25
minor deity

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 11:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey, I don't drink ground water in areas that have active fracking operations either.  Maybe I'm overreacting.

--------------
 Post Number: 26
SmokingHead Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 11:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Easily corrected if one first filters the water thru the Weyerbacher Process.

--------------
It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness.   Jerry Garcia
 Post Number: 27
hoosierdaddy Search for posts by this member.
Trophy spouse

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 10 2014, 11:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(no_granola @ Jan. 10 2014, 8:46 am)
Hey, I don't drink ground water in areas that have active fracking operations either.  Maybe I'm overreacting.

I don't drink water anyway....fish have sex in it.

--------------
God, I am going to regret this someday!
 Post Number: 28
Adirondackiteer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 11 2014, 1:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(swimswithtrout @ Jan. 09 2014, 10:17 pm)
"the Fukushima disaster released approximately one ten-thousandth of the total radiation produce by the world’s coal power plants annually."

Source

I don't know about your source, they seem to compare things to silly equivalents, and use confusing numbers. What is one ten-thousandth of the worlds coal power plants? Its about one small coal powerplant. Why go through the confusing nonsense of saying "one ten-thousandth".

Most estimates I've read seem to put the radiation pollution from the Fukushima incident about 10-20% that of Chernobyl.

So a small coal plant produces 10-20% the radiation as Chernobyl? I don't think that sounds anywhere near correct.

They also stated "The Fukushima leak is 20 trillion Bq over two years". That seems a bit off as well. Reports varied widely, but just for Iodine-131 released between March 11 and April 5 were revised DOWN (compared to earlier estimates) to 130 PBq (petabecquerels) released into the air, source: http://www.jaif.or.jp/english....96P.pdf and 15 PBq for the combined amount of iodine-131 and caesium-137 released into the water, source: http://www.jaif.or.jp/english....69P.pdf which is several thousand times more in one month than that article would have you believe leaks over the course of two year?!?

Either I'm reading something wrong or that guy is off by many magnitudes of order, leading you to believe that a nearby fish that measures several hundred times the safe radiation level is only about as much radiation as a pack of bananas.  ???

Maybe that guy should switch to writing comics or something.

Still I don't think there is much concern for the U.S. however, but that's above my paygrade to determine.

--------------
???   Shoes optional   :cool:
 Post Number: 29
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 11 2014, 1:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hoosierdaddy @ Jan. 10 2014, 11:59 am)

(no_granola @ Jan. 10 2014, 8:46 am)

I don't drink water anyway....fish have sex in it.

The last bucket of water I filtered had a frog swimming in it.
 Post Number: 30
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 11 2014, 2:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

You thought it was only swimming....
29 replies since Jan. 09 2014, 9:30 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Fukushima Reactor
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions