2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Grammy  Award?, Who is watching< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 6:52 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How many of you out there are going to watch the Grammy Awards tonight.  I can't stand that type of hype and nonsense.  Think I'll go to the book store.  But that's just me.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
BradMT Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 7:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Downton Abbey and Sherlock are on...

--------------
Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. – Socrates
 Post Number: 3
Ecocentric Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 7:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've got some movies on the DVR. I can see any wardrobe malfunctions on YouTube tomorrow.

--------------
"Travel suggestions from strangers are like dancing lessons from God." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
 Post Number: 4
High_Sierra_Fan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 7:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Like music, not so much award shows.  

Though great looking people in way expensive outfits has its own appeal.
 Post Number: 5
big_load Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 7:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(BradMT @ Jan. 26 2014, 7:07 pm)
Downton Abbey and Sherlock are on...

Exactly.  (Not that I have any choice in the matter).
 Post Number: 6
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 7:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We watched the technical awards online, my wife's cousins won a Grammy today for Best Recording Package for the Reckless Kelly album Long Night Moon!

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 7
eyebp Search for posts by this member.
Camping is for losers

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 9:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Chuck D @ Jan. 26 2014, 7:59 pm)
We watched the technical awards online, my wife's cousins won a Grammy today for Best Recording Package for the Reckless Kelly album Long Night Moon!

That is awesome, man. Congrats to the cuz. Years ago it never really clicked in to me that the majority of the awards were not shown on the networks. The first time I ran into it was some friends of mine, a married couple, that both got Emmys. One for camera work and the chick for media journalism or something like that. I thought that was way cool. I've ran into these statues over the years and one thing is always constant. They are always behind glass and lighted. I f I ever earn one for my total badassity I will get something to display it in.

--------------
Give me the wine. You keep the bread.
 Post Number: 8
Starbreaker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 9:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wife and I watched Every Which Way but Loose...ROFL!!!  I have not seen that one since the 80's..
 Post Number: 9
Tigger Search for posts by this member.
Woods Pouncer

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 26 2014, 11:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Watching Building Alaska and Alaska, The Last Frontier...

--------------
If I'm going to be lost, in the woods is where I want to be...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 10
RumiDude Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2014, 4:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I can't stand the guy down the road. His goats are always getting out and nearly caused me to drive into the ditch once.  But that's just me.

Rumi

--------------
“This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all.”
 Post Number: 11
Cloudwalker Search for posts by this member.
?

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2014, 5:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Had no idea it was on.  Besides, I had to work my part time job tonight and when I got home I played around with various server software programs on an old PC.

--------------
My website

Find me on facebook and shoot me a friends request
 Post Number: 12
Woodswoman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2014, 9:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I stopped watching after Willie Nelson, Kris Kristoffesron, Merle Haggard, and Blake Shelton sang (I enjoyed that part). Most of the other performers were a little too bizarre for my tastes.

--------------
All this time I was finding myself, and I didn't know I was lost. ~Avicii
 Post Number: 13
desert dweller Search for posts by this member.
Greetings

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2014, 11:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I went out on the town last night. Ate food, drank beer and watched live local music. Plus, got 12 miles of bike riding in going to all the different places. Also, met a girl I'm going to text later on today.

Sure beats sitting around watching TV.

--------------
Seek Higher Ground
Can you feel the silence

Photobucket
Flickr
YouTube
 Post Number: 14
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2014, 1:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RumiDude @ Jan. 27 2014, 4:03 am)
I can't stand the guy down the road. His goats are always getting out and nearly caused me to drive into the ditch once.  But that's just me.

Rumi

Jeeze Rumi.  Sorry about those goats.  You should have stayed home and watched television  Much safer.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 15
Roger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2014, 3:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Went for a nice hike yesterday with Ms. Dolly and then to a friends house for dinner.  A great time was had by all.  We did not watch or know the Grammy Awards were on and do not feel we missed anything.

--------------
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain
 Post Number: 16
smokehiker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2014, 5:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I gave it a shot.  Kind of older and set in my ways I guess.  Don't have much tolerance for hip-hop/rap that seems to dominate the Grammy awards.
 Post Number: 17
buzzards Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2014, 6:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Grammy awards? Are those for being good grandparents? I seem to recall an old Simpsons episode where even Homer was unimpressed by a Grammy (whatever in the heck it is).

--------------
Now shall I walk or shall I ride?
Ride, said pleasure,
Walk, Joy replied,
 Post Number: 18
Old Frank Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2014, 6:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just wonderin', because I don't stay in-touch much anymore:  

Did any of the nominated songs have a melody?

--------------
My favorite compliment: "GrandPa, I've seen other old men, and their faces are a whole lot cruddier than yours is".
 Post Number: 19
Starbreaker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 27 2014, 9:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

No.
18 replies since Jan. 26 2014, 6:52 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Grammy  Award?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions