2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: March Madness, Who Do You Like?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2014, 8:11 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Go BuffS!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si....D454451

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
wwwest Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2014, 10:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Colorado got a tough draw.

Pittsburgh will be hard fought, and then they will be facing Florida.

But, at least they are in there battling, a big improvement over what was happening for most of the last 20 years.

I am thinking that Michigan State is a sleeper to watch, off how they played this weekend beating Wisconsin and Michigan, plus got a good draw and pulled up to a 4 seed.  Should make the Sweet 16, and then put on the glass slippers.

--------------
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

- John Kenneth Galbraith
 Post Number: 3
leafwalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 16 2014, 10:56 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

yes. I used to follow, but to many kids leave early. And, as a former coach, there is so much going om away from the ball that I just don't watch.

--------------
One step at a time is good walking
- Chinese proverb

Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds, for the opportunity to rain on a tent. - D Barry

Peace and love.

The wind blew my list of things to do away.
 Post Number: 4
leafwalker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 12:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes. I used to do a bracket, but now, who cares.

--------------
One step at a time is good walking
- Chinese proverb

Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds, for the opportunity to rain on a tent. - D Barry

Peace and love.

The wind blew my list of things to do away.
 Post Number: 5
hikerjer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 1:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Agree with the above posts.  Who cares?  College basketball is just as hyped and corrupt as college football.

--------------
"Too often I have met men who boast only of how many miles they've traveled and not of what they've seen."  -  Louis L'Amour
 Post Number: 6
llamapacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 1:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I do enjoy college basketball and for 6 or 8 years I bought season tickets to watch the Oregon Ducks.  They were not very good in those days, before uncle Nike started sending gifts, but some great teams came to town and the Ducks beat a few of them.  It was fun to watch.  Now that I'm retired I don't have time to watch.  Go figure.  

I'll catch a few of the tournament games and root for the PAC 12.  Other than that, any underdog will do.
 Post Number: 7
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 8:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

College basketball is that season between backpacking season and the return of Spring.  I follow it closely.  I try not to schedule trips during late March.

Louisville is my Alma Mater, so I will be cheering for them.  I see Florida, Michigan State, and Louisville in the Final Four, with the fourth team being either Az or Creighton.

Each year, some schools fail to live up to their seed, and there are some that consistently fail to do so.  Pitt, Wisconsin, and Kansas are 3 of the worst at living up to their seed.  I predict 4 wins from the 3 of them this year.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 8
GoBlueHiker Search for posts by this member.
Obsessive Island Hopper...

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 9:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Basketball, right?  Tis the season I suppose.

--------------
Wealth needs more.  Happiness needs less.  Simplify.

www.RainForestTreks.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
JimInMD Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 9:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I haven't watched a game all season, but I believe that Wichita State drew a REALLY tough bracket to be the number one seed in.

--------------
"Your number one philosophy for personal security should be a life long commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation."

The 3 Stupids Rule:

Don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people, to do stupid things.
 Post Number: 10
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 9:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As much as I hate to say it, Michigan State.  I also think they lucked out in ending up in the West region.

I'll be rooting for Michigan all the way, though!  :)

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 11
Chuck D Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 9:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Anyone going to enter Warren Buffet's Billion Dollar Bracket?

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/quicken....d|

--------------
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
 Post Number: 12
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 10:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Syracuse, of course. Although I can envision them losing in the first round, I could also see them going to the Final 4. Gonna be a tough road in the South Region... Florida, Kansas, and SU... wow.

I think about 15 teams have a chance at the national title.

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 13
markskor Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 10:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, maybe 15 teams could win this thing - wide open!

On a side note, my UCLA Bruins got hosed - a  fourth seed in a tough South after beating #1 AZ.

--------------
mountain man who swims with trout
 Post Number: 14
Marmotstew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 11:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hikerjer @ Mar. 17 2014, 1:01 am)
Agree with the above posts.  Who cares?  College basketball is just as hyped and corrupt as college football.

+ a lot

College ball is the minor leagues(free)for the NFL and NBA. Get it out in the open pay the players with money, cocaine and hookers. Quit justifying it by saying: well they get a free education. Bah humbug to school spirit and all that nonsense.
 Post Number: 15
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 17 2014, 11:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Marmotstew @ Mar. 17 2014, 11:23 am)
College ball is the minor leagues(free)for the NFL and NBA. Get it out in the open pay the players with money, cocaine and hookers. Quit justifying it by saying: well they get a free education.

Don't disagree with you but here's the way I look at it.  The men's football and basketball programs fund most of the athletic department, so it's not just the football/basketball players' free education that we're talking about; it's also about the education that those outstanding fencers and volleyball players are getting.  Most student-atheletes aren't going on to pro careers and have no illusions that they will, so they'll actually do something with their opportunities.

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 16
toejam Search for posts by this member.
the high road is hard to find

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2014, 8:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I like Guiness in March.
 Post Number: 17
Starbreaker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 18 2014, 9:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As always I pick Alonso and Ferrari..  As far as basket ball, I could not name a single team.
 Post Number: 18
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2014, 10:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, the first weekend is over, and there were some big surprises.  Duke, Ohio State, Kansas, Wichita St, all lost.  All of the 4 seeds won.  Big 10 still has 4 teams alive of the 16 remaining schools.  PAC 12 and SEC have 3 schools left.  My own alma mater is still playing.  My bracket has long since been burned.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 19
Pgunnz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2014, 10:45 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My bracket is all messed up now lol Kansas really hurt me.

--------------
“Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.”
 Post Number: 20
kcwins Search for posts by this member.
I refuse to grow up!

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2014, 4:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Loving my brackets and the Big 10 right now. That being said, Give me Florida vs. Louisville for the win, Alex.

I MAY be able to survive a Florida vs Arizona final too.

Loved the first weekend as usual.

--------------
Signature removed for lack of payment
 Post Number: 21
double cabin Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 06 2014, 6:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gotta root against the Saturday Evening Convicts League and should be a convict Calpari. .

Go Huskies!

--------------
We have nothing to fear but an industry of fear...and man skirts.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=129511480442251
20 replies since Mar. 16 2014, 8:11 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply March Madness
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions