2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Lost in the Wild book< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
QCHIKER Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 21 2014, 10:44 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Excellant book about two differnt men who get lost one in the BWCA and one in Quetico. The one was doing the Pow Wow trail in the BWCA and got lost and survived for about a week without food. The other was a guide for a canoeing group who became lost while looking for a portage.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
rangersven Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 22 2014, 6:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I enjoyed it, too.  Glad to see some one else plugged it here.  A pleasant suprise was what I got out of reading the book.

Happy Trails,

RS

--------------
"Backpacker.com's Original Provocateur."
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 22 2014, 6:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It does have a few learning moments to it. I enjoyed the point of view of what is going thru someones mind and causes them to do the things they do. In these cases they didn't really think it thru well.
 Post Number: 4
rangersven Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 22 2014, 7:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

To good case studies to learn from.  The cold case made me shiver just reading it.  I hate the cold in Minnesota.  Much prefer winter in the West.

RS

--------------
"Backpacker.com's Original Provocateur."
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 23 2014, 5:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was shocked that the guy hiking left his gear and took so little with him when trying to get to his car.  The canoeing guide really did a great job of using some skills to know his direction of travel. Using the stick method and the North Star to find his directions.
 Post Number: 6
tomas Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 23 2014, 8:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Fun book. It was recommended to me to read the even chapters first and then the odd ones which was excellent advice.

--------------
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Mar. 24 2014, 12:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(tomas @ Mar. 23 2014, 8:03 pm)
Fun book. It was recommended to me to read the even chapters first and then the odd ones which was excellent advice.

Ya, I figured half the book would be one guys story and half the other, so was surprised how it was every other chapter for them.
6 replies since Mar. 21 2014, 10:44 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Lost in the Wild book
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions