2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Walking For Fitness< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Tony222 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2012, 7:23 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Walking is the simplest cardio exercise that everyone can do. Walking can be really useful if a good walking plan is followed.
Start with low speed and short distance. Gradually increase your daily distance and speed on daily basis up to the limit that you can manage easily. You can divide your long daily walking limit in short distances throughout the day. You plan will be more effective if you eat some natural fat burning foods along with walking like lemon, orange and grape fruit.

--------------
Tony
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
rogerskevin67 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 19 2012, 2:06 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I really like to walk and i know its good for fitness and all but my legs pain all the daylong if I walk in the morning, Is there any remedy on this pain?
 Post Number: 3
John Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 19 2012, 12:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(rogerskevin67 @ Sep. 19 2012, 1:06 am)
I really like to walk and i know its good for fitness and all but my legs pain all the daylong if I walk in the morning, Is there any remedy on this pain?

First place that I would check is your shoes.  It could be that the cushioning is worn and the shoes need to be replaced.
 Post Number: 4
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 19 2012, 8:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and try to walk for fitness at least a few times a week (about a mile or so).

I will be working my way up to run/walking a 5K again in January, after having the baby around Turkey day, with the goal of running a 5K in March 2013, finishing in under 40 minutes (that was my time last year, I ran the week I found out I was pregnant).

I also have a Walk Away the Pounds fitness DVD for those rainy days and plan to use it more post-partum.

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 5
LostSheep Search for posts by this member.
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 20 2012, 11:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Awesome VAN!

I dont know what it is, but I smile every time I hear of people starting a couch to "whateverK" :)

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

IT'S OUR TURN. Ask me how you can help.
 Post Number: 6
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 21 2012, 4:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(LostSheep @ Sep. 20 2012, 11:38 am)
Awesome VAN!

I dont know what it is, but I smile every time I hear of people starting a couch to "whateverK" :)

I did Couch to 5K last year and loved it.

I was going to do the Bridge to 10K when I found out I was pregnant.

Maybe in 2013 I'll actually become a runner  :cool:

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
5 replies since Aug. 25 2012, 7:23 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Walking For Fitness
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions