2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Increasing Height ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Tony222 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2012, 7:13 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I want to increase my height but I don't want to use any medication.
So tell me a good plan for increasing my height.
My current height is 5 feet 4 inches and I wan to be at least 5 feet 8 inches.
My age is 22 years and My weight is 60 kg.
What foods should I eat?
Which exercise is best for increasing height?

--------------
Tony
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
LostSheep Search for posts by this member.
Most Awesomest Member

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2012, 9:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm no dr., but I don't think that's possible. I'd be willing to say that foods just aren't going to do it.

--------------
Team Red, White & Blue’s vision is to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat and exit the Armed Services.

IT'S OUR TURN. Ask me how you can help.
 Post Number: 3
Ron. Search for posts by this member.
don't surround yourself with your self

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2012, 10:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I measured nearly 1" taller than I historically have been measured the last time I had a checkup.

I had her remeasure me because I thought she misread the bar!

All I can figure is losing weight, getting in the best shape of my life through cycling/mountainbiking, combined with taking up climbing has improved my posture. The climbing really strengthens the core and keeps everything limber.

I mountainbike with a guy that is what one would consider short. He is one of the fastest guys I know. He also climbs, backpacks, snowboards and the ladies love him. I'm not sure he gives his height much thought.

Maximize what potential you have and don't be concerned with the stuff you have little to no control over.

--------------
And be kind toward one another
 Post Number: 4
SPeacock Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2012, 10:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tony at 22 you are as tall as you are going to get without some serious (and dangerous) chemicals.   Well, unless you get somebody to put you on a medieval rack.  But they made the 'client' longer by dislocation.  

I'd stick with elevator shoes.

For the most part the ends of your bones have completed their task of getting you off the ground.  They will no longer respond to signals from the body to grow.

Maintaining what you have is the trick from now on.  As people slump (poor posture) or get various bone and muscles diseases they will end of life have 'shrunk' considerably.

Some of the great mountaineers and astronauts have been under 5'5".  Smaller body means less energy needed to get to amazing goals.

--------------
Experience as well as wisdom, at times, is foolishly acquired.
To understand why details matter, you first need to notice them.
 Post Number: 5
wildlifenate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2012, 3:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Tony222 @ Aug. 28 2012, 6:13 am)
What foods should I eat?

be happy with what you got 'cause it's not going to change.

it's not just that your bones won't respond to chemical signals to grow at this point.  it's that they CAN'T.  it is physiologically impossible.  your growth plates have ossified by now.  tough cookies.

you are what you are.

I think you can have surgery where doctors break your legs and progressively spread them farther apart so your body rebuilds bone between them.  but gaining 4" from that is going to result in very long periods of time where you are not mobile, in a lot of pain, and taking tons of drugs.  that doesn't sound like the sort of solution you're looking for....and besides, because that procedure is so painful, I think they only do it to folks who have serious consequences for being short.  I doubt they'd even consider you for that procedure because while 5'4 is a little short, it's still "normal"

--------------
The GPS Geek
 Post Number: 6
rorak Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2012, 11:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Surgery I think is the only way, however if you have poor posture you work on that. I think some people have gotten a slight increase from hanging from there ankles and stretching. I dont think your going to get 4" no matter what you try, surgery I think can only give you 2 or 3 and as stated thats not a fun way to go.
I do remember seeing something about the surgery, I guess it really popular in Japan.

--------------
Paul   TC,MI.
 Post Number: 7
llamapacker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 30 2012, 11:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm no doctor either, but what the hey; you must visualize yourself being taller and more robust.  Ingest more bull butter.  Have you tried helium?  What medications have been recommended and what's the website?  I might have a suitable subject.
 Post Number: 8
SupportTheALF Search for posts by this member.

Group: Guests
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 01 2012, 6:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

LMAO!  Awesome thread.

Post Number: 9
SpiderWave625 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 20 2012, 2:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know someone who used hormones to increase their height maybe six or so inches. But I think he had an actual problem with his height, it was stunted from cancer or something.

--------------
gold coast it services
 Post Number: 10
EastieTrekker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 20 2012, 10:58 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Tony222 @ Aug. 28 2012, 7:13 am)
What foods should I eat?

Hey Tony, I'm 5'6".  
I find the best way to increase my height is to stand on a stool.  
The best foods to eat are soups, that way you can stand on the cans afterward.
The best exercise is hiking in the mountains, in the front of a group of people that way when you look back you're taller than everyone else.

:cool:

--------------
I request all the possible consumer protection organizations, and fight with their injustice.   ???
 Post Number: 11
wildlifenate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 21 2012, 2:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(SpiderWave625 @ Sep. 20 2012, 1:19 am)
I know someone who used hormones to increase their height maybe six or so inches. But I think he had an actual problem with his height, it was stunted from cancer or something.

if you are a child, that can be a valid way to accomplish it.  but not just any doc on the street is going to give you the meds for that.  you have to genuinely need it.

as an adult, your bones will not grow, no matter how many hormones you take.  it is impossible.  short of breaking them and spreading them.  but that's torture.

--------------
The GPS Geek
10 replies since Aug. 28 2012, 7:13 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Increasing Height ?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions