2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Megatransect '13< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Talus. Search for posts by this member.
Delsolation is my destination

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 29 2013, 4:46 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, I did pretty well at the Megatransect this year, considering the injuries and lack of training.  I actually beat last year's time by two minutes although the course wasn't exactly the same.  I was 24th (out of 71) in my age group and 272 (out of 682) overall.   The best part of the event was getting a chance to meet WWBF and his buddy Jason.  We had a great time camping out over the weekend and partaking in the post race festivities, even though he beat me by ten minutes.  By the way, obese one, the results are here.

--------------
“Mountains are not Stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion.”
― Anatoli Boukreev
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
WalksWithBlackflies Search for posts by this member.
Resident Eco-Freak Bootlicker

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2013, 9:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Great meeting you Talus!

That was the furthest I've ever run. I really surprised myself by running the last 4 miles, including the entire Green Mile. Especially since I cramped up bad at the bottom of the Raw ascent.

Surprisingly, I have no blisters or other foot issues. Even the minor muscle soreness has faded.

Now the question is: do I take a break from running, or try to keep the gains I've made over the past month?

--------------
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2013, 3:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd give yourself at least a week off from anything too intense.  Then start ramping up for your next goal.  I'd try a 50k if I were you.  Check out:
http://www.irunfar.com/
http://ultrarunnerpodcast.com/

Also just Google trail races in your area...

By the way, how's Jason doing?  He looked like he was going to loose some toenails.  I think I'm "just" losing 1...

I signed up for a 25k in early November.  I'm also trying a new physical therapy technique that someone on the trail told me about, so maybe I'll get my ankle fixed by then.

--------------
“Mountains are not Stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion.”
― Anatoli Boukreev
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2013, 6:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Alisha says "nice to meet you."

--------------
― Anatoli Boukreev
 Post Number: 5
WBrim Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2013, 4:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Nice going guys that run looks like to much fun. Does it sell out and how soon if it does. Id love to get out there and do that if I heal up this winter and don't injure myself next year.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2013, 8:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

If the servers hadn't crashed it would have sold out in about an hour.  -They may go to a lottery next year.  Signup is on New year's day.

--------------
― Anatoli Boukreev
5 replies since Sep. 29 2013, 4:46 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Megatransect '13
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions