2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Nevada Barr books up for grabs :)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
SWest Search for posts by this member.
No And Then!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 12:25 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi girls!

I need to get rid of some stuff around here. I have the first three Anna Pigeon mystery books by Nevada Barr that I will send for free to the first person that responds in this thread. I thought these books were really neat. The main character is a park ranger and the books are set in real National Parks.

I will be out of town for four days and then I can send them out when I get back. These are fun easy reading, so I hope some one takes me up on it. And, yes, I know there is a book sub-forum but I wanted to give them to a woman who might see a little bit of herself in the heroine. :)

Track of the Cat
A Superior Death
Ill Wind

--------------
The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. -Frost
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 5:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

lol, there is a little bit of Anna Pigeon in us all.  Love her books - I own them all :)  I recently re-read the oldies, and am catching up on her latest books.  I'm on "Winter Study" now.

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 7:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm another fan.  Though I'm beginning to wonder how she can get out of bed in the mornings, as beat up as she's been over the years.  I've never even had the snot kicked out of me, and I have trouble some days!  

I'm tempted to ask for the books, but I've read them all, and don't need any more books in my house, either :)  I get anything I want so easily from the library, I'm really trying not to take on any more paper.

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 4
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 25 2013, 8:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No kidding!  She's gotta have some great scars...

As a former Park Ranger, I also shake my head at all the things she does w/o gaining clearance from a supervisor first.  Way to circumvent the red tape, lol  In real life she probably would've gotten fired (or at least not-promoted) for it.  But, it's fiction, and more entertaining that way :p

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
 Post Number: 5
No And Then!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 30 2013, 6:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:(  Wow...not even for free? I guess they will be going to the goodwill on Friday.

--------------
The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. -Frost
 Post Number: 6
toesnorth Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 30 2013, 7:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess those of us that would be interested have already read them.   :)
You could also donate them to your local library.  That's what I do.  Some get put on the shelves and some are sold.

--------------
"Failure is never as frightening as regret."
 Post Number: 7
VAN Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 30 2013, 9:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'll take them!! I'll send you a message.

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 8
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 31 2013, 12:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(toesnorth @ Jan. 30 2013, 4:42 pm)
I guess those of us that would be interested have already read them.   :)
You could also donate them to your local library.  That's what I do.  Some get put on the shelves and some are sold.

I see VAN claimed them, but Toesnorth has it right.  My library would have those out on the "honorback" racks right away--very high demand for that sort of book.  And, like most libraries, we sell books to buy books, and popular authors like Barr are good sellers, paperback or even (as some people actually do buy them!) hardback.

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 9
No And Then!

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 07 2013, 12:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The books were sent to Van on Tuesday :)

I had all the good intentions of sending a nice note, but my kid was talking to everyone at the post office so it didn't happen.

Hope you enjoy!

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 09 2013, 8:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(SWest @ Feb. 07 2013, 12:21 pm)
The books were sent to Van on Tuesday :)

I had all the good intentions of sending a nice note, but my kid was talking to everyone at the post office so it didn't happen.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for paying it forward. Looking forward to doing some reading!

--------------
"Long you live and high you fly. And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry. And all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd
 Post Number: 11

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 14 2013, 8:47 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Got the books! Thanks again.

--------------
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 25 2013, 7:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've already read the first two and now I am hooked! How did I not know this series existed??

--------------
 Post Number: 13
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013, 12:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And you know about Dana Stabenow's Kate Shugak, right?

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 14
foggy Search for posts by this member.
There's no place like home

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013, 5:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Bummer, days late, and a dollar short.  I've not read any of her books, but you can bet, I will now.  :)

--------------
"True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost."
- Charles Caleb Colton
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013, 7:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(foggy @ Feb. 27 2013, 5:08 pm)
Bummer, days late, and a dollar short.  I've not read any of her books, but you can bet, I will now.  :)

Foggy,

if you can wait another week or so, I'll be happy to forward them on. I have one left to read out of the 3 that were sent to me :)

--------------
14 replies since Jan. 25 2013, 12:25 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Nevada Barr books up for grabs :)
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions