2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Down miniskirt?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
tarol Search for posts by this member.
Well I never!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 26 2013, 4:31 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

???

http://www.sierradesigns.com/p-603-dridown-capiz-skirt-womens.aspx

--------------
Got elevation? www.tarol.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Deborah Search for posts by this member.
Deborah - 18 Months

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 27 2013, 1:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Questionable indeed.

--------------
“What we need is production by the masses, not mass-production”  Gandhi

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn”  David Russell
 Post Number: 3
fifeplayer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 27 2013, 7:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That actually looks kind of fun for the "apres ski" function for which it's designed. (I'd have no problems wearing that over black longjohns and boots on the car ride back to civilization. If I had the legs for it...)
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 4
RebeccaD Search for posts by this member.
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2013, 1:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It might also make a warm hat.  I wonder what it weighs?

--------------
Writerly thoughts, book reviews, and random short fiction found at
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 5
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 29 2013, 1:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hmm...3.6 oz.  get it big enough to wear it around the torso for extra warmth in the bag at night, use as freezer bag cozy, and put it on your head when chilling after dinner.  If it weren't a hundred bucks I might give it a go.  It unzips all the way, too, for greater versatility.

And it might be fun to startle the spouse...

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 6
TigerFan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 31 2013, 9:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, you see a mini-skirt but I see a butt-warmer.  :D

I'm thinking like Rebecca.  Maybe making one that's rectangular and zips open all the way, that could double as a small blanket/throw or stuff into a stuff sack for a pillow.

I thought about what the dimensions would be to fit around the widest part of my hips and, well, Rebecca's might be a hat but mine would definitely be an alarmingly large BLANKET...  :p

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 7
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 4:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

TF--you don't have to order one to fit your widest part. Not if you don't actually intend to use it as a mini-skirt :D.  When I said hat, I was looking at the itty bitty one on the model :p

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 8
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 4:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

As a butt-warmer, though, that thing has potential.  My butt is frequently cold as Greenland in winter.

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 9
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 5:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You could sew in a couple of pockets on the inside, to put one of those chemical warmers in, then it would actually be a Butt warmer.  Most women with cold butts do not generate enough heat from that area for a down mini skirt to help.  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 7:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Nov. 02 2013, 5:34 pm)
Most women with cold butts do not generate enough heat from that area for a down mini skirt to help.  

I beg your pardon?  ???

--------------
Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Post Number: 11
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 7:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(TigerFan @ Nov. 02 2013, 4:29 pm)

Most women with cold butts do not generate enough heat from that area for a down mini skirt to help.  

I beg your pardon?  ???

He's actually right.  Fatty deposits lack blood vessels, which is why our butts are cold in the fist place.  Now, a down skirt with carefully-positioned hand warmers...this is getting better all the time!

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 12

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 9:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RebeccaD @ Nov. 02 2013, 7:36 pm)

(TigerFan @ Nov. 02 2013, 4:29 pm)

I beg your pardon?  ???

He's actually right.  Fatty deposits lack blood vessels, which is why our butts are cold in the fist place.  Now, a down skirt with carefully-positioned hand warmers...this is getting better all the time!

I just thought it was rather interestingly worded.  :)

--------------
 Post Number: 13
ol-zeke Search for posts by this member.
Clear Creek

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 9:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I meant no harm, and now I see what you are talking about.  Sorry.  Did not mean to imply anything other than the need for hand warmers.  :)  

--------------
Everything I know, I learned by doing it wrong at least twice.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."  Steve McQueen
 Post Number: 14
Double Arch, Arches N.P.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 02 2013, 11:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Nov. 02 2013, 6:55 pm)
I meant no harm, and now I see what you are talking about.  Sorry.  Did not mean to imply anything other than the need for hand warmers.  :)  

LOL!  I missed that!  And those would be butt warmers, I think.  

I'm really wishing this thing weren't 99 dollars, because it's really sounding rather good to me!

--------------
The Ninja Librarian Blog
 Post Number: 15

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 03 2013, 11:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ol-zeke @ Nov. 02 2013, 9:55 pm)

No apology needed.  I thought it was funny (and, obviously, mine was only mind in the gutter...  :D )

--------------
14 replies since Oct. 26 2013, 4:31 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Down miniskirt?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions