2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Weminuche Wilderness, CO - 6 Days, August 2013, Elk Park - Needleton loop + Windom Peak< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
metalman390 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 10 2013, 11:30 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

For the 2nd year now, I drove out to Colorado in early August for 2+ weeks of awesome. In the days before our hike, we visited Denver, Boulder, Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado National Monument, Telluride, and Mesa Verde National Park. After that, we hiked 6 days in the Weminuche Wilderness, part of the San Juan National Forest. We hiked the Elk Park - Needleton "loop", opting to take the train from Durango to Elk Park and hike a semi-loop back to the Needleton train stop. Total mileage was around 50 miles, including a summit of Windom Peak.

Full trip report and pictures here: Weminuche Wilderness Hike

After our hike, the very next day, we spent a night in the Great Sand Dunes National Park before heading home. I don't think I've ever packed so much into one vacation, and I am looking forward to my next visit to Colorado, and ultimately, a permanent move there. Michigan has NOTHING on Colorado!

--------------
MetalBackpacker.com
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
RobinHood Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2013, 10:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

FYI, none of your links show up.

--------------
The vast majority of every species that has ever lived on Earth is now extinct. To think that humans can avoid the fate of every other creature is arrogant. Like all life on Earth, our time is limited.
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2013, 11:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(RobinHood @ Sep. 26 2013, 10:55 pm)
FYI, none of your links show up.

I just double checked and I can't find any links that aren't working. Which ones are you referring to? Everything appears to be good on my end.

--------------
MetalBackpacker.com
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2013, 11:32 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is what I get when I try to click on both your links:

Notice! This domain has been redirected.

Maybe it has something to do with my computer.

--------------
The vast majority of every species that has ever lived on Earth is now extinct. To think that humans can avoid the fate of every other creature is arrogant. Like all life on Earth, our time is limited.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2013, 11:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Anybody else, can you click on his links and see if they show up?

--------------
 Post Number: 6
toejam Search for posts by this member.
the high road is hard to find

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 5:03 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, it's broken. I read this TR already and it's a good one. Only wish you'd climbed Eolus and posted a picture of the catwalk. This is a classic CO trip.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 11:04 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Actually, at the moment I am having some issues with godaddy. All of my domains are down right now and should be back up today, hopefully.

--------------
MetalBackpacker.com
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 1:42 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The site is back up and working.

--------------
MetalBackpacker.com
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 27 2013, 7:20 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And it's down again. Not happy with godaddy right now!

I will update this again when the site is back up.

--------------
MetalBackpacker.com
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 28 2013, 5:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok guys, it's back up. Sorry about all that.

--------------
MetalBackpacker.com
9 replies since Sep. 10 2013, 11:30 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Weminuche Wilderness, CO - 6 Days, August 2013
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions