2 Free Issues and 3 Free Gifts!
Full Name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email: (required)
If I like it and decide to continue, I'll pay just $12.00, and receive a full one-year subscription (9 issues in all), a 73% savings off the newsstand price! If for any reason I decide not to continue, I'll write "cancel" on the invoice and owe nothing.
Your subscription includes 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Or click here to pay now and get 2 extra issues
Offer valid in US only.

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Paying deposit< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Alex75 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2013, 2:20 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hello all,

We have booked a tour via a travel agency Jeepneyguide.com to The Phillippines and they ask us now to make deposit via Paypal. Does anybody has experience with this and is it safe to pay via paypal?

best regards, Alex
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
burntfoot Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2013, 9:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My wife is Filipino, and she thinks it is legit.  But, no guarantees.  Paypal is pretty reliable now and common over there.  How much deposit are they asking for, and what percentage of the total cost is it?

Where and when are you going?  How many days?

I looked at the website and like it.  But, I would ask for the name and phone number of a contact person before making a payment.  The "contact us" part of the website only lists emails.  Get that contact, and make one long distance call to verify it.  After that, I think you would be safe putting down a deposit.  This is the same advice I give to people going to India who ask me, since I once lived there.  Deposits of some kind (up to 50 percent) are common.

--------------
I love the mountains!
 Post Number: 3
Alex75 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 08 2013, 1:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks for your advice. We will travel in January next year for 3 weeks and want to visit the highlights (Manila, Bohol, Palawan and a few days Boracay)
 Post Number: 4
burntfoot Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2013, 4:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Have a good trip.  Leave a message here when you get back.  And, let me know if you were able to find a contact person/phone for the company, and how much deposit they want.  You should be okay.

--------------
I love the mountains!
3 replies since Nov. 07 2013, 2:20 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Paying deposit
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code

Get 2 FREE Trial Issues and 3 FREE GIFTS
Survival Skills 101 • Eat Better
The Best Trails in America
YES! Please send me my FREE trial issues of Backpacker
and my 3 FREE downloadable booklets.
Full Name:
City:
Address 1:
Zip Code:
State:
Address 2:
Email (required):
Free trial offer valid for US subscribers only. Canadian subscriptions | International subscriptions